My Son got a standing ovation from the cast of The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cofphoto

Super Freak
Reaction score
This happened last Saturday at Paleyfest in Hollywood. Really wanted to share it here but didn't really know where to put it.

We had planned on doing the first part all along, but we added the second part on during the panel. Early on in the panel one of the Producers said that they liked the idea of kids watching their show growing up with Grant Gustin being "their Flash". During the panel I was thinking how right they were, just like people my age growing up knowing Christopher Reeve as our Superman. So we added the second part.

What we didn't expect was the reaction of the cast, and the crowd. Needless to say, pretty much the most awesome thing ever.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvqGwFPmJtQ&feature=youtu.be

I'm telling you, its only a matter of time before one of these superhero tv shows or movies casts your son as something!

LOL You're not the first one to say that. They know how to reach me on Twitter when the time comes. A couple of women from WB approached me afterwards and took my information because they wanted to send him something. Haven't heard from them yet, but they're going to be at Wondercon again in a couple of weeks, and we'll be there and certainly make another appearance. :)

5386150367_20a383e3c7_o.gif

That's great, but the important thing to remember here is that your son is doing all of this (not only this event but also all the other stuff you are posting in various threads) for his benefit (or pleasure) rather than yours.
Not knowing your son, I do not want to presume anything, so don't get me wrong, but looking at all of these activities you present your son with, it seems it can get a bit overwhelming for a little boy.
I am speaking from somewhat personal experiance since I also have a kid and I sometimes find myself trying to "persuade" him into things I like (movie nostalgia and superhero related) which sometimes results in dissapointment from both sides. So, I decided to let him grow his own interests, in his own time, me being there only as an introduction and presentor of things I know and like. If he grows to like it, thats great, but who knows, maybe he grows into other, even cooler stuff!
When I look back at my own childhood, the setting where I grew up could not be further from all the stuff I grew to love, but nevertheless I found them, even though most of my family and friends never understood that.

But anyway, aside my observations, congrats on all the cool stuff you two are doing together!

Last edited:
That's great, but the important thing to remember here is that your son is doing all of this (not only this event but also all the other stuff you are posting in various threads) for his benefit (or pleasure) rather than yours.
Not knowing your son, I do not want to presume anything, so don't get me wrong, but looking at all of these activities you present your son with, it seems it can get a bit overwhelming for a little boy.
I am speaking from somewhat personal experiance since I also have a kid and I sometimes find myself trying to "persuade" him into things I like (movie nostalgia and superhero related) which sometimes results in dissapointment from both sides. So, I decided to let him grow his own interests, in his own time, me being there only as an introduction and presentor of things I know and like. If he grows to like it, thats great, but who knows, maybe he grows into other, even cooler stuff!
When I look back at my own childhood, the setting where I grew up could not be further from all the stuff I grew to love, but nevertheless I found them, even though most of my family and friends never understood that.

But anyway, aside my observations, congrats on all the cool stuff you two are doing together!

My Son eats, sleeps and breathes super heroes. Not to mention The Flash is his favorite show on TV and he has been reciting that opening since about the 3-4th episode. Whenever we go to a comic convention and attend a panel for a show that we like, we get up and ask a question. First time he went with me and I asked, second time I went with him and he asked. Now he does it alone. Was he nervous, of course, who wouldn't be. But after he did it (and nailed it) he thought it was the coolest thing ever. And for him to see his favorite TV super hero's reaction to what he did was awesome (his words).

I just look at it as a life experience. No matter what you do in life, being able to stand up and speak in front of a large group of people is a great quality.

He just keeps asking me if we can watch the video again, with a huge grin on his face. ;)

That was awesome! You have a great kid and a great relationship with him. All dads should be like you!

Thanks! I'll even take it one step further. When he was born almost 9 years ago, I couldn't have told you who Steve Rogers or Tony Stark were. He is the reason that I got into all of this stuff, not the other way around. :yess:

My Son eats, sleeps and breathes super heroes. Not to mention The Flash is his favorite show on TV and he has been reciting that opening since about the 3-4th episode. Whenever we go to a comic convention and attend a panel for a show that we like, we get up and ask a question. First time he went with me and I asked, second time I went with him and he asked. Now he does it alone. Was he nervous, of course, who wouldn't be. But after he did it (and nailed it) he thought it was the coolest thing ever. And for him to see his favorite TV super hero's reaction to what he did was awesome (his words).

I just look at it as a life experience. No matter what you do in life, being able to stand up and speak in front of a large group of people is a great quality.

He just keeps asking me if we can watch the video again, with a huge grin on his face. ;)

That's all great, but I always found that the things which interest me the most and the ones I come to love most, are those that I get to discover on my own and not have them spoon fed to me (to put it mildly).

AWESOME!!! I know the feeling.......and dang nab-bit...............it made me cry when my daughter got the same thing.:hi5:
Proud fathers are a good thing in this wacky, wacky world we live in.:)

Back