"Money" Mayweather VS. Canelo Alvarez

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bah, Pacman was as much to blame for the non-fight. Mayweather's legacy amongst the great Junior/Welterweight fighters of his day is solidified even without the result against Canelo in the books.

Exactly. Hell, I'd even say he'll go down as the best super featherweight of all-time. Hands down one of the best. His style was a bit different way back then, but he was so damn quick in his youth.

I agree with your entire statement. True words spoken my friend.

^^Floyd's KO percentage is the close/same as Ali's -- yup, your comment holds up :lol

I don't think we should compare mayweather to one of the best fighters of all time. Ali fought in the heavyweight division with some of the best fighters of all time. This is like comparing apples to oranges.

I don't think we should compare mayweather to one of the best fighters of all time. Ali fought in the heavyweight division with some of the best fighters of all time. This is like comparing apples to oranges.

Regardless, Floyd has planted a lot of guys on their asses for not having what is considered "knockout power". And he's never even been knocked down.

From a technical standpoint, since boxing is the art "hitting without getting hit", he is one of the best all-time.

Ofcourse you can compare Mayweateher to Ali. Mayweather is one of the best fighters of all time already and when he retires probably 50-0 with no knock downs, it would be hard to not call him the very best.

I thought this was a risky one for Mayweather but again, he was dominant. He makes very good boxers look ordinary and sometimes embarrassing in the way he makes them miss.

Infact its quite freakish for his age!

The problem now is who is next ? If Pac comes through which he should, id still like to see that.
I wouldnt mind seeing Marquez fight him again as I feel he has actually improved since they last fought.

The problem now is who is next ? If Pac comes through which he should, id still like to see that.
I wouldnt mind seeing Marquez fight him again as I feel he has actually improved since they last fought.

Whom has improved?

Pacman is lucky that his record against Marquez isn't even worse, in my opinion.

But you're right. I saw this as Mayweather's last big challenger. He has I think 4 more fights under contract, and I don't know what else there is for him to do? I'd like to see something worked out with Andre Ward (who looks very impressive) or maybe Sergio Martinez, as the most interesting potential challengers.

Having said that, Mayweather can go 50-0, but I'll always be a believer of Sugar Ray Robinson being the best boxer of all-time. Floyd is hands down the best since....Roy Jones in his prime or Iron Mike in his prime p4p. He's a different style but that's where it starts to get murky for me. But in his lighter weights he's one of the best all-time.

Regardless, Floyd has planted a lot of guys on their asses for not having what is considered "knockout power". And he's never even been knocked down.

From a technical standpoint, since boxing is the art "hitting without getting hit", he is one of the best all-time.

Floyd's got power no doubt.

Ofcourse you can compare Mayweateher to Ali. Mayweather is one of the best fighters of all time already and when he retires probably 50-0 with no knock downs, it would be hard to not call him the very best.

I thought this was a risky one for Mayweather but again, he was dominant. He makes very good boxers look ordinary and sometimes embarrassing in the way he makes them miss.

Infact its quite freakish for his age!

You can compare them but its stupid to do so. Ali would knock Floyd the frak out. Ali is the greatest fighter of all-time I don't think there is a question to that. Floyd's not even better than one of the best modern fighters in Roy Jones Jr.

Yup it would be MUCH better watching Mayweather or Canelo kicking each other in the face, like REAL men...:monkey3

Goonies-corey-feldman-23455643-494-204.gif

Whom has improved?

Pacman is lucky that his record against Marquez isn't even worse, in my opinion.

But you're right. I saw this as Mayweather's last big challenger. He has I think 4 more fights under contract, and I don't know what else there is for him to do? I'd like to see something worked out with Andre Ward (who looks very impressive) or maybe Sergio Martinez, as the most interesting potential challengers.

Having said that, Mayweather can go 50-0, but I'll always be a believer of Sugar Ray Robinson being the best boxer of all-time. Floyd is hands down the best since....Roy Jones in his prime or Iron Mike in his prime p4p. He's a different style but that's where it starts to get murky for me. But in his lighter weights he's one of the best all-time.
Marquez has improved for me since he last fought floyd and if he can get past Bradley, which wont be easy, he maybe deserves a re match.
Id like to see the ward fight happen. Very tidy boxer. I agree Jones was so exciting and there's not much you can say about Tyson other than legend but unlike those, floyd has arguably maintained a more consistent level at multiple weight classes over a longer period of time.

Agreed with Marquez aswell. Should have got more against Pac but what a way to close the chapter.

Floyd's got power no doubt.

You can compare them but its stupid to do so. Ali would knock Floyd the frak out. Ali is the greatest fighter of all-time I don't think there is a question to that. Floyd's not even better than one of the best modern fighters in Roy Jones Jr.

You couldnt put them in the ring because of there difference in weight but in terms of what they have achieved whilst boxing once Floyd retires, he may well go down as the greatest.
To have 50 pro fights and possibly never touch down is quite outstanding.

You couldnt put them in the ring because of there difference in weight but in terms of what they have achieved whilst boxing once Floyd retires, he may well go down as the greatest.

50-0 is impressive but I think most boxing fans would take what Ali did over that. Ali may not have gone 50-0 but I think the quality of fighters he did go up against was much better. In the end its all subjective like anything else when comparing sports.

Yup it would be MUCH better watching Mayweather or Canelo kicking each other in the face, like REAL men...:monkey3

I'm curious to know what your implying

Times have changed a lot when defining a fighter. As a Boxer, maybe a great of all time, but since MMA has been taking a ton of prospects in the fighting world, boxing has died and become boring and irrelevant, which hurts Floyds prestige as a great fighter.

I don't pay enough attention to boxing, but if he hand picks opponents like some say, it's no different than when Fedor in MMA was unbeaten for a crazy long time. If your not fighting the best available all the time, it doesn't mean as much.

Times have changed a lot when defining a fighter. As a Boxer, maybe a great of all time, but since MMA has been taking a ton of prospects in the fighting world, boxing has died and become boring and irrelevant, which hurts Floyds prestige as a great fighter.

I don't pay enough attention to boxing, but if he hand picks opponents like some say, it's no different than when Fedor in MMA was unbeaten for a crazy long time. If your not fighting the best available all the time, it doesn't mean as much.

He may well do but other than pac, he has fought just about everyone there is to fight and won them all.
He has made great champions look ordinary.
I actually would love to see him get dropped. I dont really like how he goes about things, bad mouthing his oppenents but as a boxer, he is an incredibly talented one.

MMA has hurt Boxing but I think that is because Boxing was slow to react to what MMA was doing. I personally think MMA is a bit overrated but I know that puts me in the minority but at the same time there aren't nearly that many interesting boxers anymore. So its a wash I guess for someone like me.

Mayweather hand picks his opponents and even admits it.

ALL boxers hand pick their opponents. :lol

Boxers are free agents that have to agree to fights. Fighters might sign to fight for certain promotions/TV channels but those contracts only dictate where the matches will be aired (Showtime, HBO, etc.) and who will handle the promotion (Goldenboy, Don King, Bob Arum, etc.) not who a boxer will fight.

Every single match up in boxing history was and IS a "hand picked" fight. :lol

Mayweather loses all creditbilty by hanging out with Beiber.

That's was my attempt at dissing mma, I realize that's not popular to do, but I prefer pure sports, boxing, Olympic wrestling, karate, judo vs the mishmash that is mms, just my opinion, I had a few beers when I posted that:lol

Back