Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

So...
New+CR2.jpg

I'm not sure if someone said this already, but is that a hair piece next to the kryptonite necklace?

Yeah...it is. But I'm not sure if it's supposed to be the hair piece that Superman pulls off of Lex Luthor's head at the end of the movie...or the one for Clark Kent? Matty hasn't explained it as far as I know. Maybe someone that regularly posts in the Matty Collector forums knows for sure. :dunno Anyone?

The Superman looks...better. The body looks much better. It looks like to me, that Matty made a big improvement in the body over the first pictures we saw of the first body. That one made Reeve look really wimpy to me. I don't like the height of the boots. They're still nearly knee-high. They need to be a little bit shorter. But, I'll still end up buying this figure, and replacing the head sculpt with sunohc's better Reeve Superman head sculpt. :)

Re- 'replacing the head sculpt with sunohc's better Reeve Superman head sculpt'.......
Thought about this too, but the scale may be slightly off. The scale of the Mattel zod head is slightly lager than Sunhocs. That suggests the Superman one will be too.
My sunhoc head is currently on a modified truetype and works well. I'll be buying this to repaint if anything, I think there's a better sculpt under there than first appears.

Well, then I'll buy Mattel's Superman for the outfit, and move it to a better HT TrueType and then put sunohc's head sculpt on the TT body. :)

I am really excited about this figure. Unless Hot Toys announces a version before thins one comes out, I definitely plan on picking up the Mattel version. It isn't perfect, but it looks to be pretty well done. It will be nice to buy a 1/6th scale figure for less than $100. It doesn't seem to happen all that often these days. How much did Mattel charge for Zod?

Mattel charged $60.00 for Zod, just like they do for each of the four 12" Ghostbusters. The sales window on these are so slim, you pretty much have to order it quickly the first few days they're for sale. I really wanted Zod, but missed him. I was too late. Now I have to find him somewhere. I thought it was a little weird that they started the Superman movie 12" line with him, instead of Superman. :dunno I will be buying the Mattel Superman for sure. The card near it at SDCC this year says available "Holidays 2010". So at least we have an idea of a release date period for it. I get e-mails from Matty Collector, so once it gets close they put it in their newsletter.

Mattel charged $60.00 for Zod, just like they do for each of the four 12" Ghostbusters. The sales window on these are so slim, you pretty much have to order it quickly the first few days they're for sale. I really wanted Zod, but missed him. I was too late. Now I have to find him somewhere. I thought it was a little weird that they started the Superman movie 12" line with him, instead of Superman. :dunno I will be buying the Mattel Superman for sure. The card near it at SDCC this year says available "Holidays 2010". So at least we have an idea of a release date period for it. I get e-mails from Matty Collector, so once it gets close they put it in their newsletter.

i forgot where i read it, but mattel will be rereleasing zod when bother superman and lex come out.

i forgot where i read it, but mattel will be rereleasing zod when bother superman and lex come out.

SCHWEET! can't wait for lex and second chance Zod! I wish they'd release these in stores though. like each an exclusive to certain places i.e. TRU, Walmart, and Target. think hunting for a fig is half the fun. like I do with transformers :D

So I got the Comedian body and decided to do a test run using the Old "superman returns" costume. Once I get the Mattel Superman, I will switch out the uniform. I am still working the head. it is in wax form right now but I photoshopped some colors in. My plan is to cast the head in silicone and try to do some "Bobby" magic. :D
Again, this is just a test run of the "comedian" body. I hope Mattel releases their Superman soon.:impatient::impatient:
Picture223b.jpg

So I got the Comedian body and decided to do a test run using the Old "superman returns" costume. Once I get the Mattel Superman, I will switch out the uniform. I am still working the head. it is in wax form right now but I photoshopped some colors in. My plan is to cast the head in silicone and try to do some "Bobby" magic. :D
Again, this is just a test run of the "comedian" body. I hope Mattel releases their Superman soon.:impatient::impatient:
Picture223b.jpg

VERY NICE!!! :rock

I want to get the comedian body for a superman returns custom. i think that body would fit him right...

Yeah, that looks great! But Reeve's build was different than Jeffrey Dean Morgan's (the actor that played The Comedian in The Watchmen) build. Morgan was bulkier and actually...fatter than Reeve. Reeve was slimmer, and more fit. Hey, just saying what I think. But go for it with the Comedian body if that is what you want to do. I am loving your Reeve Superman head sculpt! I can't wait to see the finished product!

You may be right. I used a regular TT on Superman returns but the shoulders was a little wide. Then I used the narrow shoulders but it still doesn't look right. The Comedian body may be just the thing. I really hope HT puts this on a production run.

JediMike - you are probably right but HT's comedian body actually looks a little too slim for the figure. Other people have used the Redfield body to replace the Comedian body to get that bulk and girth you were referring to. Thanks for the compliment. :D

The reason for the red in Zod's costume is that, well, in the movie his costume did have the red "ribbon" material, and the boots were also red.

Not quite that metallic red color, but it was part of the original. They had the costume up for grabs on ebay a while back, and it was a lot "Brighter" than it looked in the movie. I think it's a combination of stage lighting and the material used. Sort of how Darth Vader's helmet is actually grey and black, and not entirely black.

I cannot wait for the new release for the Reeve figure. I am not a really huge fan of the "Steroid Jesus" pose, but it beats the bobblehead look of the original prototype.

Not quite sure what's up with the hair in the picture though. It's not looking much like Hackman's Luthor wig, so it might be a "Wet head" look for when Superman had the necklace on and was dumped into the pool.

Probably a very long shot, but I would love to see them come out with a "ice block" part to use as a diorama from the first film, and Lex's "tests" he ran once he called up the big blue boyscout. Fire, and a room full of machine guns might be kinda hard to pull off, but an ice block might work or at least be doable...

Yeah, that looks great! But Reeve's build was different than Jeffrey Dean Morgan's (the actor that played The Comedian in The Watchmen) build. Morgan was bulkier and actually...fatter than Reeve. Reeve was slimmer, and more fit. Hey, just saying what I think. But go for it with the Comedian body if that is what you want to do. I am loving your Reeve Superman head sculpt! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Yes, this:lecture. Actually Jeffrey Dean Morgan was bulked up with prosthetic arms & neck. That was rubber on his shoulders. He is much slighter in real life.

Yes, this:lecture. Actually Jeffrey Dean Morgan was bulked up with prosthetic arms & neck. That was rubber on his shoulders. He is much slighter in real life.

OH okay. :dunno It seemed like in The Watchmen he was pretty bulky. But I see that's from the makeup or prosthetics now.

I intend to use the Mattel Reeve ase the the "collective memory" Superman Singer refered to during production and marketing of SR.

The HT Supes will be my be all, end all Superman.

Back