Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

welcome maverick! and thanks for the insights man. im really looking forward to this mattel line. so far im liking the new supes.

Just saw this... I don't know what to say?!? Unexpected and very cool news, but why does he have red in his outfit?

IMG_2463.JPG

thats looks gay!

And like I said, HOW CAN WE NOT? Aside from that awful DC Direct statue, that laughable Cinemaquette & an old doll from Spain in 78, this is THE FIRST STM action figure line EVER.

Don't forget, while not the greatest line by any means, that Mego produced a Movie series of Supes, Zod and Lex.

Question for those that have the Zod figure. Is the head about the same size as a hot toys head sculpt? Meaning if I put one on, would it look proportional with the size of the body? I have one of sunohc's Superman sculpts so I'm wondering if it will look good on the new Superman that's coming out.

Don't forget, while not the greatest line by any means, that Mego produced a Movie series of Supes, Zod and Lex.

Yes, getting a complete set of those old 12" Megos was one of the first things I looked for when I first got into eBay. It's still unbelievable to me how the head sculpts were meant to look like the actors, & yet the costumes were straight from the classic comics.

BTW, I'm with Maverick 100% in supporting this new 12" Mattel line (as long as the re-issued Zod costume is color-corrected). ;-)

Last edited:

Thanks for that info, Maverick. My question is with these figures, do you buy them at a specific place? is there a raffle drawing to get one? I love this figure, and have hope in Mattel, after all I have the TRU Dark Knight 12" and love it.

Question for those that have the Zod figure. Is the head about the same size as a hot toys head sculpt? Meaning if I put one on, would it look proportional with the size of the body? I have one of sunohc's Superman sculpts so I'm wondering if it will look good on the new Superman that's coming out.

Here is my Zod that I transferred over to a Soldier Story body. I think the head would look fine on a Hot Toys body...

CustomsApril26053.jpg

CustomsApril26055.jpg

It also looks great on a Hot Toys TrueType body. Here is my Zod on a Saizo TrueType.
DSC01106.jpg

Is that extra hair and glasses I'm seeing? This the body still isn't the greatest, but it's a far sight better than the SkinnyMan Prototype.

I'm not really a fan of Superman, but they got the likeness pretty good for being Mattel, as well as the upper body buffness. (even if it is a bit exaggerated)
That is extra hair. Its his messy wet hair from when he was in the pool in the first superman movie. the chain of kryptonite was around his neck. remember Ms, Tessmacher had to save him.

yeah saizo body is great.

very nice bud! i have yet to pick this guy up :( I'd definitely repaint that sucker though. under that factory paint lies a great headsculpt. then have to figure out how to get rid of the red in the suit...all wishful thinking though right now

Back