Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

Anyone heard of a release date on this yet??

Has Matty posted that release date on their website? I hope they do release Superman before Christmas. It's on my "wish list"! :)

Yes, https://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2131094575/m/6471039346?r=4801064446#4801064446

Toyguru said:
Zod will go back on sale in December along with the 12" Chris Reeve Superman. No plans for Nod and Ursa right now, but only time will tell!

https://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News#ProductReveal102010

Matty said:
For December, though, we’re shaking things up by having our monthly sale on December 10th.

The newest issue of Toyfare includes an announcement of Matty's Hackman based Lex Luthor figure. Said figure wears a character appropriate suit and comes with 3 different hair-pieces(molded). No picture of him sans hair...PS

The newest issue of Toyfare includes an announcement of Matty's Hackman based Lex Luthor figure. Said figure wears a character appropriate suit and comes with 3 different hair-pieces(molded). No picture of him sans hair...PS

thanks for the update wax. just one question: does it have a good likeness to Hackman? sorry havent had the time to check toyfare lately.

Let me put it this way; it's recognizable as Hackman.I would put it on par with their Zod sculpt; recognizable, but soft...PS

Let me put it this way; it's recognizable as Hackman.I would put it on par with their Zod sculpt; recognizable, but soft...PS

A scan of the picture pretty please? Is the new Reeve with him also??

Don't have the magazine;sorry. The picture was just Hackman, full body, with 2 inserts of the extra"wigs". Just did a Google for the figure; no joy. I'll see if I can borrow the mag from it's owner...PS

I finally got to my LCS and bought a toyfare.
I like it. For the price, the likeness is good enough. A good paint job would make it better and taking out those honking big buttons.
Picture368.jpg

that's a pretty good likeness to Hackman. i might buy 2 for a custom Popeye Doyle.

It looks OK, but from what we've seen from them since Zod, and then the proto Superman from the same time, the quality and attention to detail seems to be slipping.
Although the Re-done Superman from Comic Con, was a vast improvement over the first.
Not sure about the hairpieces too, think I'll just keep him Bald!
But It'll be a nice piece to tweak at untill its right. Or Hot toys does one, but god knows how long we'll have to wait for that!
Intrestingly this is the first Gene Hackman sculpt I've ever seen in 1:6 or any other scale, there was a theory he wouldn't allow his likeness to be used, a bit like John Hurt, must have relented (or been given a nice big cheque) in his Old age....

Back