Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

Not a bad looking figure at all, but I'll just wait for HT's... someday.

This whole conversation about the Mattel figures already took place last weekend in the DX Reeve petition thread. :lol

It would be nice if they re-released Zod w/o the ridiculous red in his outfit.

This is a huge improvement over last year's prototype. I will definitely pick one of these up.:yess:

I'm wearing my contacts, and I had to put my face up to the screen to read it, so....... :lol

...you need a new prescription? :lol:pfft:

It would be nice if they re-released Zod w/o the ridiculous red in his outfit.

I think they will since, per the promo card, there's a re-release coming.

He will work till HT releases theirs.

Agreed. I don't expect this will be the ultimate 1/6 Christopher Reeve. Hot Toys is definitely blow Mattel's out of the water. I'm just excited to see an official Superman figure that actually looks like Chris Reeve!

Agreed. I don't expect this will be the ultimate 1/6 Christopher Reeve. Hot Toys is definitely blow Mattel's out of the water. I'm just excited to see an official Superman figure that actually looks like Chris Reeve!

Especially from a company like Mattel. Owww, the horrors.:horror

I'll definitely be buying it. If Hot Toys do one so much the better but meantime a bird in the hand...

not a big fan of Supes, but Reeve's Supes was too classic and awesome to pass.

What's wrong with the figure? Dudes of course it's not gonna be HT figure as it cost half a fraction. :dunno Given that the actual product looks like the prototype I think it will be a decent addition if you collect 12" Mattel DC Superheroes figures. In fact, I think Mattel did put quite a bit of effort seeing that the figure actually comes with cloth costumes and what not rather than an enlarged version of their existence 6" figures.

I am actually getting excited about this. The figure looks a bit more buff than I would have preferred but looks decent. I hope he is easier to obtain than other offerings on their website.

This will be the first none Sideshow/Medi/Hot Toys 12" figure i've bought in a long time.

I also don't see a Reeves Superman coming anytime soon (or my grails... Keaton Bats and Nicholson Joker) from Hot Toys so i'll be getting this if it's anything like the new proto.

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster here.

I'm Maverick, I run the first & oldest forum on the internet dedicated to Superman Movies.
fortressofsolitude.proboards.com
The site that our Forum is attached to is the one & only Superman Cinema, which was started in 1997. We're the guy's mentioned in Entertainment Weekly magazine because our petitions & such got the Donner Cut made. Unfortunately the Donner Cut ended up sucking because of a poor choice for an editor & the decision to reuse the same ending from the first movie, etc..... So, sorry about that :lol

Anyway, I have lurked your site for a few years now & you seem like a great bunch of guys. My salute to Buttmunch for keeping the DC section so great. I must admit that the reason that I hadn't signed up & posted before now is because before the place was moderated as well as it is now, the number of redundant threads made it impossible to find what you were looking for. It was frustrating to browse. On any given day, the DC area looked alot like this:

THE OFFICIAL HOT TOYS JOKER THREAD!

THE HOT TOYS JOKER's HAIR THREAD

THE HOT TOYS JOKERS VEST THREAD!

JOKERS SHOES! ANY THOUGHTS?

JOKER TOY FOR PRESIDENT?

SEX WITH YOUR JOKER TOY! TIPS?

THE OFFICIAL OFFICIAL THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL HOT TOYS OFFICIAL JOKER FIGURE!

COP JOKER PICS!

BANK ROBBER JOKER PICS!

JOKER MMS DX SERIES!

NURSE JOKER CUSTOMS!

POEMS ABOUT NURSE JOKER CUSTOMS!

But, its long since been tamed & Buttmunch does a supreme job keeping this place tidy now. You guys have some amazing photographers & figure posing experts on this place & I'm very happy to be here.

On the subject of the new Reeve figure from Mattel, these are my thoughts:

Hot Toys does appear to have the license to create a figure.
But Mattel, who has had a long & fruitful relationship with DC, had it first, & probably also has a clause that says that they get to sell their STM licensed products for a certain amount of time before Hot Toys can release theirs or even show photos of it.

Which is to my mind, completely fair.

Since the Mattel figure is scheduled for this Christmas, then we wont see the Hot Toys figure for AT LEAST a year or even more.

That said, I can promise anyone who buys this figure that they will not be disappointed. I bought the Zod last year as soon as it came out & it is incredible. The packaging alone is worth the price of admission.
The attention to detail is like something we fans would have come up with. His packaging is a diorama of the Oval Office, & his accessories are in a bookcase that slides out.
We can rest assured that Chris will have Fortress style packaging, & let us not forget that he is gonna come with a Fortress Panel & Green Crystal.

Furthermore, this is the FIRST EVER officially licensed Superman The Move action figure line! We should vote with our wallets fellas. Buying this lets our voices be heard that we want this kind of stuff. At $60 these are an absolute STEAL. I'd say they are only maybe 15% below the quality of a Hot Toy. And I can promise you this: Hot Toys will NOT be making an entire line. Theres just not enough people willing to pay $150 for the other characters in the series. However, Mattel plans to make quite a few characters from the film series. This is evidenced by the side of the Zod Packaging which starts the spelling of the big Superman font & his package only has the "S" & part of the "U" in "Superman", so, suffice to say, there will be a quite a few figures, at a VERY affordable $60.00, for great quality. We already know that GENE HACKMAN Lex is on the way.

At the rate of about a figure a year, this will be a VERY affordable line to complete.

Then when Hot Toys makes their Chris, we can buy it & we'll already have all the other characters from Mattel to go with him. They are all the same scale.

Its a win/win situation. Mattel has already shown us that they care about what we think. When they showed a pic of their first Reeve attempt, we were vocal about how awful it was. Mattel then spent a YEAR re-tooling it & the end result is SPECTACULAR!
Vote with your wallets fellas. This line aint gonna disappoint.

And like I said, HOW CAN WE NOT? Aside from that awful DC Direct statue, that laughable Cinemaquette & an old doll from Spain in 78, this is THE FIRST STM action figure line EVER.

Good Times :cool:

Oh & while I'm on the subject, gentlemen, its REEVE, not REEVES :wink1:

Back