Statue Superman Life Size 1:1 Bust from SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine showed up today too.

It's very nice! Two crummy iPhone pics. One compared to a half scale bust. The half scale might be a little less than half and this full scale might be a little more than full. I'm 6'3" with a big head and Clark's noggin is bigger than mine!

Mine was 396/1500.

I've got no place to display it right now, so he went back to the Fortress of Solitude which is right next to the Batcave where my 1:1 SSC Batman bust is stored.

One day in the future they'll be out on display together.

Which brings up a question: is it better to buy at the original price and store them, or put the money in a savings or investment fund and use that to but the statues later? Which would appreciate more? The fund or the statue?

I didn't see any smudges, specks, cracks or anything else on mine. I did find a dozen packets of desiccant in the plastic bag along with the bust.

I got the EX with Clark Kent portrait!:rotfl
b8ai.jpg

The base is beautiful...
n0w8.jpg

the bottom is pretty cool too with the phone booth...
sacw.jpg

Oh **** Clark kent ex!! :lol

Great pics thanks for posting.

Nice pics Tam. I think you are being a little too critical about the qc "issues". His eyes look fine. The paint on his ear can probably be rubbed off with an eraser. The spots on his left trap are disappointing, but not that bad.

I know he cost $700, but I don't think a "perfect" piece exists - regardless of the cost. Give it some time and see how others look. You can always return it if not 100% happy.

I disagree. For 700 bucks things should be pretty perfect. If your GF buys a $700 Gucci purse it is guaranteed to be perfect. Sideshow needs to stop laughing all the way to the bank and look over EACH piece before they are released. Hand-painted paint apps won't ever be perfect but a black smudge should be removed/repainted by them and spots on the neck that size are not tolerable at this price. I would exchange it for another. Why do other companies that are far less expensive have nicer paint jobs? Aside from the flaws, the overall piece looks nice.

I disagree. For 700 bucks things should be pretty perfect. If your GF buys a $700 Gucci purse it is guaranteed to be perfect. Sideshow needs to stop laughing all the way to the bank and look over EACH piece before they are released. Hand-painted paint apps won't ever be perfect but a black smudge should be removed/repainted by them and spots on the neck that size are not tolerable at this price. I would exchange it for another. Why do other companies that are far less expensive have nicer paint jobs? Aside from the flaws, the overall piece looks nice.

We will have to agree to disagree. Just remember that it can always be returned to Sideshow if you are not 100% happy. :peace

What company do you know sells Life Size Busts for far less than this and has no paint application problems?

What company do you know sells Life Size Busts for far less than this and has no paint application problems?

Pop Culture Shock busts are usually a $100 dollars or more cheaper on an average with light up features as well :) And if you order directly through them you save up to 15% off on EX's as well as regulars

Just saying

You read my mind jedisword the force is strong with you lol
Like to also add the acrylic eyes jerry is adding to his bust
Are amazing top notch and at a lower price point as well.

Pop Culture Shock busts are usually a $100 dollars or more cheaper on an average with light up features as well :) And if you order directly through them you save up to 15% off on EX's as well as regulars

Just saying

Oh Sure, if they actually ever come out it's great. And PopcultureShock has had it's paint app issues in the past. No company has a perfect record. People just expect it, and they'll be disappointed from time to time. It's the way it is.

You read my mind jedisword the force is strong with you lol
Like to also add the acrylic eyes jerry is adding to his bust
Are amazing top notch and at a lower price point as well.

Oh, you mean like the new Sideshow Joker bust. Seems like Arylic eyes is the new thing.

oh cool where is their Superman and Batman bust sir? I wish to purchase it.

BWahahahahaha Yeah right.

Oh yeah they do have that Sub Zero bust, not a fan personally. They couldn't manage even the most simple base for those subzero and scorpion busts?

Apart from that they're ok, not into MK or SF enough to warrant buying something. Interested to see how that Skele bust comes out tho.

Oh yeah they do have that Sub Zero bust, not a fan personally. They couldn't manage even the most simple base for those subzero and scorpion busts?

Apart from that they're ok, not into MK or SF enough to warrant buying something. Interested to see how that Skele bust comes out tho.

Oh Sure, if they actually ever come out it's great. And PopcultureShock has had it's paint app issues in the past. No company has a perfect record. People just expect it, and they'll be disappointed from time to time. It's the way it is.

Oh, you mean like the new Sideshow Joker bust. Seems like Arylic eyes is the new thing.

BWahahahahaha Yeah right.

Lol not into MK or SF myself but Im waiting for the MOTU 1/4 stuff. yeah probably wont get a LSB. Lol and Everyone will have QC issues and never be perfect and LOL to the person that commented about 700 dollar Gucci stuff - they have plenty of imperfections and "add to the character and originality" of their said products (I also have a GF friend) so that's not proving much. However I was speaking more on overall quality AND $$$$$$$ Dont think they'll ever get a DC license, but then again at the rate SS is taking maybe they might by the time WW is previewed in 2017!

On a positive note, Im totally with Bruce on the JOKER LSB, ****ing incredible and yes probably the best LSB SS ever made. Purely awesome and unlike the PF dont hate the face

Last edited:
Back