Statue Superman Life Size 1:1 Bust from SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rhino has been keeping my bats company for quite some time now, soon he will have to abandon his post.
Batcave.png

Last edited:
First off I have to start with... he is awesomely big! Kind of towers over Batman, which he should IMO. And for the most part he looks fantastic... HOWEVER as has become mandatory with Sideshow, there are a few quality issues... The eyes I can live with but are a little wide apart. There are what looks like large round freckles on his left trap, they look BAD! I don't know if it's a paint F' UP or oil spots but it aint right. And third, there is black paint on the tip of his left ear.

I mean what do I expect for a measly $700 these days?

It's a shame really what this company has become from where it was but thems the breaks I guess...

d40d.jpg

2rma.jpg

3rma.jpg

lmt7.jpg

p57k.jpg

here's some of the issues...
ear paint
auc7.jpg

spots on skin
8mnn.jpg

Thanks for the pics man. He looks good for the most part, however those freckles on his trap would bug the hell out of me. I say you should def. let sideshow know. Can you take some pics of his eyes

Those shoulder spots are definitely not cool.

Otherwise, looks great and when bonus time comes I may take the plunge for my first ever LSB...

He looks good & most of the issues are not noticeable from the zoomed out pics. It's really frustrating that issues like these keep repeating in piece after piece; it seems that they don't even bother to fix their damn QC issues or setting new low standards. I hope the day come when a real competitor come, maybe then they will start improving. Anyway, enough complaining, hope mine comes perfect. Can you please take a pic for sup & bat at the same level.

Thanks for the pics man. He looks good for the most part, however those freckles on his trap would bug the hell out of me. I say you should def. let sideshow know. Can you take some pics of his eyes

Here's the eye they look pretty good, I think the right iris could stand to be a little closer to the nose.

t5j4.jpg

He looks good & most of the issues are not noticeable from the zoomed out pics. It's really frustrating that issues like these keep repeating in piece after piece; it seems that they don't even bother to fix their damn QC issues or setting new low standards. I hope the day come when a real competitor come, maybe then they will start improving. Anyway, enough complaining, hope mine comes perfect. Can you please take a pic for sup & bat at the same level.

Agree with you 100%!!!

Here they are on the same level. Superman is much larger, as he should be, it's very cool. But actually that kind of worries me about the PFs, they have not shown them together and if you use the apple Superman is smaller than Batman.

dfqn.jpg

Nice pics Tam. I think you are being a little too critical about the qc "issues". His eyes look fine. The paint on his ear can probably be rubbed off with an eraser. The spots on his left trap are disappointing, but not that bad.

I know he cost $700, but I don't think a "perfect" piece exists - regardless of the cost. Give it some time and see how others look. You can always return it if not 100% happy.

Here's the eye they look pretty good, I think the right iris could stand to be a little closer to the nose.

t5j4.jpg

:hi5:They don't look all that bad, if it wasn't for the freckles I would say it is pretty damn close to the proto. Going to def. order him!

Nice pics Tam. I think you are being a little too critical about the qc "issues". His eyes look fine. The paint on his ear can probably be rubbed off with an eraser. The spots on his left trap are disappointing, but not that bad.

I know he cost $700, but I don't think a "perfect" piece exists - regardless of the cost. Give it some time and see how others look. You can always return it if not 100% happy.

I know, I can live with everything but the the neck spots, looks like the painter was eating some french fries and then dabbed his greasy fingers all over Supes neck!

Agree with you 100%!!!

Here they are on the same level. Superman is much larger, as he should be, it's very cool. But actually that kind of worries me about the PFs, they have not shown them together and if you use the apple Superman is smaller than Batman.

dfqn.jpg

Thanks! yup, it was obvious from the specs that he will be taller! Im fine as long as they are at the same scale :) it seems from the pic that the shoulder level is different right?

Yes, Superman actually sits up higher on the base and there is more of Supes chest sculpted than Bats. But believe me they look good together! It's almost too real!!!

Yes, Superman actually sits up higher on the base and there is more of Supes chest sculpted than Bats. But believe me they look good together! It's almost too real!!!

Cant freaking wait!

Amazing! Aside from the slight imperfections, overall he looks awesome. The Worlds Finest display is definitely epic! Thank you for sharing.

Back