Media-Movie Suicide Squad Hot Toys figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will drop big but it needs to hang on better in the next 3 weeks or so to rack up big numbers-

The problem here is that this first weekend doesn't say much about the movie's long-term prospects. The fans were going to show up no matter what the first weekend, just like they did for BvS--now we'll see what kind of effect all the bad reviews and supposed bad word of mouth (unlike most superhero movies, it's Cinemascore wasn't in the A-range) have starting next weekend. It did have a big Saturday drop--40%--which doesn't bode well.

I do think, however, that no matter what kind of box office Suicide Squad does, we are going to get a Harley Quinn movie at some point. Also we probably haven't seen the last of Will Smith's Deadshot.

The problem here is that this first weekend doesn't say much about the movie's long-term prospects. The fans were going to show up no matter what the first weekend, just like they did for BvS--now we'll see what kind of effect all the bad reviews and supposed bad word of mouth (unlike most superhero movies, it's Cinemascore wasn't in the A-range) have starting next weekend. It did have a big Saturday drop--40%--which doesn't bode well.

I do think, however, that no matter what kind of box office Suicide Squad does, we are going to get a Harley Quinn movie at some point. Also we probably haven't seen the last of Will Smith's Deadshot.

I don't understand how you think the first weekend 'doesn't say much'! As you say, fans were always going to turn out... but has Suicide Squad really got that many fans? I read the Ostrander run from the start, but it was always a cult hit, not really mainstream until recent years.

It will obviously have a drop-off, but I don't think the strong OW was simply down to the fans.

That's kinda the idea of a Suicide Squad :lol

Personally I loved every single character in the movie - I genuinely cannot think of an ensemble piece where I have loved every character... and the moment the credits rolled, I instantly wanted more of them.
If you're not a fan of the DCEU movies... darkness, storylines etc., if you're honest with yourselves I think you'd have to admit that they have nailed every character so far.
There's also the fact that a full HT Squad would look superb on the shelf.

I was being honest with myself.....I only want the big three. Zero interest in anyone else whether they captured the character or not is irrelevant for me. Their performances were forgettable so I didn't find an attachment to the characters. No need to have them on my shelves.

It will obviously have a drop-off, but I don't think the strong OW was simply down to the fans.

Agreed.

I highly doubt the big weekend opening was due to the comic fan base. I know several people who went and they knew nothing about the characters except for the Joker and a handful maybe knew about Harley.

I was being honest with myself.....I only want the big three. Zero interest in anyone else whether they captured the character or not is irrelevant for me. Their performances were forgettable so I didn't find an attachment to the characters. No need to have them on my shelves.

I have to agree with you. Regrettably, I found only Harley, Deadshot and the Joker the only interesting characters. The rest of the team seemed one note and I just couldn't get over that ridiculous " I need to go to the bathroom dance" the Enchantress was doing in that pseudo Ghostbusters scene. If HT makes more team members then cool for those who do like them.

Agreed.

I highly doubt the big weekend opening was due to the comic fan base. I know several people who went and they knew nothing about the characters except for the Joker and a handful maybe knew about Harley.

Yep - I spoke to afew people in work yesterday. Most could be considered 'non-nerds' and they all went to see it over the weekend. This movie has the general audiences attention. :clap

I can't help but post this again. Best scene in the movie (for me)

MrJ.JPG

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI3IrOTg065/

Yep - I spoke to afew people in work yesterday. Most could be considered 'non-nerds' and they all went to see it over the weekend. This movie has the general audiences attention. :clap

Yeah, non-nerds definitely gave this movie a lot of attention over the weekend. Some coworkers who haven't see it yet, and who aren't comic fans, want to see it this coming weekend.

:D :yess:

Oh well you can't please everybody – but out of the actual Squad I don't think ANYBODY was forgettable at all... the opposite I found true, it was the real highlight of the movie.

Back