Media-Movie Suicide Squad Hot Toys figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, being all kissy face to harley is very comic book... give me a break. If harley had been in the dark knight at all, ledger would have given her a brian scene and have been done with it. nothing this joker has done on screen so far has been truer to comic books. Im willing to give it another shot if he is in the new batman movie, but who knows whats happening with that.

Look this is all personal opinion - and I get that some people will absolutely not see past Ledger's performance... in the same way that some people will never see past Christopher Reeve as Superman sadly.
However to say Joker and Harley being 'kissy face' is not very comic, is a comment I can only assume comes from somebody who hasn't read many comics! Harley, relatively speaking, is a new character - but I could be here all day posting comic panels of Harley and Joker being 'kissy face'... equally you could post pictures of him punching her. Consider that, when you think that for the love he showed her in SS, he left her for dead in the car plunge.
As for being true to the comic book - when trying to save his 'love' Harley, the Joker did this by spraying a rooftop - the very rooftop she was on - with bullets... from a helicopter!!! He shot a man for coming on to Harley... even though he'd created the situation... chaotic and random acts, with no thought to consequence... not forgetting he has killed Robin too!!! Compared to Ledger, who blew up a hospital - after giving enough advanced warning to have it evacuated... along with the City. Planted bombs on ferries but giving the people on it the option of blowing it up.
Like I have said before, I loved Ledger's performance, but his Joker was calculated whereas Leto's was random and chaotic... I know which one describes Mr. J to me... and again, purely my opinion guys!

Look this is all personal opinion - and I get that some people will absolutely not see past Ledger's performance... in the same way that some people will never see past Christopher Reeve as Superman sadly.
However to say Joker and Harley being 'kissy face' is not very comic, is a comment I can only assume comes from somebody who hasn't read many comics! Harley, relatively speaking, is a new character - but I could be here all day posting comic panels of Harley and Joker being 'kissy face'... equally you could post pictures of him punching her. Consider that, when you think that for the love he showed her in SS, he left her for dead in the car plunge.
As for being true to the comic book - when trying to save his 'love' Harley, the Joker did this by spraying a rooftop - the very rooftop she was on - with bullets... from a helicopter!!! He shot a man for coming on to Harley... even though he'd created the situation... chaotic and random acts, with no thought to consequence... not forgetting he has killed Robin too!!! Compared to Ledger, who blew up a hospital - after giving enough advanced warning to have it evacuated... along with the City. Planted bombs on ferries but giving the people on it the option of blowing it up.
Like I have said before, I loved Ledger's performance, but his Joker was calculated whereas Leto's was random and chaotic... I know which one describes Mr. J to me... and again, purely my opinion guys!
Agree and that is why I like both Ledger and Leto Joker's.

this is all personal opinion... yet i guess i dont read many comics now lmao. love those arguments.

this also has nothing to do with not being able to see past ledgers performance or any other actors performance of a character. Im a huge bale fan and i liked him a lot as batman, i would also be the first one to tell you that affleck was pretty damn good, especially since i didnt care for him being cast as batman. this jokers performance didnt do anything for me, it wasnt bad it just wasnt anything special from what little we saw of him so far. thats not to say if given another chance in another movie, my mind wouldnt change. it very well could. as it stands and from people ive talked to and read online, it wasnt anything special.

no one can deny ledgers performance. you can try and pick away at it by saying it was calculated or not like the comics or whatever else you want but the fact remains, it was a phenomenal performance that will be remembered and will go down in history. this jokers performance will most likely be forgotten in a few months and then maybe picked back up if given the opportunity in another film (assuming its better also).

this is all personal opinion... yet i guess i dont ready many comics now lmao. love those arguments.

this also has nothing to do with not being able to see past ledgers performance or any other actors performance of a character. Im a huge bale fan and i liked him a lot as batman, i would also be the first one to tell you that affleck was pretty damn good, especially since i didnt care for him being cast as batman. this jokers performance didnt do anything for me, it wasnt bad it just wasnt anything special from what little we saw of him so far. thats not to say if given another chance in another movie, my mind wouldnt change. it very well could. as it stands and from people ive talked to and read online, it wasnt anything special.

no one can deny ledgers performance. you can try and pick away at it by saying it was calculated or not like the comics or whatever else you want but the fact remains, it was a phenomenal performance that will be remembered and will go down in history. this jokers performance will most likely be forgotten in a few months and then maybe picked back up if given the opportunity in another film (assuming its better also).

Yeah. Ledger casts a long shadow. Ledger didn't just portray the Joker, he defined him.

I would buy an Amanda Waller over a majority of the characters left. Honestly of the Squad itself Killer Croc and possibly a Boomerang to go with the eventual Flash figure are the ones I'd want.

K, so I really, really want a Harley with her mouth closed, and I wouldn't say no to her in the gold "gown" from her origin. IT MUST COME WITH A KNIFE AND GUN THOUGH :). I freaking loved Harley in this movie so much.

I'd also want a "dark" Enchantress, although the full body pain operations, rooted hair, possibly rubber body, and the fact her outfit is basically chains with a metal bikini and some added metal discs makes me think it would be a horrendously expensive undertaking. Maybe if they made a double pack, with an easy to do character, like Waller or June Moone in suit... so a high price would be more enticing...

Katana would be fantastic, Joker I'm still on the fence about. Although why they made so many versions and released them all at once is beyond me. Pretty meh about Deadshot. Only other one I'd be way too stoked about would be Diablo.

Any body know how these are up for order on Ebay already?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-17-19-37-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-08-17-19-37-41.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 173
I'm happy I cancelled my PO's on these statues. They look really bad :lol Harley and maybe Katana and Croc are the only passable ones. Boomerang looks ****ing awful :monkey4

They look good to me--maybe not quite Hot Toys quality but close, and they have the advantage of giving the characters more dynamic poses and giving Harley the kind of curves that an action figure just can't manage. Also no visible joints and no awkward open-mouth expression for Harley. (I don't object to figures having an expression on their faces--in fact I welcome it--but man, Harley's mouth is open *wide* on the Hot Toys version.)

I'm still thinking about grabbing the Harley statue from this line. With her makeup she won't have the same problem other statues have standing next to Hot Toys, where the ultra-realistic skin tone of the Hot Toys figure makes the statue's face look too artificial.

I'm happy I cancelled my PO's on these statues. They look really bad :lol Harley and maybe Katana and Croc are the only passable ones. Boomerang looks ****ing awful :monkey4

They are significantly worse than the prototypes shown and not worth anyone's money.

Is there any chance that there will be new figures shown at that upcoming Hot Toys Batman event in September?

J&H.JPG

A hint they still have confidence in the line? Let's see if they launch new figures at the upcoming Batman event.

Back