Media-Movie Suicide Squad Hot Toys figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep - pure insanity.

That scene bumped Leto up in my Joker rating board. I liked how Jonny Frost maintained a stoic expression the whole time, but Joker was laughing like mad and having fun. :lol

Still crossing my figures for Hot Toys to make a tuxedo Joker with a laughing headsculpt and shiny machine gun. :pray:

That's what put Leto ahead of Ledger in my book – Ledger's Joker was calculated, his plan was meticulous... but Leto's Joker was insane... dangerously so!

He didn't do anything though... He was barely in the movie and spent all his time trying to get Harley (which is out of character in and of itself). Either way its a bad comparison, but if one is absolutely necessary, ledger no contest.

New group photo guys!

Attachments

• 28898823686_be8cbd6a74_b.jpg
    28898823686_be8cbd6a74_b.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 98
New group photo guys!
wow!! i have harley,deadshot and purple coat joker on pre order so far, im def in for the silver jacket mr j ,the imposter joker and im on the fence about the rebreather batman ,not sure if he is worth it since i will get the regular one from bvs.

He didn't do anything though... He was barely in the movie and spent all his time trying to get Harley (which is out of character in and of itself). Either way its a bad comparison, but if one is absolutely necessary, ledger no contest.

Look at it this way - in TDK the mob bosses are not scared of him - Gambol was ready to kill him at the meet, his man got suckered by the Joker's pencil trick, but it's pretty much a coat full of hand grenades that stop him from being killed.
In SS, when the Joker walks in to Griggs, the gang members already there are clearly scared of him, and it is made clear throughout that he's erratic, psychotic and dangerous to be around... ask Monster T, or as has been mentioned, Harley - the rooftop rescue was manic that she could have been shot along with everyone else.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ledger's performance in TDK, but his performance wasn't 'truly' Joker, in the same way that Tom Hardy's Bane wasn't actually Bane - they are re-imaginings in the Nolanverse, whereas I thought Leto's SS Joker was comic-book all the way.

okay so this joker got his teeth punched out and gets a "damaged" tattoo to say to batman... my face was beautiful, and now you've destroyed it!

It's the most cringe-worthy **** I've ever heard. and sadly it's a real explanation given by Ayer.

please, just don't tell us any more origin stories. Christ.

6.9 imdb now, still dropping. :panic:

Last edited:
Look at it this way - in TDK the mob bosses are not scared of him - Gambol was ready to kill him at the meet, his man got suckered by the Joker's pencil trick, but it's pretty much a coat full of hand grenades that stop him from being killed.
In SS, when the Joker walks in to Griggs, the gang members already there are clearly scared of him, and it is made clear throughout that he's erratic, psychotic and dangerous to be around... ask Monster T, or as has been mentioned, Harley - the rooftop rescue was manic that she could have been shot along with everyone else.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ledger's performance in TDK, but his performance wasn't 'truly' Joker, in the same way that Tom Hardy's Bane wasn't actually Bane - they are re-imaginings in the Nolanverse, whereas I thought Leto's SS Joker was comic-book all the way.

Ledger's Joker was just appearing in public for the first time. The mobsters had never met him before. Leto's Joker has probably been around more than a decade in this new DC movie continuity.

Ledger's Joker was just appearing in public for the first time. The mobsters had never met him before. Leto's Joker has probably been around more than a decade in this new DC movie continuity.

exactly, i was getting worried no one had actually watched the dark knight.

Yeah, being all kissy face to harley is very comic book... give me a break. If harley had been in the dark knight at all, ledger would have given her a brian scene and have been done with it. nothing this joker has done on screen so far has been truer to comic books. Im willing to give it another shot if he is in the new batman movie, but who knows whats happening with that.

So far this line up is incredibly sad looking.
Two Batmen, one of which is the same thing already announcent and the other is some crappy f'd up artistic mind****ery.
Six Joker related figures, two of which are faceless thugs.
And only one original character, even tho he's made only because it's Will Smith.
Very sad...

Two Batmen, one of which is the same thing already announcent and the other is some crappy f'd up artistic mind****ery.
And only one original character, even tho he's made only because it's Will Smith.
Very sad...

I agree :( They should at least make two more of the actual squad members.

Very sad...
Yup hopefully at the con this weekend or that batman event they announce more figures.

Back