1/6 Suicide Squad - 1/6th scale The Joker (Arkham Asylum Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of wish I would have waited to order this. The bad thing if I cancel is I'll lose Rewards Points I used towards it. Really don't like the Leto Joker much at all and while I like the outfit I don't really need the figure. Might be the first time I sell a figure.

Kind of wish I would have waited to order this. The bad thing if I cancel is I'll lose Rewards Points I used towards it. Really don't like the Leto Joker much at all and while I like the outfit I don't really need the figure. Might be the first time I sell a figure.

With the Leto Joker being such a polarizing character with several versions on the way it seems unlikely that this will sell out too soon as well in spite of its "exclusive" status so you will probably have to sell for quite a bit less than retail and take a loss unless in hand pictures of the figure really impress people and drive them to buy this figure in spite of some general ambivalence towards the character.

I think once he gets more screen time to himself he'll be more popular. When I first watched it I thought it was a bit jarring seeing such a different take, but I soon really loved it. I especially loved the Quinzel and Joker Asylum scene, I really wish either they had that bit longer, especially the bit where he starts his weird laugh, or cut it to have it in another film with more to it.

I think he's got the making of a really great Joker, he's just really different. They tried to flesh him out clearly, but then seemingly just tacked him on in the film which I think adds a lot to people not warming to him.

If you like the look at least of him you may as well keep him.

I think what it comes down to is how you collect. Example, I am not the worlds biggest Batman fan. Granted I'm no slouch when it comes to Bat-fandom but my heart lies with more Marvel characters. With that being said, my first Hot Toy was 89 Batman from my LCS that I was working at for extra cash, picked him up with credit and 30% off, took him home and fell in love. Immediately I decided I needed Nicholson as a counter part. Then I said I was done with HT's due to the price... obviously not the case. Then I saw Ledger 2.0, needed it, PO'd, got toy anxiety and decided I needed Bale Bat as well. With that it started a trend of having a Joker for every Batman. Now, fast forward to modern day. From day one I was on board with Battfleck and knew if they made an HT I was getting him. Then I saw Leto Joker and nearly puked, but I knew deep down in my toy addicted brain that if I was going to get a Batman I needed the Joker, that is IF HT makes both of them. Which they did, I PO'd Batman the second I saw the revised body then after I saw Squad and they announced Joker I had to figure which one I needed to get. It was a hard choice to be honest but after I broke it down and figured that this AA version is the most pure representation of the classic character it was the one to go with. The fact it says ARKHAM down his pants help as well. When I get these in I plan on not using the stands and instead having Batman holding Joker up against the sidewall of my Detolf by his straightjacket collar and winding up a fist with his other arm. When it comes down to it, I don't mind Leto's performance, I think he did a decent comic/animated representation. I just don't like most the things he wore in the movie. Anyway, my two cents.

...When I get these in I plan on not using the stands and instead having Batman holding Joker up against the sidewall of my Detolf by his straightjacket collar and winding up a fist with his other arm. When it comes down to it, I don't mind Leto's performance, I think he did a decent comic/animated representation. I just don't like most the things he wore in the movie. Anyway, my two cents.

Nice! I'm working on a similar scene with Bats holding up Joker by the straight jacket collar and am building out a little Arkham Asylum interrogation cell diorama right now for my detolf. I'm also halfway done with a Dr. Qunizel kitbash I'm throwing together. Just need to get a second chair off eBay once these start shipping.

I was sure I wasn't going to like Leto's Joker but after seeing SS I feel in love. It's a TOTALLY new take but to me hes a psychopathic, literally insane mob boss. Gotham was run by the mob so to me, the Joker mirroring a crime boss completely works. He's just ****ing nutty and and will shoot you or laugh at you for no reason at the drop of a hammer.

Its too bad none of the other squad members are getting figures. Enchantress would look so nice in 1.6 form as wohld Killer Kroc.

I think what it comes down to is how you collect. Example, I am not the worlds biggest Batman fan. Granted I'm no slouch when it comes to Bat-fandom but my heart lies with more Marvel characters. With that being said, my first Hot Toy was 89 Batman from my LCS that I was working at for extra cash, picked him up with credit and 30% off, took him home and fell in love. Immediately I decided I needed Nicholson as a counter part. Then I said I was done with HT's due to the price... obviously not the case. Then I saw Ledger 2.0, needed it, PO'd, got toy anxiety and decided I needed Bale Bat as well. With that it started a trend of having a Joker for every Batman. Now, fast forward to modern day. From day one I was on board with Battfleck and knew if they made an HT I was getting him. Then I saw Leto Joker and nearly puked, but I knew deep down in my toy addicted brain that if I was going to get a Batman I needed the Joker, that is IF HT makes both of them. Which they did, I PO'd Batman the second I saw the revised body then after I saw Squad and they announced Joker I had to figure which one I needed to get. It was a hard choice to be honest but after I broke it down and figured that this AA version is the most pure representation of the classic character it was the one to go with. The fact it says ARKHAM down his pants help as well. When I get these in I plan on not using the stands and instead having Batman holding Joker up against the sidewall of my Detolf by his straightjacket collar and winding up a fist with his other arm. When it comes down to it, I don't mind Leto's performance, I think he did a decent comic/animated representation. I just don't like most the things he wore in the movie. Anyway, my two cents.
Yeah, I let myself get caught up in the hype of it being an exclusive and that I thought since I wanted an Affleck Batman (which is also pre-ordered) that I should have a Joker to pair with him. I like the straight jacket and prison pants look of the figure but don't like the tattoos or grill and generally I didn't care for Leto's performance. I might just end up popping off the Leto sculpt and using a spare Ledger sculpt for the figure.

I still think this is the best looking version of the Leto Joker.

I heard this got delayed to end of october at secret base. I preordered this from Hong Kong and that is what it looks like.

New photo from cicf 2016. Stay motivated guys

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1475156929075.jpg
    FB_IMG_1475156929075.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 212
Is there any reason that Hot Toys keeps delaying all their figures. I know that most of the time they get delayed a month or so but this is getting ridiculous. Look at the Batman (BvS), Deadpool, Cpt. America, Wonder Woman, Drax...

I can't wait for this figure. I also can't wait for Ayres' director's cut if they release it. Really excited to see the darker version of this film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back