1/6 Suicide Squad - 1/6th scale The Joker (Arkham Asylum Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine! For some reason I had to pay in cash in advance for UK import taxes and duty, I didn't with the Batman I ordered from sideshow, I got an invoice for that a week later, so not sure why. Didn't have any cash on me so asked the UPS driver where his next location was and has to race him Ferris Bueller style all the way 15 minutes down the road to the cash machine and then to his next location, made it!

As I was running up the road he was pulling out of a court to go back up the road and he looked at me and gave the thumbs up and a laugh, pretty funny.

Just opened it up, sorry, I have no camera good enough to take pictures of it so will just do a written first impressions review.

Now out of the 12 Hot Toys I own from the two and a bit years I've collected (not including the Amazing Spiderman I had to return due to damage unfortunately), I can say without any doubt that this is the best sculpted head and paint app out of any of them. The level of detail is insane, and I really can't wait to get the tuxedo Joker as a result - I think it really has retained its intense look from the promo pics and the paint app is simply incredible in portraying Leto's Joker. It really is a 1/6 Jared Leto, and you can tell that the price point you are paying for this item being so bare bones is the attention to detail on the face sculpt and paint app - in my opinion, it's worth it.

Normally I think Hot Toys drop the ball on materials choice and tailoring when compared to the sculpt of a figure, but I can't say that with this - even the clothing is exceptional, perfect weathering effects and believable materials choice - even down to the arkham on the trousers being worn - this is Jared Leto's Joker pulled right from the scene in Suicide Squad, with exception to the dullness of his hair, however I like the hair being this dull. Speaking of which, the different pigments of green in his hair is astounding, everything on the sculpt just goes to show that your money's worth is right there.

Now for me, I had no delusions about extras, I wanted this figure to represent that scene and expected nothing more, was expecting no other display options, I wanted him for that scene and representation. Now if you accept the price point has been factored into the paint app and sculpt and attention to detail in the clothing (I've realised that I didn't mention the feet, in hand his cankles are fine, the feet are supremely well done and the paint app is very similar to his face), and you weren't expecting anything else than what was shown in the promo pics, you'll absolutely love this piece.

I imagine it is similar to the Tuxedo Joker, if you hate his design, the piece is done just so bloody well that it almost doesn't matter. For me, I really liked his design, I think it's believable to the world that he's set in and with his backstory to the Batman, which I hope they expand on, find it an interesting take between his and Batman's relationship.

If you have cold feet about the figure I'd say go for it, you're not overpaying, you're paying for exactly what you should expect from this figure that wasn't intended to be displayed shirtless, and you're paying for in my opinion the finest detailed sculpt that Hot Toys has released. And rightly so, to represent the character and facial expression they chose, they made the right call to focus on these details which are exceptional considering they're mass produced items rather than giving display options that most people would not use. And I get the argument of having his tattoos on him, but honestly, this was presented as this version without the other tattoos visible, it is a shame it doesn't have them - but I'm happy that they made every aspect of the figure high quality, and to be honest I think the chair is a great accessory also, I don't think this figure needs anything more - I'm not sure if I'd get the purple coat Joker as I'm getting the Tuxedo one also, so it's a shame I'll have both looking sculpts and not a laughing one , but I think if you miss this version and you enjoy Leto's Joker you really are missing out.

Not to mention if the solo Batman film is an Arkham Joker and Batman you'll be kicking yourselves for not grabbing this earlier.

I have to say also, this Joker just looks bloody perfect next to Affleck's Batman, really really great looking pair.

I was one of the haters at first but now I'm glad I took the plunge.

IMG_4007.JPG

There's no bend as it's actually the cover to the box also, it's really well done, I'm glad they did it, but if you fold or bend it you'll be destroying part of the outer box.

Got this figure back out again since yesterday to have a proper look and pose it and honestly, I'd say this is my choice for figure of 2016. Just the presence it has is massive, I'm tempted to get the purple coat Joker now as I'm so impressed with how Hot Toys have handled the Joker, Tuxedo version is a no brainer for me, but I was going to pass on the purple coat as I don't care for the body tattoo display option and was hoping to hold out for the Joker being a main villain (hopefully in the solo Batman film), but I'm tempted to sell off a figure to be able to get it.

There's definitely no other Hot Toy in my collection that comes close to the intensity of this sculpt, and the figure just looks next level incredible standing or sitting. Like I said before, I actually like the look of the new Joker, and appreciate how his backstory has driven that look (and really hope it's actually shown), and having a representation of that in 1/6th to this detail, the look just works. Definitely the glisten and shine from his grills and eyes bring a new dimension and life into the figure.

I will stop gushing about it now. However, I went from extremely looking forward to this figure, to seeing the early in hand pictures and being incredibly disappointed, to getting it and absolutely loving it.

There's no bend as it's actually the cover to the box also, it's really well done, I'm glad they did it, but if you fold or bend it you'll be destroying part of the outer box.

Got this figure back out again since yesterday to have a proper look and pose it and honestly, I'd say this is my choice for figure of 2016. Just the presence it has is massive, I'm tempted to get the purple coat Joker now as I'm so impressed with how Hot Toys have handled the Joker, Tuxedo version is a no brainer for me, but I was going to pass on the purple coat as I don't care for the body tattoo display option and was hoping to hold out for the Joker being a main villain (hopefully in the solo Batman film), but I'm tempted to sell off a figure to be able to get it.

There's definitely no other Hot Toy in my collection that comes close to the intensity of this sculpt, and the figure just looks next level incredible standing or sitting. Like I said before, I actually like the look of the new Joker, and appreciate how his backstory has driven that look (and really hope it's actually shown), and having a representation of that in 1/6th to this detail, the look just works. Definitely the glisten and shine from his grills and eyes bring a new dimension and life into the figure.

I will stop gushing about it now. However, I went from extremely looking forward to this figure, to seeing the early in hand pictures and being incredibly disappointed, to getting it and absolutely loving it.
Thanks for the info. Can't wait to get mine glad to see so many positive reviews.

fits in mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understand is that this diorama fits in a detolf as the DX11 diorama did but the backgrounds that come with other SS figures e.g. the tuxedo Joker and Harley are too tall for a detolf.

Taht backdrop is in my detolf.

fits in mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understand is that this diorama fits in a detolf as the DX11 diorama did but the backgrounds that come with other SS figures e.g. the tuxedo Joker and Harley are too tall for a detolf.

That's sounds good considering he doesn't come with much it would suck not being able to use it. Ya but at least it comes with a bend to put under the base to fit.

Already noticing tears along the edges of the box ala DX11-12.

image3.JPG

And then on the other side as well. Top and bottom.

Last edited:
My box came damaged but I'm not really big on packaging. I threw the backdrop in one of the detolfs and there it will stay. I could definitely see why it would be aggravating, though.

Yeah not really a biggie in itself but considering it's part of the accessories..

Not to mention it could tear all the way through as it did on mine in a small spot near the bottom.

Liked it better when it was separate.

Just opened this bad boy. All I can say is WOW! Unfortunatly the diorama cardboard base will not fit in my Detolf, the actual base makes up for that. This figure is stunningly accurate. I wasn't going to go after every figure from Suicide Squad, but after unboxing this, I'm all in. Don't hesitate on this guy.

Finally got my first Suicide Squad figure. He's amazing!!! really life-like sculpt. doesn't come with a lot, but this version doesn't need much. looks exactly like Jared Leto to me. beautifully done :)

16999247_10209991666680559_8307305708468356314_n.jpg17022376_10209991666360551_631526320372682796_n.jpg

Back