Subject 57 Image thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pix everyone!!!!

This one is my fav!:lol

ddead2.jpg

King Darkness said:
One thing is for sure, he is gonna take some major futzing and water treatment to look good.

I found out the hard way, the dye will wash out of the clothes so I would advise against doing the water treatment. That's the first thing I did and I set him out to dry and there were puddles of green water around his feet. Same thing happened with the jacket, the dirt and grime washed out of his jacket

I got my elxcsive doc today.. and a Hat! :) Thanks Sideshow... keep the Dead coming.. I could literally buy 50 of these things!:monkey5

SwedishHeat said:
I found out the hard way, the dye will wash out of the clothes so I would advise against doing the water treatment. That's the first thing I did and I set him out to dry and there were puddles of green water around his feet. Same thing happened with the jacket, the dirt and grime washed out of his jacket

Thanks for the heads up, I would have shat myself if I had done it and all the dye came out. That really stinks that you had to find out that way.:monkey4

And welcome to the board!!!!

I got my regular doc today (and a hat! :D ). He is great. Only one problem. On mine, his right pinky was damaged. Paint was completely missing and the finger has a crack in it so it could break off very easily. I contacted Sideshow so hopefully they can just send me a new arm (since they pop off easily, also giving a cool way to dispaly the two docs differently). Ironically the plastic is white underneath so it looks like bone :lol I too just love the bite marks.

Hopefully my wait list exclusive will convert now! :eek: If it does I might pose one of the docs missing his left arm and chasing Patient Zero for it. :lol

BTW, around Halloween there is a product called "bottle of blood" or "gallon of blood" available at Halloween Costume shops (and Wal-Mart for half the price). It flows and looks like real blood. I use it to spay my Halloween costumes with (Michael Myers, Leatherface, Jason, etc.) When it dries it looks very much like the same color of blood on Sideshow figures (like the Dead). So that may be a way to fix the dye that got removed (or if anyone wants to bloody them up more). Also the thicker/more saturated the fabric is with the stuff the darker the blood stain is. Careful, it also stains hands.

King Darkness said:
Thanks for the heads up, I would have shat myself if I had done it and all the dye came out. That really stinks that you had to find out that way.:monkey4

And welcome to the board!!!!

Well, you could do like I'm going to... just do the wash treatment anyway and add your own blood! I'll probably do a full repaint as well, I think it could look much better with a little more gore and pasty colors....:rock

Well what do you know! I just got an email saying my Subject 57 exclusive waitlist is going to be converted to an order! Woo Hoo! My first wait list sucess ever! :D

Buttmunch said:
Well what do you know! I just got an email saying my Subject 57 exclusive waitlist is going to be converted to an order! Woo Hoo! My first wait list sucess ever! :D
When did you get on? I want mine to convert... let me know.

Just got my Dead Doctor exclusive today and just got my shipping notice on my reg. Doc.:chew :chew :chew

Well what do you know! I just got an email saying my Subject 57 exclusive waitlist is going to be converted to an order! Woo Hoo! My first wait list sucess ever!

Same here, Buttmunch! The waitlist hasn't failed me yet. Excellent!

When did you get on? I want mine to convert... let me know

I believe Buttmunch and I signed up for the waitlist as soon as it went up the evening that it sold out.

Darth Roranous said:
When did you get on? I want mine to convert... let me know.

The second Dusty put it up. I PM'd her about it not being up yet, she said thanks and just keep refreshing because she was going to put it up. I must have been the first or nearly first on the list.

Buttmunch said:
The second Dusty put it up. I PM'd her about it not being up yet, she said thanks and just keep refreshing because she was going to put it up. I must have been the first or nearly first on the list.
What day did the good doctors go up?

Buttmunch said:

Me too bm, literally minutes after she posted, just mine converted!

2006-10-27 06:10:06

Darth Roranous said:
What day did the good doctors go up?

It was the Thursday before Halloween. So that was the 27th of October?

Hey at least I didn't have to change my custom title by missing the doc.

The reason I missed the exclusive when he went up was that I was in a four hour film class during newsletter time (thankfully I'm done with it so I won't miss any more like him). Sold out by the time I got home (didn't even know there was going to be an exclusive or I would have called during a break or just stepped out for a sec).

Buttmunch said:
It was the Thursday before Halloween. So that was the 27th of October?
That sounds right. I always thought it was odd that the exclusive was preordered after the regular.

Back