SUBJECT 5 .....I'm waiting...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe my boss.
She has known for two weeks
that we would be short staffed
tomorrow but 5 minutes before
she leaves she asks me to come
in early to cover. I would miss
the non attendees pre order
if I said yes.
I have been waiting for this figure
for months,even tried to get tomorrow
off but couldn't.

I said "NO, sorry I have an appointment
before work and will be here just
when my shift starts".

My heart would have been broken if
I had to miss the pre order.

Bosses suck!
Except for anyone here who is a boss

Good for you dr2red. I know many people who would've caved and gone in early. Hope you (and me too) get your zombie on tomm!

For some reason, the expression on this new zombie's face reminded me of a cover of Charles Burns' graphic novel series "Black Hole". The novel itself is not about zombies at all, rather about teen-age alienation caused by a strange teen epidemic. If you're not familiar with Burns' work, this is a good start. Here's a review I found (don't let the review turn you off though):

https://web.english.ufl.edu/imagetext/archives/v2_1/reviews/raney.shtml

Check out Black Hole cover no. 5 in this link:
https://www.fantagraphics.com/artist/burns/burns.html

I really love Burns' work. If any of you have some spare time, why not check it out?

Apologies for this off topic intermezzo!

Hey Everyone-

Well I guess the Zombies' out of the bag. I'm really glad by the response. You guys really like Zombies! I shall make some more! I never thought that when I was working on Patient Zero (on my lunch breaks), that you guys would even like him. I knew there was a few of you out there, but jeez! You've proven Zombies have a huge fan base. Which means...I still have a job.:D
Good luck to all trying to get #5. Maybe I'll see a few of you at the SDCC.
Thanks-
Dooley

Cheers on the Zombie Dooley!!!

Alice, the face does remind of Charles Burns art, now that you mention it. He did a great sketch for me once, all the while muttering about how "this is crap". :lol

dr2red, I actually am coming in to work EARLY tomorrow, as my office internet connection is far more reliable than from home! It's good to have priorities though!

I changed a weekly appointment on Tuesday next week to be sure to be available for Boromir!

Yes we LOVE zombies. :love

Thanks for the awesome sculpt Dooley, though try and ramp up the gore factor for the next one. Maybe some rubber entrails? See my post about the preggo zombie & babe.

I think as these gain popularity... the gore factor will go way up. Soon you'll have more Zombies on your shelf then you'll know what to do with!:google
May God have mercy on your...VISA CHECK CARD!
Dooley

My MasterCard accepts your challenge Brian and raises you. Bring em on. :cool:

zombies.jpg

Seaward said:
... Alice, the face does remind of Charles Burns art, now that you mention it. He did a great sketch for me once, all the while muttering about how "this is crap". :lol ...

Hopefully I get lucky too one day, and get a sketch done by Charles! My dearest Burns' item until now is a LE copy of "Blood Club" (150 ex.) with a signed serigraph. I'm more than happy to have that, since Blood Club happens to be my favorite novel.

Dooley, Love the zombie! Keep 'em coming!

Sideshow Dooley said:
I think as these gain popularity... the gore factor will go way up. Soon you'll have more Zombies on your shelf then you'll know what to do with!:google
Dooley

Awesome, my own zombie army to do my bidding. No one can stop me now.... muhahahaha.

Challenge: make me feel sick to my stomache with the next one and I'll love ya forever.

Sideshow Dooley said:
Dooley

Does this mean that there will be more Zombies produced a year ??? :chew :chew :chew

dr2red said:
Bosses suck!
Except for anyone here who is a boss

Heh heh. I am a boss. I'll be at work tomorrow on the computer ordering this lil bit of nastiness ( and I mean that in the best way ) while my poor feeble underlings slave away. MWA HA HA!!!

I guess all bosses suck once in a while. :lol

Shai, I hope we got more zombies throughout the year. I actually hate that they are made as Con exclusives, as once you announce an exclusive of something, all the scalpers come crawling, well, much like the aforementioned zombies!:lol

Seaward said:
... all the scalpers come crawling, well, much like the aforementioned zombies!:lol

Ah, something even nastier than the flesh-eating undead. Reminds me of that old joke about lawyers and catfish.

:lol a scalper zombie then! With no scalp of course, and an exclusive little patient zero MIB.

Back