SUBJECT 5 .....I'm waiting...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm excited for the pre-order tomorrow... not going to the Con. I am surprised though, I was under the impression #5 was limited to 500 figures, not 1,000. Did this change or have I just been wrong the whole time.

I'm really looking forward to ordering tomorrow. After finally seeing the pictures this is the single greatest likeness of any Sideshow/Weta piece I have ever seen. Totally awesome sculpt!!!

It looks exactly like Dooley. :horror :D

GrueSam said:
Hey Lonnie- What good girl doesn't love her zombie dolls???
confused1.gif
913225747-Zombie_emoticon.gif

I'm with ya on that!!! Loves me some zombies!!! :chew

Just got back to work from lunch, and this figure is AMAZING!!! To all those going to San Diego, you are lucky b@$t@rd$ for two reasons: The con is a ton of fun, and you have already been able to order this!!!

The next 24 hours are going to be the worst wait ever.

His keys, the security badge, his rotted face, all of the detail is awesome.

He looks more recently deceased than Patient Zero though, which makes this all the more perfect.

where is DNAgent on this one?

Seaward said:
Just got back to work from lunch, and this figure is AMAZING!!! To all those going to San Diego, you are lucky b@$t@rd$ for two reasons: The con is a ton of fun, and you have already been able to order this!!!

The next 24 hours are going to be the worst wait ever.

His keys, the security badge, his rotted face, all of the detail is awesome.

He looks more recently deceased than Patient Zero though, which makes this all the more perfect.

where is DNAgent on this one?

Yeah, I agree... I love the face and the clothing is perfect.. But to me he looks more "rotten" than Zero. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE that. This one is more than what I expected, so I guess the next 24 hours are gonna suck... BIG TIME...:google

I want one so bad...

Dont worry everybody..you'll get yours..again, this aint Star Wars....

I guess he looks more rotten, but more recently deceased as well, with more of his face aqnd such intact. Maybe Patient Zero came from a cold climate, and being dead a while, was still well preserved.

There is something about the new figure that just looks ... moist.

man i cant imagine how some of the guys attending will manage carrying all the sideshow exclusives around the convention. multiple trips to and from the hotel room im guessing.

hairlesswookiee said:
man i cant imagine how some of the guys attending will manage carrying all the sideshow exclusives around the convention. multiple trips to and from the hotel room im guessing.

Just wait until the evening when you are ready to go before picking them up!!! You've already paid and are assured one, so there is no hurry! :chew

Seaward said:
I guess he looks more rotten, but more recently deceased as well, with more of his face aqnd such intact. Maybe Patient Zero came from a cold climate, and being dead a while, was still well preserved.

There is something about the new figure that just looks ... moist.

Yeah, true Seaward... he looks "moist", where as Zero looked more dried up. I'm glad they are not using just one "type" of zombie, but going for a more universal style. It's not a Romero zombie or a '28 Days Later' zombie, or even a 'Undead' Zombie... Each figure so far has been totally different in style and I hope that continues.

Zero was more of a classic zombie.. not really gory or messed up, just a few random bites and chilling eyes..

Five seems to be more of the Savini style zombie, much more damage, a grosser look..etc.

Now I'm all excited to see next year's!! :D

I thought he was definitely in the vein of a Tom Savini or a KNB zombie, but certainly more "modern".

I was hoping for an overweight security guard, with a big, bloated, distended belly, kinda like a cop zombie from Resident Evil

abstractharmony said:
Maybe it's time to get concerned...

Low quantity alert!!!!!!!!

100 for the non-attendees then....

See you at 10am pst

Maybe not... could be they decided to allocate more to non-attendees; he did seem to be a slower seller than I thought he would be. Good luck to all you non-attendees tomorrow!

Sweet looking figure, I ordered mine!

Question though: Does anyone think this fig. will be as popular as Patient Zero a year after Comic-Con? I hope so, maybe then I might have enough ammo to trade for a P.Z. for myself! I'm going to try to have my buddy order another S5 for me so I won't be empty handed though.

I think Patient Zero is kind of an anomaly. Only 300 were made for that figure, versus the thousand made here. That means that 700 people won't be able to have a matched set, so PZ will likey continue to climb after people get this zombie, but this may hover at a lower price point. I also wonder how many people are watching ebay right now, and have this figure ordered based only on speculation.

As yet another non-attendee, I will be hovering over my keyboard at noon CST tomorrow to try and get one of the precious few Security Guards available. I hope all of us non-attendees don't cause another fan to blow on Sideshow's server!! :lol

A friend of mine is going to SDCC so I'm gonna ask him to order an Attendee quick-sharpish - also I think there was someone here who offered to help me out...

must check my PM's.....

Back