SUBJECT 5 .....I'm waiting...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 awesome pix guys....I love "mood" photos!!
137091690O286166473.jpg

HPIM1493.jpg

Sigh......the pics look awesome! Makes me want to take out my Dream Warrior Freddy and Subject 5 and pose them, rather than to sell them.........

:monkey2

Since my post in the SDCC Freddy thread, I have taken Subject 5 out of his cardboard and plastic prison.
The head sculpt and costuming are excellent. The bite mark on the back of his neck looks great but unless you turn his head down and to the side you don't really see it.
The costume has nice details but it's biggest flaw is the bloody paint they used on the fabric. It needs more variation in tone to look like real blood. Hands look great and are quite expressive even if you can only turn them.
The paint is both good and bad. In some areas, there are subtle effects that really stand out, in others there needs to be a bit more color to really bring out the sculpt on the head and hands. My favorite paint detail is the red used on what appear to be pustules on his face.

The accessories are really lacking. On Patient Zero, he came with a snack and a newspaper that was printed on both sides. Although I would've liked even more accessories, the ones he came with looked great. Subject five's accessories are his keys and real metal key chain, walkie talkie, watch, metal flash light, and a magazine. The key chain is well done and the walkie talkie is alright although I think it's reuse.
The magazine is quite poor. No printing inside and no pages on the inside, Dragon has made magazines in 1/6 far more detailed then this. I have to ask why even include it?
The flashlight doesn't need to be made out of metal. I get the feeling that Sideshow made it out of metal to make us feel like we got more then we really did. if SSC made the flashlight plastic and included a new snack it would've gone a lot farther then a partial magazine and metal flashlight.
Subject Five has more accessories but they're less satisfying then Patient Zero's snack and newspaper.

If you had to make a choice between the two and you got Freddy instead, then I think you made the right decision. I'm far more satisfied with Freddy then Subject 5.
I'm not saying Sub. 5 is a terrible figure or that I'm completely disappointed, he's quite good but Freddy beats him hands down in value and satisfaction.
And this is coming from a guy who loves Zombie movies more then the Nightmare on Elm Street movies! :confused:

Ok, I got my Subject 5 last week and was a little underwhelmed by the tamed down production paint apps. So... I did a little altering and got him back to his original gory and burnt state. I hope you all enjoy!

First here is a shot with the flash to show the paint for what it is...

137641107O561571438.jpg

Then the darker shots... forgive the orange hue... I need to take regular daylight shots tomorrow... :D

137641064O146765370.jpg

137641151O271224033.jpg

137641126O888533100.jpg

137641192O342014506.jpg

137641211O154005188.jpg

137641249O233620303.jpg

137641238O064855530.jpg

Thanks King! I just really wanted him to look a little more like a zombie should. I remember seeing those prototype pics and thinking how gross and wet his burn looked. I just wanted to bring that back with my figure. :D

Glad to see it worked.

Woo Hoo, got Subject 5 on Friday! I got a spot for one more Dead on the shelf. Am I going to have to wait until SDCC 2007 to fill it? :wacky

dead.jpg

screamingmetal said:
Since my post in the SDCC Freddy thread, I have taken Subject 5 out of his cardboard and plastic prison.
The head sculpt and costuming are excellent. The bite mark on the back of his neck looks great but unless you turn his head down and to the side you don't really see it.
The costume has nice details but it's biggest flaw is the bloody paint they used on the fabric. It needs more variation in tone to look like real blood. Hands look great and are quite expressive even if you can only turn them.
The paint is both good and bad. In some areas, there are subtle effects that really stand out, in others there needs to be a bit more color to really bring out the sculpt on the head and hands. My favorite paint detail is the red used on what appear to be pustules on his face.

The accessories are really lacking. On Patient Zero, he came with a snack and a newspaper that was printed on both sides. Although I would've liked even more accessories, the ones he came with looked great. Subject five's accessories are his keys and real metal key chain, walkie talkie, watch, metal flash light, and a magazine. The key chain is well done and the walkie talkie is alright although I think it's reuse.
The magazine is quite poor. No printing inside and no pages on the inside, Dragon has made magazines in 1/6 far more detailed then this. I have to ask why even include it?
The flashlight doesn't need to be made out of metal. I get the feeling that Sideshow made it out of metal to make us feel like we got more then we really did. if SSC made the flashlight plastic and included a new snack it would've gone a lot farther then a partial magazine and metal flashlight.
Subject Five has more accessories but they're less satisfying then Patient Zero's snack and newspaper.

If you had to make a choice between the two and you got Freddy instead, then I think you made the right decision. I'm far more satisfied with Freddy then Subject 5.
I'm not saying Sub. 5 is a terrible figure or that I'm completely disappointed, he's quite good but Freddy beats him hands down in value and satisfaction.
And this is coming from a guy who loves Zombie movies more then the Nightmare on Elm Street movies! :confused:

thanks for the review, specially the accesory bit. :devil I'm definitely going to keep mine. ..

....this for customizers....i agree with ScreamingMetal about the blood on his clothes. What can you recommend using to apply on the clothing to look more bloody and i guess "real" :rolleyes: ?

What I tried to do was drybrush a little black and blackened red onto the spot and edges to get a more realistic effect. I also drybrushed that onto several other areas as well as the fingers.... to look as if he's been digging around a victims chest cavity....:lol

DarkArtist81 said:
:lol :lol Yeah, I thought that would be kinda funny... the Luke "spectator" in the background has kinda become a calling card of mine.

Subject 5 doesn't stand a chance against Luke. But Luke's "surprise" headsculpt made the scene pretty funny:rotfl .

Awesome repaint Darkartist!!!

Duckgoo said:
Subject 5 doesn't stand a chance against Luke. But Luke's "surprise" headsculpt made the scene pretty funny:rotfl .

Awesome repaint Darkartist!!!

Thanks Duck! I appreciate it very much. You are doing fine work yourself with your lightsabers.... fantastic stuff. Nice to have such a cool comment from someone with great talent... Keep it up! :D

got mine , like him alot , disapointed he did not come with a gun as advertised , but other then that a great fig all around :monkey1

Back