Sturtrup Custom Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sturtrup Custom Vader - airfreshener wip

Thanks man!

As described by Phoenix0A I've used a very sharp exacto knife. To say the truth, I've done a better work with the first attempt on the anh mask. But I think that I can fix it with some putty.

I meant what do you use as a vent? The material :)

I meant what do you use as a vent? The material :)
There is nothing under the grill and the triangle. I'm searching for the right mesh. Sorry about my misunderstanding. This forum is my only occasion to use my poor english.

Which chest armor is that?

And is that Tamiya clear smoke for the eyes?

It's the inaccurate ss anh that I'm using only for reference.
About the eyes I've used clear orange, then clear smoke. Tamiya.

This is such an excellent thread. Just pulled the trigger on a pair of the air freshener heads!
Great, hope to see soon your pictures...

Only to say that I've started to work on my esb custom vader. Omg .. a lot of problem.... a different cape, a different inner robe, different body proportion. About armour, chest box, belt and mask/dome I think that a mix of ss and hurricane should work perfectly. I'm not sure which body suit to use. Ht, rotj ss or deluxe ss. Any suggestion, picture or anything that can help me will be very appreciate. I'm waiting for some parts...then I will be able to start!
In the meantime..a picture of anh and esb airfreshener/hasbro Vader helmet..

Attachments

• IMG_20170512_213348.jpg
    IMG_20170512_213348.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 178

Only to say that I've started to work on my esb custom vader. Omg .. a lot of problem.... a different cape, a different inner robe, different body proportion. About armour, chest box, belt and mask/dome I think that a mix of ss and hurricane should work perfectly. I'm not sure which body suit to use. Ht, rotj ss or deluxe ss. Any suggestion, picture or anything that can help me will be very appreciate. I'm waiting for some parts...then I will be able to start!
In the meantime..a picture of anh and esb airfreshener/hasbro Vader helmet..

I'm using a rogue one figure as a base. Swapped the cape and tunic for ANH hot toys and swapped the belt, chest, and cod piece for a sideshow deluxe. Shoulder armor and helmet kaiyodo with hasbro titanium dome.

eb52508b9054b8aa17261ddea1c6ed12.jpg

I think you have done a great work zackg_! The overall look is great. If you want an esb total look remember to eliminate the pin from the belt. Ss deluxe have rotj belt and esb chest box. First time that I see the titanium dome on kaiyodo mask...interesting...I love this kind of mix..bravo! Thanks for sharing..

Sincerely I think that I'll never obtain the same result of my anh vader with the esb one. I've seen a lot of great esb Vader on the board in the last years and I'd love to see something of similar near my anh vader, but there's too much work to do. I had forgotten all the work done on my anh vader. I don't think I can devote myself equally to this new project. I'm definitively anh addicted!

Attachments

• 2017-05-12 23.12.34.jpg
    2017-05-12 23.12.34.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 186
Re: Sturtrup Custom Vader - esb planning time -

First shot....a lot of work to do. Thanks to mr and mrs H for their great stuff!
New pictures coming soon....

(Anh Vader with new dome and chest armour, first test)

Attachments

• IMG_20170803_201951.jpg
    IMG_20170803_201951.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20170803_172549.jpg
    IMG_20170803_172549.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 112
Re: Sturtrup Custom Vader - esb first pictures -

looks awesome Sturtrup. what all went into this ESB version of Vader? I`m working on a custom of him my self.

That's looking great so far!
I'm seeing a lot of the same parts I ended up using on mine as well. To me it looks like kaiyodo mask and chest armor, SSC belt and chestbox, HT suit, kaiyodo boots. I'm not sure on the cod piece, is that Hot Toys?

Thanks guys!
As requested...
Hurricane Helmet, chest armour and belt buckle
Ss deluxe chest box (needs new braces) and belt boxes (needs new belt)
Ss anh cod piece (temporary)
Ht anh suite
Hasbro boots (temporary)
My mother in law cape and inner robe

I've to work on the body proportion and on tons of little details....

Attachments

• 2017-08-06 23.53.22.jpg
    2017-08-06 23.53.22.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 241

Mr H Anh new dome...
Esb wip...

Attachments

• IMG_20170816_000531.jpg
    IMG_20170816_000531.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_20170816_000636.jpg
    IMG_20170816_000636.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 200

First shot....a lot of work to do. Thanks to mr and mrs H for their great stuff!
New pictures coming soon....

(Anh Vader with new dome and chest armour, first test)

Love it:clap

I'm starting on my ANH, ESB and ROTJ Vaders pretty soon and will use these pics as reference - got a huge box of HT, Kaiyodo, SSC and Hurricane parts ready to go. Fun!:yess:

:):):)

Love it:clap

I'm starting on my ANH, ESB and ROTJ Vaders pretty soon and will use these pics as reference - got a huge box of HT, Kaiyodo, SSC and Hurricane parts ready to go. Fun!:yess:
Onored...I'd love to start my rotj vader too but I need that ht or ss gives me a screen accurate rotj chest box.
I want to give a tribute to Mr Gino and reproduce this setup...

Attachments

• img_0 (1).jpg
    img_0 (1).jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 168

:):):)

Onored...I'd love to start my rotj vader too but I need that ht or ss gives me a screen accurate rotj chest box.
I want to give a tribute to Mr Gino and reproduce this setup...

In time Sturtrup. :wink1:

But yeah those replicas of Vader are spot on. Especially ANH, too bad that look wasn't used for RO...:dunno

Without cape test...

Attachments

• IMG_20170820_141456.jpg
    IMG_20170820_141456.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 143

Attachments

• IMG_20170825_000145.jpg
    IMG_20170825_000145.jpg
    887.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20170825_165554.jpg