Sturtrup Custom Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:) Thanks Talibane. I'm waiting for the new dome. This is a prototype done some month ago. I've put some new pictures as requested by Shockwave...:) .
I'll surely post new pics and comment about the new H dome when I receive it. Can't wait....

Getting back on topic, what's the ETA for the new H dome? Can't wait to see it.

Modded the nose ...now it looks fine to me, even the lenses, don't look at the temporary crappy paint job on the mask, only for reference

Attachments

• IMG_20170206_173622.jpg
    IMG_20170206_173622.jpg
    893.1 KB · Views: 105
Re: Sturtrup Custom Vader - airfreshener wip

That looks excellent. I wasn't going to touch the nose, but now I might have to.

You say you did nothing with the lenses? They look richer amber compared to before.

Yes I did, I've used tamiya clear orange and smooke...

Sturtrup, I think you've got ANH Vader down pretty well, so I think that my first air freshener head will find it's home on the ESB/ROTJ Vader.

20170206_190252_LLS-1-1_zpsszud64cr.jpg

20170206_185040_LLS-1_zpsdkqnek42.jpg
20170206_185837_LLS-1-1_zpsup9hjwnv.jpg

Holly molly Phoenix! THIS IS A GREAT VADER! Great improvement over ss. Well done my friend!

With remodded and repainted hasbro dome..
Hurricane's for comparision.

Attachments

• IMG_20170207_112408.jpg
    IMG_20170207_112408.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20170207_112439.jpg
    IMG_20170207_112439.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 93

That looks great, love the eye color you pulled off.

Taking a look at all these pics together, you can definitely see where the HT/air freshener mask is a bit off compared to the hurricane/kaiyodo sculpt. It's mostly in the mouth area, perhaps a bit too narrow giving it a fox-like appearance.

You are right, hurricane and airfreshner distance beetween the tusks is the same. But the airfreshener mask is a bit bigger. I've to say that the fox look is much better than the goofy look of other facemask...:wink1:

Mine came in today and...it isn't the one that everyone else has. Apparently, there are multiple sizes out there as mine is more in line with Medicom 1/7th scale. It looks like I need to try again. Could someone who has successfully received theirs (Sturtrup, Talibane, Phoenix) link to an auction with the same seller where you purchased yours so I don't get the wrong one again?

Mine came in today and...it isn't the one that everyone else has. Apparently, there are multiple sizes out there as mine is more in line with Medicom 1/7th scale. It looks like I need to try again. Could someone who has successfully received theirs (Sturtrup, Talibane, Phoenix) link to an auction with the same seller where you purchased yours so I don't get the wrong one again?

Sorry, but at this point, let we know something more about your airfreshener....

It is very similar in size and detail to the Disney Elite figure. Though I don't think the mask is the same sculpt. The helmet definitely isn't the Disney sculpt. Here is a picture of it with the Disney figure.

It is very similar in size and detail to the Disney Elite figure. Though I don't think the mask is the same sculpt. The helmet definitely isn't the Disney sculpt. Here is a picture of it with the Disney figure.

I can imagine your disappoint...:wink1:

The stock chin vent on the air freshener is ANH sized. I just enlarged it to make an ESB/ROTJ mask.

As for updating the mouth grill and chin vent with better mesh, I found some screen door material and stretched it oblong to better resemble Vader's helmet grate pattern. I also sliced out the "holes" between the mouth grill bars. Pieces of the screen material were then super glued on top of the chin vent plastic, and behind the mouth grill bars. This was not a fun process, and it took several tries because the screen material kept falling apart. I just wanted to share my pain and the end results.

20170201_211359-1_zpshqldf6kh.jpg
20170201_211239-1_zpsdxcqqfyp.jpg

Doc2_zpsgtkt3wtb.jpg

Can you explain how you have opened the holes beetween the teeth....:pray:

Back