Sturtrup Custom Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom Vader

That looks really good. I like how the mask looks "beat up" now. Excellent mask/ dome repaint.

One of the best ANH Vaders I have seen. Well done.

That looks really good. I like how the mask looks "beat up" now. Excellent mask/ dome repaint.

One of the best ANH Vaders I have seen. Well done.

Thanks Chakaman, I love your custom so your compliments are important to me, but ..mmm.. I've not repainted mask and the dome yet! Only repainted the chest armour! Mask and dome are on the list of "I Have to do".

Thanks Chakaman, I love your custom so your compliments are important to me, but ..mmm.. I've not repainted mask and the dome yet! Only repainted the chest armour! Mask and dome are on the list of "I Have to do".

I think he was referring to the fact that in the picture it seems there is some silver colored lines under the eyes and around the mouth triangle? Anyways, it looks excellent so far, no need for the HT for sure. Did you find something to use for the tusk yet?

I think he was referring to the fact that in the picture it seems there is some silver colored lines under the eyes and around the mouth triangle?

Ok, some picture reveals hidden details, hovewer the beat-up mask look is what I want to give him in the near future.

Anyways, it looks excellent so far, no need for the HT for sure. Did you find something to use for the tusk yet?

:thud: Thanks for your beautiful words. Ht was my only hope, when I saw the first picture of ht anh vader I felt a vibration in the force. Like if all my dreams were all destroyed. So I decided to do it myself.
I've not find the new tusk yet!

My mistake. I thought you mentioned that you had repainted the mask and dome, I misread your comment. Yes, it did look like you added silver details to the mask. Either way it looks great. :)

My mistake. I thought you mentioned that you had repainted the mask and dome, I misread your comment. Yes, it did look like you added silver details to the mask. Either way it looks great. :)

Now it's clear. It's the reflection of the led bar. It's a nice effect. I've to remember this when I'll repaint the mask! And about "your mistake" :wink1: I think it is not easy to understand my posts because of my terrible english! :rotfl

My marmit stormtroopers unearthed! Better display now? Or before with vader alone?

Attachments

• vader storm 1.jpg
    vader storm 1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 215

Yeah, HT has its work cut out for it topping the look of those Marmit helmets. Your Vader looks awesome there flanked.

Thanks men!! So I'll go for Vader with Marmit! Ok! Any other suggestion to improve it is welcome!! :pray:

Starded the reshaping of the cape...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 284
  • compar.jpg
    compar.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 285

First new chest armor dressing test. I think that it works. Ther's lot of mods to do. So I have to go!

Attachments

• newchestarmor.jpg
    newchestarmor.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 226

Really like your Vader! One thing you may want to do - sand/roughen the codpiece then dapple some matte black paint on it to make it look more leather-like.

droidgeek said:
Nicely done! That is a great looking Vader!

Thanks! I'll never finish this guy but this is the reason that make him so irresistible for me!

TaliBane said:
Really like your Vader! One thing you may want to do - sand/roughen the codpiece then dapple some matte black paint on it to make it look more leather-like.

Thanks, this is what I need: a lot of big or little good advice to improve him. The actual codpiece is leather coated! So I think that the poor pics that I posted dont reveal it. I have to do some mods in the next days, then I hope to succeed to do a detailed picture. Any other suggestions are welcome!

Maybe make the collar smaller so it sits under the neck flare of the helmet
S x

mrshurricane! Oh my god! You are something like a mith fore me. Thanks for your words. The collar is too big! You are right! I'm reshaping all the cape and I hope to make a more screen accurate one. But I think lo leave the collar out of the helmet like in this screen shot:

Attachments

• DarthVaderANH-HD2.jpg
    DarthVaderANH-HD2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 192

mrshurricane! Oh my god! You are something like a mith fore me. Thanks for your words. The collar is too big! You are right! I'm reshaping all the cape and I hope to make a more screen accurate one. But I think lo leave the collar out of the helmet like in this screen shot:
Kind words, thankyou ,but Mr H is the creator I just do the posting , and the laundry, and the hoovering , and the weeping over the amount spent on figures.... When I need a new car....
S x

Back