Street Fighter Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my SOTA Akuma as well. They really did a great job with it.

IMG_0188.jpg

I agree, it is a nice addition to any collection. Did you get the light up version or the regular? I honestly didn't know that there would be three different versions in total until I saw the box. "No es bueno" for my wallet:monkey2. I want to get the version you have also, but with the light up eyes.

I agree, it is a nice addition to any collection. Did you get the light up version or the regular? I honestly didn't know that there would be three different versions in total until I saw the box. "No es bueno" for my wallet:monkey2. I want to get the version you have also, but with the light up eyes.

When I found out there was a "regular" version with the light up eyes, I about flipped out, but then I saw that it was $199.99. WTF?! I paid less than $100 for the one I have AFTER shipping. It pisses me off because it is the exact same mold and paint. There is no way to justify marking it up that much. It having an edition size of 50 should not make a difference in this case. Oh well...:monkey2

When I found out there was a "regular" version with the light up eyes, I about flipped out, but then I saw that it was $199.99. WTF?! I paid less than $100 for the one I have AFTER shipping. It pisses me off because it is the exact same mold and paint. There is no way to justify marking it up that much. It having an edition size of 50 should not make a difference in this case. Oh well...:monkey2

I completely agree with you and I had the same reaction. My original plan was to get the EX with SSC and then get the blue gi version from a local dealer for about $100. I'm gonna save up for the light up version and hopefully it'll still be available by the time I'm ready. The edition size of 50 will make it a collectible for sure, but you're right $200 does not justify it.

This is a pretty old statue, but I thought it might be worth posting.

This was one of my grails during my early collecting days: A Kaiyodo high-kicking Chun-Li statue. These are pretty hard to find (even back when it first came out), especially the standard blue costume. I managed to get it below retail from an obscure website (iirc, I think I got it for a little above $100), and let me tell you, it was probably the highlight of my college experience. lol.

IMO, it's probably the perfect Chun pose, with a very simple, well done sculpt. Pics really don't do it justice (especially with my crappy camera), and I don't think I'll ever sell this piece, no matter what the circumstances.

chun03.jpg

chun03.jpg

chun02.jpg

This is a pretty old statue, but I thought it might be worth posting.

This was one of my grails during my early collecting days: A Kaiyodo high-kicking Chun-Li statue. These are pretty hard to find (even back when it first came out), especially the standard blue costume. I managed to get it below retail from an obscure website (iirc, I think I got it for a little above $100), and let me tell you, it was probably the highlight of my college experience. lol.

IMO, it's probably the perfect Chun pose, with a very simple, well done sculpt. Pics really don't do it justice (especially with my crappy camera), and I don't think I'll ever sell this piece, no matter what the circumstances.

Wow, I like that a lot! I'm going keep my eyes peeled for that statue. How big is it?

Nice size, but the articulated joints ruin any collectible for me personally. I've never liked action figures for that reason.

Wow, I like that a lot! I'm going keep my eyes peeled for that statue. How big is it?

It's 1/8 scale, so it's not that big (about 11" to the top of her kicking foot). And it was actually made by Epoch, not Kaiyodo, so hopefully, that'll help out with your search =)

It's 1/8 scale, so it's not that big (about 11" to the top of her kicking foot). And it was actually made by Epoch, not Kaiyodo, so hopefully, that'll help out with your search =)

Cool, that definitely helped the search. I can find lots of pictures and articles about, but no one is selling. It also looks like Epoch only made a Super Street Fighter II Chun Li and a Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Chun Li. No other characters, which is disappointing.

My guess would be Jan. at the earliest. Sideshow still has not listed it as, "Coming in the Next 30 Days".

Still the best chunli IMO, and still hunting for one.

10041101a.jpg

Last edited:
Nothings wrong with it, but what's the point? It would be like a statue of Ken holding a hamburger that he took a bite out of already.

The bun give you a bit story.
I like figure that can tell us something more than just standing straight n looks pretty. :cool:

Last edited:
Manufacturer : Daiki Kougyo
Scale : 1/5
Material : Resin
Producer : Tohshiro

This is the cursed Chun Li SFIV SOTA statue.:banghead Finally got one that is acceptable on my third try. Third time is not the charm. Still had to do some minor repairs, but she turned out fine. :cool: She is only about 9.5 inches tall with base.

chunliSOTA1.jpg

chunliSOTA2.jpg

chunliSOTA5.jpg

chunliSOTA4.jpg

chunliSOTA3.jpg

This is the cursed Chun Li SFIV SOTA statue.:banghead Finally got one that is acceptable on my third try. Third time is not the charm. Still had to do some minor repairs, but she turned out fine. :cool: She is only about 9.5 inches tall with base.

I actually tried three times myself on that statue. Ironically each one was worse than the last. I gave up after the third one. I also was disappointed with SOTA's direction on the statue compared to their other resins, especially the base.

The strange thing though was that it was a promotional item for Capcom at SDCC '08 to promote SF IV. SOTA doesn't have the SF IV license so I guess it was a one time deal.

Back