Storm Collectibles Muhammad Ali

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a fan of the boots, but my biggest gripe is lack of wrapped hands. It's tempting but maybe my wallet dodged a bullet.

Yeh, it looks like they went for the cheap option at every turn. Ali has always been on my list of figures I'd like to see made, but this just isn't good enough for me to want it. I'd rather pay the extra for better quality and detail.

Yeh, it looks like they went for the cheap option at every turn. Ali has always been on my list of figures I'd like to see made, but this just isn't good enough for me to want it. I'd rather pay the extra for better quality and detail.

This. :lecture

I've been in this game long enough (not so long, but enough) that I'll do without if I have to. These are luxury items at the end of the day. I don't *need* any of it, so these companies can work a little for my disposable income. I think my expectations are realistic enough.

You would think by acquiring the license, they would have went above and beyond and given us everything possible. Didn't notice any wrapped hands, no warmup outfit, no championship belt (I know they need a license for that too), even a cheap version (something), maybe a mouth wide open head sculpt. I don't know, the figure feels a bit lazy. Not impressed as this was one of my most anticipated figures this year. I at least thought there would be an exclusive version out there as well. maybe the license was so expensive, they couldn't afford to do more, don't know. Don't know when or if we will get a better figure, hmm, I don't know if I will pick this up or not.

A second head sculpt is always a good thing with the prices of figures nowadays, but in comparison to what Tyson came with overall, this still falls short IMO.

A second head sculpt is always a good thing with the prices of figures nowadays, but in comparison to what Tyson came with overall, this still falls short IMO.

I don't know if it falls short to the extremes that am not buying this figure, it has a great sculpt, body, trunks, and gloves, a lot of complaining about this figure is justified, I think Storm paid a lot to the Ali estate and Everlast for licensing, but they should have included a replica of the old school Ring Magazine championship belt, that would have been great, but the license for it was probably very expensive, but than again they paid the WBC, WBA and IBF to make their belts for the new Tyson. I would have gladly paid an extra $50 for a great replica belt like the ones coming with Tyson.

There's actually a Muhammad Ali monopoly game
USMN081316lg.jpg

On the bright side, I am thankful that Storm Collectibles is even doing this at all in 1/6 scale. I don't think anyone else is, plus it's nice to have something outside of DC, Marvel, and Star Wars that Hot Toys and others are flooding the market with. I decided to go ahead and pick this up because 1) Muhammed Ali is the greatest and I'd rather have him in my collection than not 2) I like to have a variety of different genres in my 1/6 scale collection.

On the bright side, I am thankful that Storm Collectibles is even doing this at all in 1/6 scale. I don't think anyone else is, plus it's nice to have something outside of DC, Marvel, and Star Wars that Hot Toys and others are flooding the market with. I decided to go ahead and pick this up because 1) Muhammed Ali is the greatest and I'd rather have him in my collection than not 2) I like to have a variety of different genres in my 1/6 scale collection.

My thoughts exactly, a lot of collectors complaining but this Ali figure looks great to me, and if you have issues with the lack of accessories there are plenty of 1/6 boxing accessories on ebay.

That's true. I hope someone makes aftermarket championship belts.

Its pretty rare now for the big companies to provide anything but a few accessories and change out hands.

A second head sculpt and heavy bag makes it worth it
Second head sculpt is always the best accessory item a figure can come with IMO

Back