Storm Collectibles Muhammad Ali

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this today, and I absolutely love it, but it's the first time I've ever had a figure like this and I'm frightened to pose it! (Hence no pictures). That has never happened to me before, I usually pose the **** out of figures. Having an armature inside a rubber shell took me by surprise. As well as worrying that something'll break inside the rubber I guess the whole 'rubber tearing' thing has got into my head.

It's been the case that a couple of times I've got a figure that has felt too delicate to be any fun, and I've sold them on - however, this is awesome, so I'm keeping it, but I'd like to know if there any more durable replacement bodies out there in case the worst happens. I think I'd also prefer visible elbow joints to that bunched rubber look when you bend the arms.

The other reason for having an additional body is to put the extra head to good use as part of a 'clothed Ali' kit bash.

IMG_0692.jpg
IMG_0703.jpg

Both sculpts looks great, surprised there isn't a lot more interest in this figure. I'm not a boxing fan at all but as he's one of the 20th century's most iconic figures I'm tempted to pick this up anyway.

Both sculpts looks great, surprised there isn't a lot more interest in this figure. I'm not a boxing fan at all but as he's one of the 20th century's most iconic figures I'm tempted to pick this up anyway.

I think the lack of interest is because the majority of 1/6 collectors are between the age of 18-35, Ali's prime years were 1962-1976, so most of that generations sports heros are from 1984 to the present and that's why the Storm Mike Tyson has done so well I think. I was a kid in the 70's but am not a 1/6 collector, if I did collect that scale this would be a must have.

Being a huge 80's boxing fan I wish Storm would do the great fighters from that golden era of fighters like Leonard, Duran, Hagler, Hearns, and Pryor.

I think the lack of interest is because the majority of 1/6 collectors are between the age of 18-35, Ali's prime years were 1962-1976, so most of that generations sports heros are from 1984 to the present and that's why the Storm Mike Tyson has done so well I think. I was a kid in the 70's but am not a 1/6 collector, if I did collect that scale this would be a must have.

Being a huge 80's boxing fan I wish Storm would do the great fighters from that golden era of fighters like Leonard, Duran, Hagler, Hearns, and Pryor.

I suppose that makes sense but I was born in 83 and saw nothing of Ali's boxing career. I'm still considering getting this, he was far more than just a boxer, while I couldn't care less about Tyson or any modern fighter for that matter. Then again most of my interest in cinema/pop culture is from 70's-early 90's so maybe I'm just odd. :lol

I suppose that makes sense but I was born in 83 and saw nothing of Ali's boxing career. I'm still considering getting this, he was far more than just a boxer, while I couldn't care less about Tyson or any modern fighter for that matter. Then again most of my interest in cinema/pop culture is from 70's-early 90's so maybe I'm just odd. :lol

That's it, right there.

ClipperKing great photos, the body and head sculpts are awesome, one question, Muhammad Ali was 6'3 and Mike Tyson is listed at 5'10, it looks like Storm made Tyson to small, I could be wrong, but from your side to side photo of Ali and Tyson, Ali towers over Tyson.

Great figure.
I'll never own a rubber body figure but those sculpts are killer.

Back