Still a chance for a 1/6 Scale complete Fellowship???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Then it has all been in vain. The fellowship has failed."

"Not if we hold true to deeznuts."

Dare you take a leap of faith? Or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone.

There's taking a leap of faith and then there's being a gullible Gilligan. It's time you got off that uncharted desert isle, bub. Most of us left a looooooooooooong time ago. :lol

I just dropped out of LOTR from SS... I have no faith in these lines and just can't do it.

RIP 12" LOTR. :(

Pretty much. At this point I'd rather hunt down a completed Fellowship on the secondary market after they finish the Fellowship than continually fall for the bull____ lines that they'll finish it in a specific format. It's too expensive to keep placing hope in another LOTR line only to get ____ed in the end, when they drop that for yet another format.

Last edited:
Dude, we all know why that is. There is like 10 valid reasons why they didnt sell all of which are SS's fault

Really? I'd like to know...I've had all the 1/6 figs for awhile now, but still relatively new to this site. So I'd really appreciate some info on why they didn't sell so well please :) thank you

"Then it has all been in vain. The fellowship has failed."

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2
Gipetto sad

Really? I'd like to know...I've had all the 1/6 figs for awhile now, but still relatively new to this site. So I'd really appreciate some info on why they didn't sell so well please :) thank you

Really, there were only 3 major ones. Time between releases, character selection (which wouldn't have been an issue if the line had continued), and paint apps (which really only stunk of Faramir). The time between releases killed it most, IMO, as many collectors just moved on to the maquettes and PFs.

Dude, we all know why that is. There is like 10 valid reasons why they didnt sell all of which are SS's fault

SS made some misteps but this was a format that LOTR fans also just didn't seem to get into all that much. That didn't help either.

I think it was too slow, and that's all there was to it.

If anything else stopped people from buying it was the degradation in quality from prototype to production. It stood out a lot on Aragorn and Legolas.

There's taking a leap of faith and then there's being a gullible Gilligan. It's time you got off that uncharted desert isle, bub. Most of us left a looooooooooooong time ago. :lol

Don't flatter yourself there, Richard. I was quoting a line from Inception. Has nothing to do with my personal faith because I know the line is dead dead dead. Indy, however, is another story whether you arrogantly choose to believe it or not is still happening. :nana:

I think it was too slow, and that's all there was to it.

If anything else stopped people from buying it was the degradation in quality from prototype to production. It stood out a lot on Aragorn and Legolas.

True, just shows that they dont think 5 steps ahead, if your going to get into a line especially 1/6 that has many character options, you should have at least the first 5 laid out and your strategy on the next 5 or so.

True, just shows that they dont think 5 steps ahead, if your going to get into a line especially 1/6 that has many character options, you should have at least the first 5 laid out and your strategy on the next 5 or so.

U really don't think they have a plan? :lol please don't tell me you're truly that naive.

U really don't think they have a plan? :lol please don't tell me you're truly that naive.

Enlighten me, what was there plan with this line??

Drag it out for 20 years, offer crappy characters right off the bat, kill any interest by releasing two figs a year with crappy paint apps, no Gimli, under estimate the cost involved, do 2 hobbits, not all 4, offer no cool baddies???

Which one of those were in the PLANS?

Their plan was simple: Make everybody from the Fellowship EXCEPT Merry, Pippin and Gimli. :lol

I know Im a miserable old bastard, but at some point enough with bull____, the macaroni Gimli's are the icing on the cake

Don't flatter yourself there, Richard. I was quoting a line from Inception. Has nothing to do with my personal faith because I know the line is dead dead dead. Indy, however, is another story whether you arrogantly choose to believe it or not is still happening. :nana:

:lol I'm confused. How is me weighing Sideshow's words against their history arrogant, Gilligan? I have several "on hold" aka canceled lines to back my argument. You have only your kneel 'n bob faith. "If I suck it, they will come."

You really are illiterate, aren't you? My quote had absolutely nothing to do with whether I thought the line would continue. I was responding to Craw's post. I suggest you wipe the vaseline off your eyeglasses and re-read it again before jumping to post your vitriolic responses just to start an argument for the sake of starting arguments.

Very true, I was very disappointed when both didn't come out at all close to the prototypes...but, it did get me into customizing so I guess I should be thanking them :/ on second thought no, no thanking :nana:

You really are illiterate, aren't you? My quote had absolutely nothing to do with whether I thought the line would continue. I was responding to Craw's post. I suggest you wipe the vaseline off your eyeglasses and re-read it again before jumping to post your vitriolic responses just to start an argument for the sake of starting arguments.

Sure bunky.

124315046419BDQZ.jpg

Back