Still a chance for a 1/6 Scale complete Fellowship???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninersphan

Freaked Out
Reaction score
From an interview on Cool Toy Review with Brock Otterback from SS:

CTR: A hot topic in forums is the incomplete 1/6 scale Fellowship. Really, at this point, what will it take to see the last three figures produced?

BO: Yeah, get everyone to buy them. I’m joking. It has been discussed finishing it off by doing the other two Hobbits and Gimili. The figures in that line were extremely difficult to produce. There is a lot of detail to each of them. That’s the appeal to doing them as sculptures. Every detail is so fine. Every belt had a certain patterned pressed in the leather. Over time the sales diminished, but when we ended off with Gandalf the sales bounced back up. In the case of these characters, it is a good example of risk verses reward. But we are always talking about how we can do a few more figures in that line.

CTR: Of every line Sideshow has produced, the 12” Lord Of The Rings is the only one that stands out as being incomplete. The only one missing pieces.

BO: I know, there are only three more figures to go to complete the Fellowship. I respect and understand that, and it would be great to have all of those on the shelf, so maybe if there are enough comments to this interview, we might be able to get some fires lit under some butts and see what we can do about it. If people were to petition it. if we get drawings their kids did of the missing members of the Fellowship. I want to see crayon drawings. I want to see polls. I want to see people making their own figures out of macaroni. Anything would help to raise awareness.

CTR: So you are saying that it would need to be an organized, fan supported effort to make it happen?

BO: Really, I want to see two things: Figures made out of macaroni and I want to see three-year-old kids drawing pictures of the figures. Not of the characters, but of the figures. If we see that we’ll make the other three. That’s my challenge.

CTR: I’m quoting you there…

BO: Do it! Do it!

So all you who want these, lets get a petition started, lets get macaroni Gimili made, get your kids to draw Merry and Pippin, sounds like it's up to us to keep pounding on SS to get these made...

Whole CTR interview here:

https://cooltoyreview.com/Sideshow_Collectibles_Five_Years_After.asp

Seems like a doable challenge...
All for these guys!!!

Let's do this!!!
I don't have kids but I can try and do something with macaroni...
:lol!!!

Don't tell my wife though, she loves Mac N' Cheese and she'll be wondering about where it's going...
:lol!

Raising awareness?!?!?! Is he F-ing serious?!?!?! People have been raising awareness about the incomplete Fellowship on this board for years. Sounds like another lame excuse to keep blowing off the issue.

Raising awareness?!?!?! Is he F-ing serious?!?!?! People have been raising awareness about the incomplete Fellowship on this board for years. Sounds like another lame excuse to keep blowing off the issue.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

He just needs to check out the custom Gimli thread for the amount of awareness of the collectors working on their own to finish up the Fellowship.

(Would be nice if SS does finish up the Fellowship, though. :pray:)

the fellowship was difficult to prodcue when they started making the 1/6th figures or still difficult now? because in the same interview he talks about how anything is possible with the sw line...grievous, the droids, etc.

Make a 3 pack.. I dont think Ill mind if some leather belts have incorrect patterns pressed into them, I just want decent headsculpt and more or less the clothes they wore. If that is what it will take to produce them

It won't happen... just accept that.

The line never even had one villain? A Ringwraith would sell like gangbusters and we never saw one, very unlikely Merry and Pippin would be what brings the line back.

It won't happen... just accept that.

The line never even had one villain? A Ringwraith would sell like gangbusters and we never saw one, very unlikely Merry and Pippin would be what brings the line back.

:gah:

Sorry not gonna happen. I refuse to give up hope when they keep throwing us bones like this. Call me crazy, call me stupid, but seems to me if we get organized and show them there is a demand, they just might fianlly come through and make these.

Hey man, I'll support the line coming back, sign a petition, whatever.

But the responses were clearly joking and Sideshow just doesn't have a history of resurrecting dead lines.

i have such little hope that the line will come back...I just really want gimli and some freaking villains! but hey i'll sign a petition or whatever if it helps get this line back on! i hate the fact that there are a bagillion SW figures that aren't even from the movies but when it comes to the LOTR line we don't even have enough figures just for the movie! i love the SW line but love LOTR even more and have bought every 1/6 figure and that's all I desire! 1/6 LOTR figs all of the movie characters! some orcs, saruman, sauron, ringwraith, gimli, theoden, king aragorn, c'mon sideshow! we'd eat these figures up!!!

This line has about as much of a chance of coming back as Guillermo Del Toro coming back to direct The Hobbit.

Okay so if i get my kids to make maccaroni pcitures and pictures with caryons we get them.

Oh it's on!!!!

This might be the best news i've heard so far during SDCC week!

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

At this point, it's almost pathetic. Have you people no shame? :lol

Y'know, it does all sound vaguely promising. I mean, Brock didn't exactly shoot it down and to be honest the "challenge" he made is not that impossible - macaroni figures and crayon drawings? He could of said something like "Give me a piece of fresh adamantium" and then people would have been at a loss.

However, given that detail and design have been brought up here and in other interviews, can the fanbase be ready for a more expensive Hobbit? Sure, the bodies are done, but we would need all the intricate clothing that's been mentioned, as well as possible Ex ideas and accessories. Then there's Gimli, who would need a whole new body type. Given that Star Wars just got a Gamorrean Guard, with brand new body (though limited articulation and accessories/detail) for $120, how much can we expect to pay for a new Gimli with an assortment of axes, detailed armor, and (hopefully) a swap-out head without helmet.

Even if SSC wants to do this, they'll have to be really careful how to approach this financially.

I'd actually prefer a Sauarmon and some orcs over Merry and Pippin and my DID gimli is good enough so i sometimes forget he was never made by SS. with that said...I'd buy any 1/6 LOTR products sideshow makes.

Back