Star Wars Yoda Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it comes to shipping, duty, taxes etc. it does seem we get nailed here in Canada harder than anywhere else in the world. Especially Quebec. When you consider these things are coming from our close neighboring country it's pathetic that we should be jealous of a guy who can get a life-size bust of Boba Fett shipped all the way to Australia for $110.

I wouldn't say that though. The Aussies and New Zealanders have it really rough. The shipping may not be much higher but their VAT is considerably higher.

I see your from Montreal so you share my pain in this. $2.5k for us would become $2,750 with the currency conversion. Add in shipping, taxes on $2750 and custom fees (they won't let such a high value item slip by) and we are talking over $3k.

In fact, thanks for bringing that up. It further solidifies that I don't want this anymore. The price is ridiculous.
YUP! Jeez even PCS killed me with $85 to Toronto
When it comes to shipping, duty, taxes etc. it does seem we get nailed here in Canada harder than anywhere else in the world. Especially Quebec. When you consider these things are coming from our close neighboring country it's pathetic that we should be jealous of a guy who can get a life-size bust of Boba Fett shipped all the way to Australia for $110.
I didn't k ow it was that much worse for you guys
I didn't think those down under get charged import taxes?
Yeah don't think so either. I think Bruce mentioned this in another forum

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Going direct from Sideshow I usually have to prepare myself to pay up to $100 more than the list price for getting an order to the door. That's just for a premium format statue.

I don't understand why people are willing to pay mega-bucks for such an ill conceived pose choice. Head tilt looking down is ridiculous. Unless you lay down on the floor to look up at him, you're always just going to be looking at the top of his head. Why doesn't someone on the development team put a stop to these useless pose choices and actually take the time to look at some film stills or the movies to see that he's pretty much NEVER in this pose during the movies???

If people continue to buy this stuff, Sideshow will keep on giving us these lame poses and think that we're ok with them. Grrrrrr!

I didn't think those down under get charged import taxes?

We don't get charged import tax due to FTA with the US. We will only need to pay 10% GST (VAT equivalence) for the item valued higher than $1000 AUD. Anything under that is both tax and duty free.

We don't get charged import tax due to FTA with the US. We will only need to pay 10% GST (VAT equivalence) for the item valued higher than $1000 AUD. Anything under that is both tax and duty free.

Yep that's exactly right!!!

Everything is all good unless it's over $1000 then we get stung a bit

Idiot pole smokers like Harvey Norman are lobbying to have GST on everything imported because internet transactions accounting for 10% gross sales in this country is really eating into their ****** overpriced bottom line. It's easier to just whinge and want to tax everything than fix your ****ed business model.

Kind of telling how badly they missed the mark with the pricing, when that is 99% of all anyone is talking about.

Looks like I am not alone in thinking I was going to get this only to be halted in my tracks by that outrageous price.

Kind of telling how badly they missed the mark with the pricing, when that is 99% of all anyone is talking about.

Looks like I am not alone in thinking I was going to get this only to be halted in my tracks by that outrageous price.

I had been following this closely since SDCC! I accepted once the Fett and Carbonite came out that the price would be obscene. I have always wanted a life sized yoda... this one is just not it. Hopefully another will come along at some point. I am a patient man haha.

Really? Worse than 20% ontop of purchase and shipping price plus a Fed-Ex handling fee?
You're in England right? That's ****ed up man. I thought 13% plus taxes on the item and fedex fees (which also get taxed lol) was bad.

No you aren't my friend, no you are not
I was 100% commited at 1500-1750- range. At 2K I was willing to think about it. Cant with this though :/

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

I always knew that $1500-1750 guesses were all cause we were all on that Rob Ford just wishing, but I expected 2K and would've picked him up and passed on Vader (cause of the PFs. Depending on the PFs I may still pick this up. It'll be around for a long time so hopefully I will one day be able to use a ****load of coupons or most of my RPs to drop the price a tiny bit. About the pose I don't mind it. Its not like I would put him on the floor (way too much dust too think about) I personally like it, its very contemplative or like he's just presented an idea and has looked to you to reflect on what he has just said.

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Yeah the pose does not bother me at all. I would definitely keep him off of the floor. He is way too big for my display cases, so away from the dusty floor would be for the best.

I think the piece is actually quite spectacular. I think it is a real shame the price is so damn high because I would love to see this in collections everywhere. Its one of the few Star Wars characters you can get that doesn't take up an entire room. I wish I wasn't priced out of getting this because I really would love having it. We should cost out how much a commission on this would cost if we got a group / sculptor to make it haha.

Yeah the pose does not bother me at all. I would definitely keep him off of the floor. He is way too big for my display cases, so away from the dusty floor would be for the best.

I think the piece is actually quite spectacular. I think it is a real shame the price is so damn high because I would love to see this in collections everywhere. Its one of the few Star Wars characters you can get that doesn't take up an entire room. I wish I wasn't priced out of getting this because I really would love having it. We should cost out how much a commission on this would cost if we got a group / sculptor to make it haha.

Or a few of us could each throw in a couple hundred bucks and figure out a time share :lol

Yeah agree, I really like it but the price is the barrier, that and the unclear ES. I mean landed in the UK this must be around 2000 pounds which is painfully expensive. I mean I wish I could get it for 2500 dollars like the Yanks can.

A time share yoda makes sense! 5 of us each put in $500 and we exchange him with each other every 2.4 months! We can also rent him out to other people for long weekends and holidays to recoup our costs.

A time share yoda makes sense! 5 of us each put in $500 and we exchange him with each other every 2.4 months! We can also rent him out to other people for long weekends and holidays to recoup our costs.

Lol, that works:p

Back