Star Wars Yoda Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then wait and buy it cheaper on the aftermarket, problem fixed no?

Doesn't matter. When the wolf pred LSF came out at 2k, huge backlash on Facebook. SS hasn't changed at all since then in their pricing, doesn't matter how vocal the fans are. At least with the LSF line, prices haven't gone up. Doom is a huge ass statue, could of easily been 2.5 k, but they kept it at 2k. I even got mine from a retailer for way under 2k.

Collectors just need to use their brain and realize that when SS makes a piece like yoda with an open ES, if your patient, you CAN get it for under retail, and some instances, way under retail. I saw a Maul LSF go for like 1400 shipped on this forum. Bargains can be found for some of these overpriced items.

Problem is there still needs to b suckers who drop the full price and then turn around and sell

I was thinking in buyind this Yoda, but I see a problem:
I don't understand at that price it is Limited edition.
I have seen Lifesize Darth Vader busts or Darth Maul LSF selling too much cheaper than the original price. Being not numered makes the statue value decrease. If at least this one was 250 units I won't think I'm losing money by buying it...

(I hope you understand me, sorry for my bad english).

you are correct, majority of the 1:1 bust, 1:2 statues go well below retail, only a very few piece is able to maintain their value or go up. The reason is pretty simple at $2000 your demand pool is much smaller than at $500-$1000 (for bust, there just isn't a big market to begin with), and those aren't exactly very limited nor done much better (same mass produced quality as 1/4 statues).

So it is a big risk to put down $2000 for those statues. To each of his own, i really wanted this yoda even if it will lose money over time, but after reading all the posts it really dampened my desire to buy this.

you are correct, majority of the 1:1 bust, 1:2 statues go well below retail, only a very few piece is able to maintain their value or go up. The reason is pretty simple at $2000 your demand pool is much smaller than at $500-$1000 (for bust, there just isn't a big market to begin with), and those aren't exactly very limited nor done much better (same mass produced quality as 1/4 statues).

So it is a big risk to put down $2000 for those statues. To each of his own, i really wanted this yoda even if it will lose money over time, but after reading all the posts it really dampened my desire to buy this.

Same man. I really wanted this too. Good point about the busts too. Very few do ever go higher in value. At this price they will lose a lot of potential buyers but they will also gain a lot of newer buyers too. The market loves Star Wars and even at these prices it will sell. Its unfortunate that we and many other fans won't be able to enjoy it.

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

I don't know, I still like it, it's a life-size of one of the most iconic characters in sci-fi film history.

The way I figure, it's the kind of thing that the average joe will instantly recognise and be drawn to as a cool piece in your collection, cos it's Yoda, in 3D, at full scale, I mean ppl take photos in front of bronze versions of this guy:

Me-by-Yoda-at-ILM-300x225.jpg

So I think we are being a bit hard here, as long as the factory pieces have good paint apps this will be an eye-catching piece in any collection.

Looks great, how awesome is to have a life size Yoda in ur collection! agree the price is high, so I'll not commit myself till I see in hand reviews & feedback.

Where can you get the cyber man yoda? Is it made from polystone?

I emailed Gino at the rpf board. Des anyone know if he sells them?

Gotcha!
Does cyberman make them for sale?

You guys are making me depressed, I was really looking forward to this release.

Where can I get a Gina yoda? Are they polystone?

Check out the beginning of this thread, you get links and details about Cyberman. A good friend of mine from Croatia has a Cyberman Yoda and looks simply AWESOME!!

I don't know, I still like it, it's a life-size of one of the most iconic characters in sci-fi film history.

The way I figure, it's the kind of thing that the average joe will instantly recognise and be drawn to as a cool piece in your collection, cos it's Yoda, in 3D, at full scale, I mean ppl take photos in front of bronze versions of this guy:

Me-by-Yoda-at-ILM-300x225.jpg

So I think we are being a bit hard here, as long as the factory pieces have good paint apps this will be an eye-catching piece in any collection.

Dude I totally agree with you on that. I think the big issue is that we think its a little high for the price. Like its smaller than the Doom LSF and its $500 more

At 2.5k,and no es...there will be noticeable losses for those who buy this.I am not trying to stir up any drama,but I have bought several LSF's that have come out from SS,and now that I see more LSF's coming out,I would like to use previous LSF's to fund future ones,much like what others do with 1/4 scale pieces,however its been nothing but money loss on the ones I have sold (except with Wolf Pred because they eventually had to stop production on him) though I haven't sold mine,but others like IM,and now Wolvie I am only getting low ball offers,or no offers as most will just go buy a new one at anytime from SS,and get better shipping rates,along with reward points.I get it that some ppl may just buy one due to space restrictions,but others who buy more than one will take significant losses,especially since we all know how addicting this hobby is in any scale.I am ok with some losses,but at a 25 percent loss of these price tags are a PF in itself at the least.I love this character,and this piece,but I cannot justify the price without an edition size,if I already know I will take a decent loss down the road from past experiences should I ever want to sell this LSF for another LSF.Damn you SS...by making these things more costly,and making them less exclusive is hurting the hobby,once others have experienced the continuous losses on open es,they will understand how bad of an idea it is to spend this amount of money on an item that is NOT limited at all....I bet my life that SS would never pull this crap on the 1/4 scale lines,if everything was 1/4 scale open es,there would be WAR

very few people on the forum buy those lsfs at full retail from other collectors, your best bet is to do it on ebay. But ebay charges 10% fee + 3% from paypal, so even if you sell for the original $2000, you lose $260 right off the bat.

I don't think people buying these High Ticket Items are worried about the aftermarket value. These aren't made for flippers.

I don't think people buying these High Ticket Items are worried about the aftermarket value. These aren't made for flippers.

To me it was a choice between Yoda or Vader. I'm going with Vader and I never thought of flipping him. I'll have him all my life. So good point man. However if Yoda was 2k I would've bought them both

very few people on the forum buy those lsfs at full retail from other collectors, your best bet is to do it on ebay. But ebay charges 10% fee + 3% from paypal, so even if you sell for the original $2000, you lose $260 right off the bat.

fees max out at $200. Best thing to do is never buy an LSF at retail, let someone else take the loss, so if you have to sell, you at least come close to breaking even. Only downside is if the LSF you get is damaged in transit.

To me it was a choice between Yoda or Vader. I'm going with Vader and I never thought of flipping him. I'll have him all my life. So good point man. However if Yoda was 2k I would've bought them both

I don't know how many times I read people planning on keeping statues for life, than a crisis comes up and they have to sell. If you can afford to drop $8-10k for a life size Vader, how does an extra $500 for this make any difference?

This has nothing to do with the Yoda statue, but I laughed when I saw that the work C o c k p i t was censored above. :lol

Ouch! I will not pay what they are asking for this piece.

By comparison, The Prime 1 Studios' Optimus Prime (which is 1" shorter on its base), has far more details and features than this 1:1 Yoda.
When you look at the two side-by-side, I don't think Sideshow can justify the $200 higher ticket for this item. Add to the fact that this piece is an open ES while Optimus is limited to 500.

GREED!

this is a fair and accurate assessment of this hobby at this scale. The market for these things is tiny. Most with (or without) the means and space who want it badly enough will pre-order or get it once inhand reviews are in. Selling down the road is an almost guaranteed loss, especially at the crazy prices SS is charging these days.

At 2.5k,and no es...there will be noticeable losses for those who buy this.I am not trying to stir up any drama,but I have bought several LSF's that have come out from SS,and now that I see more LSF's coming out,I would like to use previous LSF's to fund future ones,much like what others do with 1/4 scale pieces,however its been nothing but money loss on the ones I have sold (except with Wolf Pred because they eventually had to stop production on him) though I haven't sold mine,but others like IM,and now Wolvie I am only getting low ball offers,or no offers as most will just go buy a new one at anytime from SS,and get better shipping rates,along with reward points.I get it that some ppl may just buy one due to space restrictions,but others who buy more than one will take significant losses,especially since we all know how addicting this hobby is in any scale.I am ok with some losses,but at a 25 percent loss of these price tags are a PF in itself at the least.I love this character,and this piece,but I cannot justify the price without an edition size,if I already know I will take a decent loss down the road from past experiences should I ever want to sell this LSF for another LSF.Damn you SS...by making these things more costly,and making them less exclusive is hurting the hobby,once others have experienced the continuous losses on open es,they will understand how bad of an idea it is to spend this amount of money on an item that is NOT limited at all....I bet my life that SS would never pull this crap on the 1/4 scale lines,if everything was 1/4 scale open es,there would be WAR

Back