Star Wars Yoda Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the same time, just the fact that it costs $2500 and is 3 feet tall does limit who will be getting this one. What I mean is that even as a "limited edition", there won't likely be a lot of these ones made.

How long does SSC keep their limited editions available for sale? If they keep it available for more than 1 or 2 years then I completely understand the concern. Of course that will give me time to figure out how to get him. :)

This piece does look great...

this is a fair and accurate assessment of this hobby at this scale. The market for these things is tiny. Most with (or without) the means and space who want it badly enough will pre-order or get it once inhand reviews are in. Selling down the road is an almost guaranteed loss, especially at the crazy prices SS is charging these days.

Very rarely do I see pic's of these LSF's/ 1/2's in a Mansion. Its fairly regular Joe's who are buying these. I would bet a very large percentage of these are sold on a flex plan. So it is a good idea to consider the loss you will take if you need to sell. SS has just upped the percentage you will lose by over pricing this so much. I really wanted this to be the centerpiece of my Star Wars collection, but they have just taken all the financial incentive away from getting it. The ONLY way I think you could justify it would be if it were numbered, and a fairly small run at that. As you mentioned, the willing market for purchase will be almost fully satisfied after they cease production, but just like Wolverine, if a spike in interest arrises, BAM, back in production.

Very rarely do I see pic's of these LSF's/ 1/2's in a Mansion. Its fairly regular Joe's who are buying these. I would bet a very large percentage of these are sold on a flex plan. So it is a good idea to consider the loss you will take if you need to sell. SS has just upped the percentage you will lose by over pricing this so much. I really wanted this to be the centerpiece of my Star Wars collection, but they have just taken all the financial incentive away from getting it. The ONLY way I think you could justify it would be if it were numbered, and a fairly small run at that. As you mentioned, the willing market for purchase will be almost fully satisfied after they cease production, but just like Wolverine, if a spike in interest arrises, BAM, back in production.

A numbered release would affect how I felt about buying one of these. At least you know there is only 400 made, etc. I by no means look at it as an investment, since I intend to keep something like that my whole life. But like some have mentioned on this board.... hardships do happen and its good to prepare. Many Hot Toys figures would never sell at a loss, life size figures and busts are risky. I would gladly pay $1500 for Yoda but $2500 is way too hard to justify.

A numbered release would affect how I felt about buying one of these. At least you know there is only 400 made, etc. I by no means look at it as an investment, since I intend to keep something like that my whole life. But like some have mentioned on this board.... hardships do happen and its good to prepare. Many Hot Toys figures would never sell at a loss, life size figures and busts are risky. I would gladly pay $1500 for Yoda but $2500 is way too hard to justify.

I can't justifiy $2500 either. A lifesize Yoda is still pretty small. I really looked forward to this since the sneak pics from last year's SDCC.

fees max out at $200. Best thing to do is never buy an LSF at retail, let someone else take the loss, so if you have to sell, you at least come close to breaking even. Only downside is if the LSF you get is damaged in transit.

I don't know how many times I read people planning on keeping statues for life, than a crisis comes up and they have to sell. If you can afford to drop $8-10k for a life size Vader, how does an extra $500 for this make any difference?

Lol I know what you mean. However I'm expecting Vader to be at around 7.5k and its more wishful thinking on my part. Initially if Yoda was cheaper I would've just gotten him. Since Vader is more iconic I'm getting him. But even that is a maybe now. After thinking about it for a few days that's like 20 PFs I could buy lol

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Price, looking down, bug

Looking into Cyberman one. Although I would rather a statue over a "puppet".

All they had to do was pose like he is sitting on the tree stump. Would have be great.

Not until I have 20k to waste. :D

I know it is nit-picky, but why even have the bug on there? Can you even see it when setting up Yoda correctly? (without a mirror?)

If 2.5K included all taxes and shipping would anybody buy this?

Yup and all customs and crap then yes. I'd probably pay over $300 in taxes not to mention shipping to Toronto. This particular statue would end up costing me like $500 on top

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

I would like a cyberman too, but so far i haven't been able to contact him with pm's at rebelscum and the rpf board.
He must be busy making yodas!

In 5 years Yoda will be selling for 5k on ebay. I wouldn't compare him to those Legendary Scale figures. That whole line is stupid. Yoda may not have length but he has the girth.

It depends how many they make and if anyone else makes some lifesize Yoda's in the meantime.

If the ES is very low to low and nothing gets released, then maybe like the likes of the Scout Trooper it will do well on eBay, but in general there ain't that many people willing to spend $5000 on a collectible I suspect.

In five years shipping will be so outragious that you would have to charge 5K just to come close to breaking even.

If this was $2500 shipped I'd be all over it... but it's not. :(

In 5 years Yoda will be selling for 5k on ebay. I wouldn't compare him to those Legendary Scale figures. That whole line is stupid. Yoda may not have length but he has the girth.

Or people will be smart enough to buy a custom from someone like Cyberman for less than $3k. There is a point of diminishing returns where people are simply not willing to go past. Statues with such a high initial value will never gain as much on the secondary market in a relative sense as a 1/4 PF would.

If 2.5K included all taxes and shipping would anybody buy this?

I see your from Montreal so you share my pain in this. $2.5k for us would become $2,750 with the currency conversion. Add in shipping, taxes on $2750 and custom fees (they won't let such a high value item slip by) and we are talking over $3k.

In fact, thanks for bringing that up. It further solidifies that I don't want this anymore. The price is ridiculous.

When it comes to shipping, duty, taxes etc. it does seem we get nailed here in Canada harder than anywhere else in the world. Especially Quebec. When you consider these things are coming from our close neighboring country it's pathetic that we should be jealous of a guy who can get a life-size bust of Boba Fett shipped all the way to Australia for $110.

Back