Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG by Bioware

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm giving the game a second chance.

The Rakghoul plague really gave me a lot of hope..the zombie infestation was one thing I really loved in WoW.

And the way they had the news reports, updates, missions, vendor, etc.. It was just awesome.

If this game could be played offline for free and also be played online for a fee for special content and multiplayer, it would be loved. The problem is that it just doesn't offer enough value for what you pay. White Knight Chronicles is the kind of game format I'm talking about, that SWTOR should be more like.

Well, I haven't been playing for two weeks because I was waiting on a new computer..and wow. My server is completely dead now. Only a few handfuls of people on the fleet, no one in my guild has come on in the two days I've been back.
I wonder if they quit...5-6 of them are always on everyday since I joined.

I said "Wow, this game is dying.." in General chat and DAMN! The small group of people in the fleet were pissed.
Apparently I'm a troll, hater, complainer, and I should "GTFO" if I don't like the game. :lol

Seems like everyone's leaving the game, and the only people still hanging around are the ones who have never experienced an MMO before, or the ones in denial. :eek:

This time two years ago I couldn't have been more excited for this game. I literally felt like there was no possible way it could end up like this. Everyday I'd be reading comments on the forum with a smile on my face.
SWTOR was going to be the greatest MMORPG that ever existed...such a shame.

...wow... doing a bit of digging, they've lost a quarter of their subscribers in the past few months... and we a re coming up on the 6-month point for those subscribers. i wonder how many more they're going to loose..

this keeps up, F2P, or canceld by the end of the year.

for now, i guess ist's mysts of panda people beta for me.

With Diablo 3 hitting tomorrow, I bet TOR is going to lose even more subscribers in the next few months.

In all fairness, TOR has the best sub drop-off rate of any MMO after WoW. All MMOs have severed drop-off rates after the initial launch, TOR has lost the least amount, percentage wise. Their main issue is the population is spread too thin over so many servers. Server merges will begin to happen in early summer, and we'll see if that helps out server pops. They also need to implement a cross server dungeon/raid finder and more end game content.

...wow... doing a bit of digging, they've lost a quarter of their subscribers in the past few months... and we a re coming up on the 6-month point for those subscribers. i wonder how many more they're going to loose..

this keeps up, F2P, or canceld by the end of the year.

for now, i guess ist's mysts of panda people beta for me.

They'll lose mine after the 6 months, Im not re-subbing. Its great that they're adding new content etc... but seriously, there are still basic issues that should have been done before the game was considered agame you pay to play and it looks like they dropped even addressing some of the basic issues since the game is playable. Thats great for free games, but if I'm paying a monthly fee I expect above "playable". :dunno

In all fairness, TOR has the best sub drop-off rate of any MMO after WoW. All MMOs have severed drop-off rates after the initial launch, TOR has lost the least amount, percentage wise. Their main issue is the population is spread too thin over so many servers. Server merges will begin to happen in early summer, and we'll see if that helps out server pops. They also need to implement a cross server dungeon/raid finder and more end game content.
Aren't there several people who still have active subscriptions because they preordered though?

I think I read that the pre-order free time ends this month. Maybe not.

I can only see more and more people quitting. A few weeks after hitting 50 I think most people are realizing that there just isn't anything else to do. That they're basically beat the game.

They gave everyone a free month that had a level 50 character last month or so. I do think that of their active subscriptions, there's probably a decent sized portion of people who no longer regularly play. After June, once the initial 6 month sub is up, we'll have a better idea of active players.

They definitely need to fix the recurring bugs, merge servers and start introducing more in-game content. The Rakghoul Plague event last month was cool, they need to do more things like that too.

Thinking of going back to LOTRO. (Love the atmosphere in that game and it's free. Plus riders of rohan comes out this fall.)

^ I'm going to try out LotR soon. Right now I'm DLing DC Universe..doubt I'll like it, but who knows.

Been thinking about trying Age of Conan as well.

I need an MMO to fill this big hole SWTOR created...

I still want to play SWTOR, but one of the only things keeping me was the guild. And still, no one has come online. I know one of them pretty much quit for the SWG Emulator thing, and others were talking about it before my temporary leave..I might try that out.

I was looking around to see if there were any plans on a more advanced, MMORPG-like space system for SWTOR..like what I believe Galaxies had, and came across this quote...

"You remember that part where Han Solo and Chewbacca are in the Millennium Falcon? Han's like, 'Hey, Chewie, let's go into space, and let's just **** around. Let's go off in that direction and see if there is anything interesting'? Remember how they went off and there was this asteroid, and they mined the asteroid? Yeah, we couldn't find that either. Two things happened when you went to space. One: You took off to space when you wanted to go somewhere. You took off into hyperspace -- BAM! -- and got there. Two: You wanted to go to a battle or you were trying to go somewhere and someone stopped you. Uh oh! Giant exciting combat! ... That is why we did space combat the way we did."

Daniel Erickson

:thud: heart...broken... :pow

I was looking around to see if there were any plans on a more advanced, MMORPG-like space system for SWTOR..like what I believe Galaxies had, and came across this quote...

"You remember that part where Han Solo and Chewbacca are in the Millennium Falcon? Han's like, 'Hey, Chewie, let's go into space, and let's just **** around. Let's go off in that direction and see if there is anything interesting'? Remember how they went off and there was this asteroid, and they mined the asteroid? Yeah, we couldn't find that either. Two things happened when you went to space. One: You took off to space when you wanted to go somewhere. You took off into hyperspace -- BAM! -- and got there. Two: You wanted to go to a battle or you were trying to go somewhere and someone stopped you. Uh oh! Giant exciting combat! ... That is why we did space combat the way we did."

Daniel Erickson

:thud: heart...broken... :pow

whelp, that right there ensures that the game is going free to play.

Back