Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG by Bioware

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well count me out. MMO's are for fat kids with no friends. Not even fat kids with friends will play this piece of ^^^^. :lecture

I don't know about that. I'd say MMO's are for starving Chinese gold farmers too. :lol

I love MMORPGS, but never stick with them because of the requisite time commitment. Anyway, Bioware knows how to make a good game, and along with Blizzard, I couldn't think of any better companies to handle an MMO. This should be better than Galaxies.

I just heard about this and am ^^^^ing estatic.. I played Star wars galaxies for 3 years then quit after the whole "New game enhancement" fiasco. Im going to give this game a try though..ha

As a SWG-aholic for years, I will try this.

My god, I may need to buy a new computer now. And maybe divorce the wife... :)

As a SWG-aholic for years, I will try this.

My god, I may need to buy a new computer now. And maybe divorce the wife... :)

Yeah that's pretty much it. And with bioware doing it i can only imagine how addicting it's going to be. I loved playing around in SWG having the SW universe as your playground now it's gonna be even better.

(i hope we can hunt some krayt in this one :))

Everyone needs to understand that MMO's are not just for getting in groups and farming for hours anymore. Allot of the MMO's are now allowing for a single player experience where you can go through the whole game alone but just at a slightly slower pace. WOW is like that as well, you can get in groups if you like but most of the time when I played WOW I just soloed but occassionally asked for help with a mission if I got impatient.

Man, i woke up thismorning and checked the wookieepedia and found THIS...and for once i was glad to be awake at 430am.

I spent 2 years following the Galaxies development, worked beta throughout its testing and final phase. And i've played it through thick and thin, but i am excited to see a new Star Wars MMO and couldnt be happier that Bioware are working on it. This has made my christmas...early...for once :D

Anyone waiting for a console announcement shouldn't have much hope. Remember that SWG was planned to be on Xbox and PS2 up until release and even after that they said it was very possible. Neither version were ever released.

i'm just not interested in playing an MMO. i'd rather put the hours into a single storyline instead of this.

Hopefully Bioware will take heed to the fact that not everyone is an MMO fan and make it enticing to nonMMO players. There are ways around everything.

This has made my christmas...early...for once :D

Same, this is the best ^^^^ing news i coulda got. I can't ^^^^ing wait. But i will have to cause it's going to be a while before launch.

One thing is for sure, i'm drinking on launch day to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

would be fun playing this game with some freaks here. Im going to have to get a new pc for sure.. havent upgraded this old piece of crap since i stopped playing swg 2 years ago..

Looking at the screenshots , the graphics look iffy and the lightsabers look like oversized dildos. i guess the games nowhere near completion and these are just development screens.. I hope, cause you have to admit the graphics really are pathetic

I loved SWG before you reached your "End game". After that the PVP was much interest to me. I really Loved the jump to Lightspeed expansion when it came out, wish they just did more with it. Oh well , I cant wait to try this one out also, should be fun.

Back