Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is. :lecture

SW has always given us morsels to ponder and blanks to fill in ourselves. Like the bounty hunter on Ord Mandell. Was it Fett? Bossk? Someone not in the movie? Everyone gets to decide for themselves.

According to the audio drama released in 1983 called Rebel Mission to Order Mandell it was a Narithan named Foldrus. Not sure if the spelling is correct or if that story is even considered cannon.

It would've been pretty sweet if at the very last moment that Finn was going to ram the mini Death Star battering ram thingie, Luke's X-Wing swoops in and shoots torpedoes right dead center and blows up the whole thing along with a few of the AT-AT's being blown over by the blast. Then, Finn's attempted sacrifice wouldn't feel so pointless and Rose would look a lot better because she wouldn't have to make the decision to irrationally crash into Finn's go-cart thing while dooming everybody in the base because she thinks Finn's a dummy. Finn's Mario Cart could spin out after Luke's ambush and Rose would then come to save Finn and give him a little kiss before she drives them back to the base while dodging some laser blasts. I don't think people would judge her as harshly if something like that happened instead of that weird move she made during that scene.

I also think it would've felt right if Rey left R2-D2 with Luke and Leia pulled the sacrifice move instead of Holdo. Then you could have Luke start to return to his senses through his interactions with R2 and then finally deciding to come back to the fight after having a Force moment like Empire with Leia right before she pulls the hyperspace move.

With Luke back, you could build on Rey's character development by perhaps slowly turning the overused master-apprentice dynamic in Star Wars around and creating a father-daughter type relationship between those two characters. If anything is clear to me in this new trilogy, it's that Rey wants a family and parents that love her. Being sold by parents that didn't care about her at all can be built upon and add depth and humanity to her character, but it feels like a missed opportunity to not explore how that experience could leave her with a weakness and something missing in her life that the audience can relate to. Perhaps Luke and Rey could both strengthen each other while also rebuilding the Jedi Order with stronger more meaningful values that aren't based on the arbitrary, meaningless rules like the ones Luke criticized on Ahch-To and led to the fall of the Jedi in the prequels. Then, you would be able to give the credit for rebuilding the new Jedi to both the old generation of fans in Luke and the new ones that will carry the torch of Star Wars in Rey.

Those are just some of my ideas. Maybe a little too mushy, Heidi meets The Last of Us meets Star Wars, but I enjoyed thinking it up for fun.

Meaningful character arcs... logical decisions... making unlikeable characters slightly less chafing...

Submit your application to the writing team. They clearly need you :lol

Meaningful character arcs... logical decisions... making unlikeable characters slightly less chafing...

Submit your application to the writing team. They clearly need you :lol

Aww. thanks! No, I'm just a big dummy like Finn. Pay me no mind.

It would've been pretty sweet if at the very last moment that Finn was going to ram the mini Death Star battering ram thingie, Luke's X-Wing swoops in and shoots torpedoes right dead center and blows up the whole thing along with a few of the AT-AT's being blown over by the blast. Then, Finn's attempted sacrifice wouldn't feel so pointless and Rose would look a lot better because she wouldn't have to make the decision to irrationally crash into Finn's go-cart thing while dooming everybody in the base because she thinks Finn's a dummy. Finn's Mario Cart could spin out after Luke's ambush and Rose would then come to save Finn and give him a little kiss before she drives them back to the base while dodging some laser blasts. I don't think people would judge her as harshly if something like that happened instead of that weird move she made during that scene.

I also think it would've felt right if Rey left R2-D2 with Luke and Leia pulled the sacrifice move instead of Holdo. Then you could have Luke start to return to his senses through his interactions with R2 and then finally deciding to come back to the fight after having a Force moment like Empire with Leia right before she pulls the hyperspace move.

With Luke back, you could build on Rey's character development by perhaps slowly turning the overused master-apprentice dynamic in Star Wars around and creating a father-daughter type relationship between those two characters. If anything is clear to me in this new trilogy, it's that Rey wants a family and parents that love her. Being sold by parents that didn't care about her at all can be built upon and add depth and humanity to her character, but it feels like a missed opportunity to not explore how that experience could leave her with a weakness and something missing in her life that the audience can relate to. Perhaps Luke and Rey could both strengthen each other while also rebuilding the Jedi Order with stronger more meaningful values that aren't based on the arbitrary, meaningless rules like the ones Luke criticized on Ahch-To and led to the fall of the Jedi in the prequels. Then, you would be able to give the credit for rebuilding the new Jedi to both the old generation of fans in Luke and the new ones that will carry the torch of Star Wars in Rey.

Those are just some of my ideas. Maybe a little too mushy, Heidi meets The Last of Us meets Star Wars, but I enjoyed thinking it up for fun.

Good ideas in there, Boba Ben. Enjoyable read. :duff

Risking your life is risking your life. Attempting to arrive in person would have helped no one if:

1. He didn't get there in time
2. He was blown away by the AT-AT's

The movie didn't even suggest that he actually owned a real lightsaber anymore.

Arriving as force projection also would have helped no one as he DIDN'T TELL ANYONE about his "stall for time" plan - including Leia.:lol

What would be the point of any of those force projections?

Ben using force projection in ANH:

Right from his hut, Ben could have instantly contacted and had a discussion with Leia's father on Alderaan (or had him tell Ben to project himself to Yavin base,) told him that Leia's ship had been attacked, and that he's in possession of a droid containing death star plans (after R2 had shown Ben what he's carrying) so they could immediately send Rebel spies to view/retrieve them. Or Ben could create a "force-viewing link" between Leia's father (or others) and his hut so others could view the death star plans in the same way Rey views Kylo's guns (or simply use the type of "livestream" video-conference to Maz seen in TLJ.)

Yoda using force projection in ESB (backed by Ben as Force-ghost with physical world powers):

The Bespin battle would have gone differently if Yoda had shown up as a force projection, with Ben having Yoda's back with force-ghost powers, to help the unprepared and in-danger "last hope" Luke who is perhaps going to his death. Yoda and Ben being there would have rescued everyone including Han and together Yoda, Ben and Luke could have probably killed Vader if they chose.

Aww. thanks! No, I'm just a big dummy like Finn. Pay me no mind.

Nice ideas!:clap

If they had done even a couple of those things, the last third of the movie would have been way more satisfying.

This force projection conversation is the funniest and saddest I've seen since midichlorians.
Ugh... I still have nightmares. :lol

Anyway, linking minds is akin to them peering at each other through a window in space. They weren’t nigh physical manifestations, as Luke appaeared to be. He used a far advanced technique that can project both living beings and inanimate objects, with limited palpable interaction.

Both take a strong measure of knowledge and skill in the Force. It’s kind of ironic that the first wielders of each of these gifts (on film) died within the same span of time.

Ugh... I still have nightmares. :lol

Anyway, linking minds is akin to them peering at each other through a window in space. They weren’t nigh physical manifestations, as Luke appaeared to be. He used a far advanced technique that can project both living beings and inanimate objects, with limited palpable interaction.

Both take a strong measure of knowledge and skill in the Force. It’s kind of ironic that the first wielders of each of these gifts (on film) died within the same span of time.

What's hilarious, is that in TLJ Luke either knew that there was an escape path for the Rebels and didn't tell them, or he force projected for no apparent reason whatsoever. Did he know the rebels could escape, or didn't he? Aside from subterfuge, what other function did Luke's force projection have? Taunting? :lol It was a dumb plot device. Why couldn't Luke just Force-Skype Leia and say, "There's an escape route in the back. You're welcome." He gave his life for what amounted to a Jedi prank.

plot twist....

what luke did in the end pretty much sums up the immaculate conception.

jesus is a skywalker.

You can scrutinize and question practically every film out there, that isn’t deeply rooted in cinematic realism. Even then, a lot of writers simply want to tell interesting stories, while toeing the line of what’s imaginable.

So, you’re right. Sure... Luke could’ve just warned Leia and then proceeded to sit there on that rock, drinking titty milk and waiting to become of whatever use later on in Episode 9, assuming he didn’t kill over before then, that is. A lot of people might not like it, but I think Luke will likely have a greater role to play in the afterlife than even Obi-Wan.

What's hilarious, is that in TLJ Luke either knew that there was an escape path for the Rebels and didn't tell them, or he force projected for no apparent reason whatsoever. Did he know the rebels could escape, or didn't he? Aside from subterfuge, what other function did Luke's force projection have? Taunting? :lol It was a dumb plot device. Why couldn't Luke just Force-Skype Leia and say, "There's an escape route in the back. You're welcome." He gave his life for what amounted to a Jedi prank.

Luckily Poe worked it out. But being a mere male, there was every chance he wouldn't!

Force projection = Disney shoehorn nobody gets hurt with our new patented force skype...for Luke it was painless...why breakup in person when you can text....

Disney star wars= the power of I M A G I N A T I O N...Khev uses it a lot

A bloody and painful pisz > TLJ............itchy balls while wearing a straight jacket > TLJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back