Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.. I just got done watching it.. :lol It was funny... I agreed with probably 90% of it. Maybe more...

No question.. This film is a mess. A big mess.

:lecture

I'm over half way through.

Don't agree with everything (referring to Rose as Shrek?), but so much of it is straight to the point.

You could do this the OT, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be anywhere near this level of mess.

:lecture

I'm over half way through.

Don't agree with everything (referring to Rose as Shrek?), but so much of it is straight to the point.

You could do this the OT, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be anywhere near this level of mess.

You could do this with a lot of films I am sure.. But I am an idiot and even I noticed these problems when watching the film..

You could do this with a lot of films I am sure.. But I am an idiot and even I noticed these problems when watching the film..

But even if you didn't catch them all while watching TLJ, you knew it was a mess. (I can't believe that there were viewers who didn't see it as a mess).

And he doesn't even get started on the acting, unless I missed it.

The reaction to this film seems unprecedented. If you scroll down through the Youtube video titles on the right side of the screen you see negative upon negative reactions.

This one came up from the last:

And leads you to a whole load more negative titles.

This tweet succinctly explains how I feel about TLJ. Only I'm not sure if it's "important" in a good way.

It occurred to me while watching that it felt like the *best* instalment since Empire, but also the least Star Wars. And it if can't distinguish itself as a Star Wars movie, what's the point?

(And also, TLJ has more than its fair share of nostalgia)

mVCENiI.png

Last edited:
Rian Johnson already backpedaling on the "who are Rey's parents" issue:

It's been pretty funny seeing him having to justify every choice in the movie btw.

Episode IX: Damage Control, We Heard The Fans

Last edited:
So now it makes sense why Colin Trevor got fired he must have told kathleenkenndy this thing is a piece of crap and all they were considered about was continuing their stupid script.

I did not understand why the guy who made Jurassic park would get fired a successful reboot and update tons franchise that had gone stale would be let go, untill now.

And she thinks this guy is going to launch a new trilogy, really. Don't count your chickens before they hatch !!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good lord....I thought someone photoshopped in that halo she's wearing along with the cat lady glasses, but no...this self important see-you-next-tuesday is actually wearing a halo in the movie.

Yup :lol

I'm just going to leave this right here. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QJRw56cOVw

Wow. I started watching this video a couple days ago but paused it after a few minutes for some reason, it's amazing.
There is no way anyone would be able to genuinely defend this movie after watching this. Even if you could actually argue against half his points, there are still so many gigantic issues pointed out in the video :lol

Rian Johnson already backpedaling on the "who are Rey's parent" issue:

It's been pretty funny seeing him having to justify every choice in the movie btw.

Episode IX: Damage Control, We Heard The Fans

Ep IX.

Rey is mindwiped female Revan.

Good lord....I thought someone photoshopped in that halo she's wearing along with the cat lady glasses, but no...this self important see-you-next-tuesday is actually wearing a halo in the movie.

It gets better.

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gatalenta
Love and compassion were taught and practiced fondly by the people of Gatalenta, and crying openly was considered a virtue and proof of a caring heart

Really dug this one. Not without its flaws, but definitely overshadowed by the good stuff. Looking forward to seeing it again. Honestly baffled at the number of people who seem to loathe it, but to each their own.

Yup :lol

Wow. I started watching this video a couple days ago but paused it after a few minutes for some reason, it's amazing.
There is no way anyone would be able to genuinely defend this movie after watching this. Even if you could actually argue against half his points, there are still so many gigantic issues pointed out in the video :lol

Or some people can actually form their own opinions on movies that they view and do not need these opinions to be shaped and molded by strangers on the Internet :)

Or some people can actually form their own opinions on movies that they view and do not need these opinions to be shaped and molded by strangers on the Internet :)

Right, have fun forming opinions regarding giant plot holes, useless arcs and absurd character behavior.
Sure, you can turn a blind eye, but that's not forming an opinion, that's just ignoring major flaws to ensure that you still like the movie because it's Star Wars.

Another fear I have..Disney dystopian visions of Stars Wars..its getting there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back