Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. The only good and cool character in this crapfest of a series.
It feels like he's trapped in there... Heck, I'd be as onthe edge and angry if I was him.
:lol
The real reason why he smashed his helmet and didnt shoot Leia.
If I do I will be left in this ****fest on my own.

Since I avoided all spoilers prior to the film's release can someone enlighten me on the specifics of the rumored "Vampire Snoke" theory?

The rumored story was that Snoke was the greatest warrior from the Jedi Order in the Old Republic - who were in the midst of a great war with "Ren" - an entity that corrupted a large number of Jedi and made them his "Knights". Apparently this is where Rey first appears as the "Chosen One" who will aid the Jedi in their fight. Snoke is tasked with training her and unbeknownst to the Order, falls in love with her in the process. Once Ren is defeated (imprisoned via Rey's abilities) and the war is over, the Jedi then kill Rey citing she was "too dangerous to be left alive." Snoke then [goes full on Dracula and] pledges allegiance to Ren who makes him a deal: Ren will grant Snoke the power of immortality promising he'll one day see Rey again as the cycle of The Chosen One starts over and in exchange Snoke will free Ren with the reincarnated Rey's help. Posing the question: after thousands of years of hoping to see her again and pretty much giving up hope, would Snoke still wanna free Ren after meeting Rey in TLJ?

Again, a much more compelling story than the straight up troll Johnson gave us.

So you're gonna bash the OT to defend this garbage?

LMAO WTF is going in this planet????

Dude you are a sensitive little guy. I am pointing out that you are ignoring the similarities of issues from the OT just because you want to throw a fit about TLJ. I don't know what is going on in this planet....I live on the planet....not in it.

I actually explained this many pages ago. Luke did not make the map. He found the map of the first Jedi Temple location at some point after ROTJ in R2-D2. It was one of the files R2-D2 copied when he hacked into the Death Star in ANH.

Luke basically decided to go there to hide or search for answers, etc and the characters in TFA has been basically chasing for a map of the first Jedi Temple, not a map to Luke Skywalker.

People kept on saying the map to Luke Skywalker because they presumed that is where he went. Even Han said so himself.

Where was any of this in the film?

The rumored story was that Snoke was the greatest warrior from the Jedi Order in the Old Republic - who were in the midst of a great war with "Ren" - an entity that corrupted a large number of Jedi and made them his "Knights". Apparently this is where Rey first appears as the "Chosen One" who will aid the Jedi in their fight. Snoke is tasked with training her and unbeknownst to the Order, falls in love with her in the process. Once Ren is defeated (imprisoned via Rey's abilities) and the war is over, the Jedi then kill Rey citing she was "too dangerous to be left alive." Snoke then [goes full on Dracula and] pledges allegiance to Ren who makes him a deal: Ren will grant Snoke the power of immortality promising he'll one day see Rey again as the cycle of The Chosen One starts over and in exchange Snoke will free Ren with the reincarnated Rey's help. Posing the question: after thousands of years of hoping to see her again and pretty much giving up hope, would Snoke still wanna free Ren after meeting Rey in TLJ?

So you are mad that your fan fiction was picked as the real storyline. Got it.

So you are mad that your fan fiction was picked as the real storyline. Got it.

Lol nice one. You're a master of comebacks.

But no, said rumored plot for Snoke and Rey didn't have to be in the film for the film to work. I've said it before, they could have made Snoke a reincarnated evil Obi-Wan and Rey his descendant. I wouldn't have cared how far fetched it seemed as long as it would have been written well.

The writing in this movie, for everything sans the Porgs seems like a joke everyone besides Johnson is in on. Its just ludicrous and doesn't fit the SW mythos at all.

I have pure dread in my heart when I think about what Kathleen Kennedy has planned for Solo next year :horror

Han is a brash, womanizing, rough smuggler... I'm sure Kennedy has some "lessons" planned for us in Solo LOL!!

I am gonna go watch it the fourth time this week and maybe a fifth before the theatrical run ends.
I love it when people post this kind of crap. :lol
Like an angry baby yellin "I don't care if it's bad for me, I WILL EAT MORE AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!!!"

So many guys on here really seem to hate women, funny since Star Wars was the rare movie in its day to showcase a strong outspoken female.

I have no problem with Rose, don't understand why she is getting so much hate. Liked her outlook in the film, she's inspirational, this trilogies Samwise.

Holdo was better than I expected and had a very cool end to her story.

Rey is fine, the only real issue is that her training time was too accelerated.

wow, so now if someone doesn't agree with you "they hate women"... smh

Lol nice one. You're a master of comebacks.

But no, said rumored plot for Snoke and Rey didn't have to be in the film for the film to work. I've said it before, they could have made Snoke a reincarnated evil Obi-Wan and Rey his descendant. I wouldn't have cared how far fetched it seemed as long as it would have been written well.

The writing in this movie, for everything sans the Porgs seems like a joke everyone besides Johnson is in on. Its just ludicrous and doesn't fit the SW mythos at all.

It does fit into the SW mythos, from a certain point of view.....:lecture :)

Well, regardless of the final result, I’m glad it wasn’t this.

9S4d2yP.png

After watching the Last Jedi, I reeeeeally want to see Phil Lord and Chris Miller's version of the Solo movie. I mean, if Kathleen Kennedy gave Rian Johnson his own trilogy after seeing TLJ, but FIRED Lord and Miller because their film was "too comedic"... :rotfl It must have been like a Troma interpretation of Star Wars.

As you said Star Wars had a strong outspoken female lead way back when, and you never heard people complaining of it before because she was well written. Now that there are poorly written and shoehorned ones and people are complaining you assume all these men hate women. Heck Padme wasnt so well written and people didn't hate her because she was integral to the plot and not shoehorned in. The problem is with the defenders hurling out these baseless assumptions because they don't want to understand the hate. Don't attack people just because you don't agree.

What I see (with a few exceptions in every case) is people who didn't like it making valid points and the people who are defending it getting personal and calling the people who didn't like it loser cheeto encrusted nerds, women haters, people with too much time on their hands who want something to complain about etc.

And the bad reviews are 'trolls' or 'hackers' even tho if you look at this very thread or Reddit there are a lot of people with many issues with the movie.

I have two daughters and they want porg plushies as well and liked Rey and Finn(and love leia from before), whatever I may think of them (they hate Kylo). But they don't want a Rose figure or a Holdo figure for a reason.

And it's not because they 'hate women.'

well said. the script and handling of the character's was a ***** show. and there was a clear over tone of "men are hot headed or old and whiney, but women are balanced and will save us". You can have a positive message about strong women without pissing all over the male characters, but that's just my humble opinion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back