Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not judging anybody, but bear in mind that every time you watch this film a Porg is killed (and eaten by Chewie).

Actually that notion has been pretty soundly debunked with on-screen examples from the OT, PT, ST, script story meetings, theological and mythological inspirations for the Saga, etc.
It really hasnt, nor can you really being in examples from real life religion to explain what happened in a fictional one. At the end of the day what matters is what is intentionally in the movie. Everything else is just theory.

Not has there been anything in any movie up to the ST that shows a completely 100% untrained individual using the force to the extent Rey and Broom kid have.

Only sad thing out of this is that we won't get to hear your insider theory on episode 9. I was really hoping for you to top your Twillight Dracula fanfiction.

My "Twilight Dracula" fanfiction is Pulitzer-worthy compared to the *SS JUICE Johnson delivered with this movie.

Also, there was never an "insider theory". The Rey/Snoke stuff along with Luke crushing Star Destroyers with the Force and the Journal of The Whills explaining in detail Rey's "Alpha and Omega" origin all came from various rumors on Reddit.

Pretty much everyone on the internet wrote a better movie than Johnson.

So many guys on here really seem to hate women, funny since Star Wars was the rare movie in its day to showcase a strong outspoken female.

I have no problem with Rose, don't understand why she is getting so much hate. Liked her outlook in the film, she's inspirational, this trilogies Samwise.

Holdo was better than I expected and had a very cool end to her story.

Rey is fine, the only real issue is that her training time was too accelerated.

I'm listening. You are just talking nonsense that is either contradicted by a previous installments of the franchise or just simple logic. Plugging in fan theories that have no backing (in some cases straight contradoctions of established facts) or stating that complete plotholes have clear explanations so long as you are willing to buy a fan theory that no audience member should have been expected to fill in the gaps with as they were watching the movie.

I've heard every word you've said. All ive done is point out why your defences are simply wrong. And unlike you, I haven't resorted to a personal attack about any of it.

Force users need extensive training to use the Force (with more training the more extensive the feat), let alone win a Lightsaber battle against another force adept. You just can't get around that fact.

How is asking you to exit the franchise if you hate so much a personal attack? If your feelings are so fragile then you really shouldn't hang out here.

Khev has already tried to exhaustively explain why Rey has so much potential in the Force. The movie also explained that and I already explained why Kylo wasn't trying to beat Rey in TFA in the first place. Khev also added to that.

How about this? Explain how the **** Luke was able to start blocking blaster bolt within hours of starting his Force training? Does that look like he spent a decade of his life getting there? Don't even get me started on how he was able to even pilot an X-wing into battle without any actual combat training either.

Luke was also able to force grab his lightsaber in ESB despite Obi Wan not being around to teach him. Why don't you complain about that?

My "Twilight Dracula" fanfiction is Pulitzer-worthy compared to the *SS JUICE Johnson delivered with this movie.

Also, there was never an "insider theory". The Rey/Snoke stuff along with Luke crushing Star Destroyers with the Force and the Journal of The Whills explaining in detail Rey's "Alpha and Omega" origin all came from various rumors on Reddit.

The arrogance is astounding. It is ok, I will be waiting for your upcoming oscar nomination for best screenplay since you said you are writer. Anytime now.

:rotfl

I... Must Not... Give In.....

...Too Easy...

porgf5e77ddbjpg.jpeg

So many guys on here really seem to hate women, funny since Star Wars was the rare movie in its day to showcase a strong outspoken female.

I have no problem with Rose, don't understand why she is getting so much hate. Liked her outlook in the film, she's inspirational, this trilogies Samwise.

You can love women and still hate stereotyped, badly written, cliched, female characters.
Which is what Holdo and especially Rose are. Rose was a badly implemented marketing move and Holdo a bad plot device.
Neither were solid admirable or believable female characters, just more cyphers to achieve an objective.

So many guys on here really seem to hate UGLY women, funny since Star Wars was the rare movie in its day to showcase a strong outspoken female.

fixed that for you

You can love women and still hate stereotyped, badly written, cliched, female characters.
Which is what Holdo and especially Rose are. Rose was a badly implemented marketing move and Holdo a bad plot device.
Neither were solid admirable female characters.

Seemed pretty opposite of stereotypical female characters to me.

It is a nerd issue really. The nerd and geek fandom are so insecure about their masculinity that any perceive superiority to the other gender will threaten their balls so much that it will implode like the Death Star.

I mean i don't think Rose was a necessary character but to say she is the series Jar Jar Binks is taking it too far and less face it, if she was played by a more attractive actress you wouldn't hear the same complaints.

It is just disgusting to me that people thinks it is alright to **** on her so much because she is not a "hottie" and an Asian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back