Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi SPOILER DISCUSSION THREAD

Rey's parents - big let down (anything would have been better, they should have known better with the way fans were excited to find out)
Pushing the theme that anyone can be a Jedi, being Jedi is not as special as it was in the original trilogy - seeing scene with kid at the end felt a little bit like the prequels

Leia should have died - apparently Carrie's death didn't change the film, now we can look forward to another pointless death in episode 9?

Luke should have lived - figured they would kill him but hoped they wouldn't especially with Leia out

Snoke - let down, falling in the line with Phasma from the TFA, big build up - big let down
Also like Darth Maul being a super cool villain to just be killed off before we get any development with the character

movie was good in other aspects but my take has a lot of disappointment - sad to think I waited so long to see this and it has taken the excitement out of seeing episode 9, Luke was a saving grace that they killed - thanks Rian

Why is everyone treating what kylo said about reys parents as gospel?

He was trying to turn her. does not mean for one second that's her true heritage.

That's what I was hoping to believe, but this **** has been so drawn out now that if she ends up discovering her parents are somebody important or a past jedi in the next film I don't think many people will care. :lol

im just glad that tree rumor was false and she wasn't born from a tree.

still processing the film, i don't think it was as bad as some people on here think... but still not sure if i can say i liked it.

Slept on it. I think I just am pissed at rian for directing so poorly. This movie just didn’t feel like part of a trilogy. It felt like a one-shot. Really liked the Rey Kylo sequences. That had a lot of potential. But, uh....Rian decided to just demystify and downplay big points form TFA. I hope he loses the next trilogy. I’d much rather have JJ Abrams than Rian “turd” Johnson.

You know, I took this away from the movie. The Force (or the living force as qui-gon called it) is constantly trying to balance itself out. Luke’s Jedi Temple was swinging the balance way over to the light side, so the Force corrected that imbalance with a seed of darkness in Ben that brought it back to center. Then Ben overcompensates and it swings too far to the dark side. Rey is the Force’s Yang to Kylo’s Yin. Complete opposite in every respect, gender, training, background. I thought they were gonna team up, take snoke out and then start something new. No first order or resistance, some new way of approaching things from a neutral perspective. I felt like they went halfway there and then didn’t take the risk fully. They backed out and retreated to familiar territory of dark/light, but the damage was already done.

With all the negativity, no way this movie is worse than TPM and AOTC...and I know because the sequence I hate most (Casinò Planet) looks like a piece of AOTC.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk

Sorry, but this is complete BS when people use this argument to say they're not made for adults:

Toy Story - my kids and I enjoy them equally... because they're good.

Star Wars or not - this is a bad movie - period.

Presenting your personal opinions as "facts", doesn't really make for a good argument either.

It felt like Johnson was blatantly trolling the audience throughout the entire movie.

You think I'll have Snoke be a powerful Dark-sider? Wrong.

You think I'll give Rey a meaningful origin and journey? Wrong again.

You think I'll give you a BADASS Luke Skywalker? Sooooo wrong.

You think I'll take it easy on the comedy and Porgs? Tragically wrong.

You think I'll actually give Phasma something to do? Painfully WRONG.

You think you'll like this movie? HAHAHAHAHA wrong, baby. Wrong.

Oh my god I agree with you.

Well this movie seems polarizing. You either like it or think it's the worst movie ever made. I'm going to see it tomorrow (but read all the major spoilers) and i'm expecting a good looking action movie with a bad script.

Talked to a friend who saw it last night and he liked it. A few nitpics here and there, but nothing bad enough to compare it to a piece of bantha poodoo.

I really think they need to make a 5-10 years gap between EP8 and 9 stories. Let Kylo build his own Empire (with the Knights of Ren) and let Rey fully explore the Force (and gather some force-sensitive allies).

That's the big problem for me right now. It's like TFA and TLJ are just one big rushed movie and it doesn't help the lore or character development. It feels like 2/3 of the new trilogy took place in 2-3 weeks. Compared to the OT (and even PT), there's nothing to fill between the movies right now.

Anyway, i'm still eager to see the movie ;)

Agreed. Convenient how fans hold the current films accountable for such things but completely forget how these things played out in the OT. I just don't understand why the current films can't be judged on their own merit or why the OT is put on the tallest pedestal known to man. Nothing that we see now will ever come close to recreating the magic of seeing something like Star Wars for the first time. Nothing.

Good points. OT had a **** ton of flaws too. They weren’t amazing like some believe. What they represented to young minds was amazing.

Did I just watch a ****ing movie whose sole entire premise was built upon the fact that the BAD GUYS WERE UNABLE TO CATCH UP TO THE GOOD GUYS!

Did they really keep cutting back to the dumbest chase in cinema history!

Last edited:

With all the negativity, no way this movie is worse than TPM and AOTC...and I know because the sequence I hate most (Casinò Planet) looks like a piece of AOTC.

No other movie pissed me off. This one did. Couldn't wait for it to be over.

Like Mark Hamill has said previously. Don’t go in with high expectations. Don’t expect this big thing. They’re going to be able to recreate what they did in the 80s

Your only setting your self up for disappointment.

He was so right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well this movie seems polarizing. You either like it or think it's the worst movie ever made.

Happens every single time whenever a nerd based film comes out in theaters.

It’s not the worst movie ever. It’s an OK movie. But it failed to deliver on many fronts.

'Oh wow, I wonder who Snoke is and where he's from. Oh, I guess he's dead.'
'I wonder who Reys parents are, the previous movie made it seem like a big deal. Oh, they're nobodies.'
'Last movie ended on a cliffhanger with Luke, I wonder what he'll say to Rey. Oh, he does a funny.'

I really hated how the movie ****s all over the mysterious that were built up in the previous one. And that stupid beginning scene with Hux and Poe just made me cringe. Finn and Rose were pointless filler. The only scenes I liked were the ones with Kylo and Rey. Kylo is the only thing I like from the ST.
Also, what's the point of the last scene? Implying that the Resistance is going to use child soldiers since they're low on personnel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back