Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the movie.. it was great. For me, it's way better than TFA.

Master Jedi Luke's performance here.. is badass. He got an applause from the whole audience in my theater at the peak of his performance.

Lotsa cool fight scenes, and unpredictable twists.

It's just.. wow.

So many heroes here.. worthy sacrifices.

So I have to ask..Is Luke naughty or nice with Rey and the Force :lol

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi SPOILER DISCUSSION THREAD

yeah but they should've did more back story as to how Jar Jar became a jedi

Yeah I didn't see that coming at all...but man he delivered. A huge leap forward from the character he was in the prequels.

Was able to catch an early screening. I loved it! Bold...it will be divisive for sure with the direction it takes. But everyone complained that TFA was too safe and a copy of ANH. Well those same people will complain that TLJ changes things too much. LOL I won't post spoilers yet. Rian Johnson has done something no other director in the SW saga has. You have to see it. It is a shame some of the big twists were leaked online and have created quite a stir. The way they are handled on screen are so much better and you understand why and it resonates. Quite an emotional film. My wife who could care less about SW was tearing up. Whatever you have read cannot be properly given the right context on a forum.

What did you think Wor? Not a replicate, not a throwback, just a new Star Wars movie that stands on it's own. There was one little thing that bothered me, but not a big deal.

ESB
ANH
ROTJ
TLJ
R1
TFA
Diarrhea
Diarrhea
Diarrhea

Both more favorable than my opinion.

I felt it was disjointed and structurally a mess. Many storylines were all for nothing. Repetitive beats on the extended 4th act. Some really strange choices. Some things drawn out too long (like the "training" of which there was very little training but lots of talk about doing it) and other things were rushed and felt plugged in (like Phasma). And in the end I walked away knowing not much more than I did when I entered the theater.

On the positive, it had a great opening adventure. The "silence" moment was amazing. Big surprise with Snoke. Some really great comedy bits.

This is intended to be a spoiler thread. Why are people who saw it reluctant to post any spoilers? :lol

You know, the good stuff. Does Luke turn to the DS? Does Rey join with Kylo? Does Kylo turn to the LS? Does Finn start down the path of becoming a Jedi?

Haven't seen the film yet myself, but don't mind spoilers at all.

Just saw the movie.. it was great. For me, it's way better than TFA.

Master Jedi Luke's performance here.. is badass. He got an applause from the whole audience in my theater at the peak of his performance.

Lotsa cool fight scenes, and unpredictable twists.

It's just.. wow.

So many heroes here.. worthy sacrifices.

Never thought I'd be so hype for a star wars movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something weird is going on here. People are reacting so positively to the movie in the early reviews, with some saying that it is perhaps a little "safe", yet the leaks are being received so negatively and are definitely not "safe". Something doesn't quite add up. Is this all just major misdirection?

Safe = all the familiar SW beats
Unsafe = unexpected plot twists?

So.... I guess Disney should have went with George's overall ideas for the new Trilogy but found someone else to write and direct, correct? It's what should have happened with the Prequels too. Son of a B!!!

Well, George tried to offload directing duties but no-one wanted to have him breathing down their neck.

Redeemed in part by a solid final half-hour

So like RO, it will be mainly remembered for the final act?

This is intended to be a spoiler thread. Why are people who saw it reluctant to post any spoilers? :lol

You know, the good stuff. Does Luke turn to the DS? Does Rey join with Kylo? Does Kylo turn to the LS? Does Finn start down the path of becoming a Jedi?

Amen to that. Spoliers will not ruin my movie going experience. If you guys have some , please post them. What's the big surprise regarding Snoke? Is he Darth Sidous or Anakins father? Does Luke, Kylo or Poe Dameron die? :)

Click at your own risk. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Click at your own risk. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Interesting. And what is Rey's place in all of this? :lol

So like RO, it will be mainly remembered for the final act?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Amen to that. Spoliers will not ruin my movie going experience. If you guys have some , please post them. What's the big surprise regarding Snoke? Is he Darth Sidous or Anakins father? Does Luke, Kylo or Poe Dameron die? :)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Interesting. And what is Rey's place in all of this? :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back