Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone so bitter on here ? Your lucky your getting such high quality movies. Alas the most recent comments definitely are right on the money. It's time to get rid of the old folks and create some new stories. Just like Lucas probably shouldn't have control over the franchise anymore, neither should the "ot nerds ".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem isn't that they are moving on from the old and creating new stories with new characters. The problem is how they're going about that.

They could have treated the old with some respect. Instead they treated them like **** on the bottom of their boots. Scraped off for the new **** to take it's place.

As expected :lol

Here's what Peter Debruge at Variety had to say:

"As it turns out, although “The Last Jedi” meets a relatively high standard for franchise filmmaking, Johnson’s effort is ultimately a disappointment. If anything, it demonstrates just how effective supervising producer Kathleen Kennedy and the forces that oversee this now Disney-owned property are at molding their individual directors’ visions into supporting a unified corporate aesthetic — a process that chewed up and spat out helmers such as Colin Trevorrow, Gareth Edwards, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. But Johnson was either strong enough or weak enough to adapt to such pressures, and the result is the longest and least essential chapter in the series."

Kyle Smith at the National Review had this to say:

"The latest film in the long-running saga is an unoriginal, tone-deaf mess.

Redeemed in part by a solid final half-hour, The Last Jedi (henceforth TLJ) is not (quite) as bad as the prequels, but it’s like hearing 1980s hits as played by a mediocre cover band. So many elements in Episode VIII are recycled that it could have been called Rerun of the Jedi."

As expected :lol

Here's what Peter Debruge at Variety had to say:

"As it turns out, although “The Last Jedi” meets a relatively high standard for franchise filmmaking, Johnson’s effort is ultimately a disappointment. If anything, it demonstrates just how effective supervising producer Kathleen Kennedy and the forces that oversee this now Disney-owned property are at molding their individual directors’ visions into supporting a unified corporate aesthetic — a process that chewed up and spat out helmers such as Colin Trevorrow, Gareth Edwards, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. But Johnson was either strong enough or weak enough to adapt to such pressures, and the result is the longest and least essential chapter in the series."

Kyle Smith at the National Review had this to say:

"The latest film in the long-running saga is an unoriginal, tone-deaf mess.

Redeemed in part by a solid final half-hour, The Last Jedi (henceforth TLJ) is not (quite) as bad as the prequels, but it’s like hearing 1980s hits as played by a mediocre cover band. So many elements in Episode VIII are recycled that it could have been called Rerun of the Jedi."

Yikes! At least JL doesn't get all the so-so /bad reviews this year!:lol

So far, it seems to be scoring quite well on both RT and Metacritic. There are far more positive reviews than there are negative. For now.

One thing that I want to know is how does Luke have Jedi clothes for Rey if he has been alone on the island. How can he have Jedi clothes that fit a young girl ? :dunno

I know that’s a insignificant detail but I always wonder . Even if Luke was married, i’m Sure his wife’s clothes weren’t Jedi garbs. Unless they say that what Rey is wearing are actually petite male Jedi clothes :slap

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi SPOILER DISCUSSION THREAD

Can you at least tell us if the lightsaber duels were any good ?:)
I'm watching this Thursday night at 10:45. Cant wait !!!!

If there is no sex in this film I'm gonna hate it!...I'll even be ok with it if its Rey with a strap on forcing a porg to bite a pillow....more wine

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi SPOILER DISCUSSION THREAD

Can you at least tell us if the lightsaber duels were any good ?:)
I'm watching this Thursday night at 10:45. Cant wait !!!!

I think the lightsaber usage was great. 1 stuck out particularly to me ;)

So far this movie sounds like a passable POS.

There's no way it can be as bad as the POEGS (Piece Of Even Greater S***) PT though.

One thing that I want to know is how does Luke have Jedi clothes for Rey if he has been alone on the island. How can he have Jedi clothes that fit a young girl ? :dunno

I know that’s a insignificant detail but I always wonder . Even if Luke was married, i’m Sure his wife’s clothes weren’t Jedi garbs. Unless they say that what Rey is wearing are actually petite male Jedi clothes :slap

1. When has Star Wars ever delved into logistics?

2. "young girl" -- Daisy Risley is 25 years old and 5' 7." She's as tall as Tom Cruise.

3. She also wears simple clothing, bordering on rags and wraps. It's not exactly Queen Amidala's wardrobe. I guess Luke's weird alien helpers made them for her.

Just saw the movie.. it was great. For me, it's way better than TFA.

Master Jedi Luke's performance here.. is badass. He got an applause from the whole audience in my theater at the peak of his performance.

Lotsa cool fight scenes, and unpredictable twists.

It's just.. wow.

So many heroes here.. worthy sacrifices.

A 25 year old British hottie shows up with a hero-worship complex for a marooned-on-island older dude who hasn't seen a woman in years. Truthfully, I'm not sure whether he has some clothes that fit her or not would be the first issue to deal with.:lol

1. When has Star Wars ever delved into logistics?

2. "young girl" -- Daisy Risley is 25 years old and 5' 7." She's as tall as Tom Cruise.

3. She also wears simple clothing, bordering on rags and wraps. It's not exactly Queen Amidala's wardrobe. I guess Luke's weird alien helpers made them for her.

You guys know that Rey is only supposed to be 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back