Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi SPOILER DISCUSSION THREAD

Presuming I make it, where does one apply for the medal that reads: "I made it to the end of The Last Jedi" ?

Hate that Luke went out like a *****...how this gets 9 stars is beyond me.
Hope Luke has a role to play in the last part. I'm not surprised at all that Hamill was disappointed with this monstrosity.

The movie is just ......

Ughh

Stupid

Too many stupid things, who approved this dreadful movie?

It's a Star Wars movie made for the Marvel movie generation. A piece of hollow, shiny, loud disposable entertainment, designed to fill a release slot first and foremost, and that works only as long as you don't think too much about it, with precious little true ambition beyond that. To me, this is not a good thing, but casual audiences will probably love it, right before the forget all about it until the next one comes along.

Nail. Head. I say this as a huge Marvel comics fan going on 30 years. Just because it works for Marvel it doesn't mean Star Wars should do the same.

So the kid with the broom wants to be Luke Skywalker. In that case I'd advise him to watch the OT and skip the ST, because it's better not to see your heroes make an ass of themselves.

And, "Hi, I'm Poe. I'm your best friend's lover."

Ready for my medal now.

Something else that bugged me haha

Luke walks out to face the first order and buy some time for the rebels to escape. Then why the hell did he not tell anyone where the back ****ing door was that he used to get in?

Edit - sorry forgot about astral projection Luke. Still stupid though :rotfl

Just got back from seeing it. I loved both TFA and RO but this was a big let down. Every scene or scenario seemed like it was directly taken from Empire or Jedi. You can’t do that **** two movies in a row!

Starts with big battle. Proceeds to plot of heroes being chased in a ship that can’t jump to hyperspace while the other main character is off training to be a Jedi on a remote planet. Then the double cross, and throne room scene thrown in from Jedi for good measure. Revelation of parentage. Really all that was missing was someone losing a hand.

And the only really different storyline was the Finn stuff that seemed completely shoved in to give him something to do and a cast member to appeal to Asian audiences. Also, way to end the middle chapter of your trilogy with zero hanging plot threads that the audience is looking forward to seeing resolved, a la Empire or even The Two Towers.

I don’t really care that Snoke and Phasma got killed. Killing Luke seemed like a waste for Ep. 9 though.

I dunno. Maybe it was just the 300 lb guy next to me chomping away with his mouth open on his refillable bucket of popcorn that soured my experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Killing off the most powerful bad guy so the other weaker bad guy who got schooled by a untrained girl is left does not seem like a good idea. Kyle is a weak punk. He is not fit to carry Vader's jock. Does not bode well for the next episode.
There was a 300 pound guy taking up two seats behind me but thankfully he was far enough away that no chomping was audible.

So, now that it's sunk in, how does it feel to know this is now canon?

40 years of lore... pretty much flushed down the toilet :(

As far as I'm concered Star Wars ended in 2014 with the release of the last few bits that were sanctioned under George (Clone Wars S6, Darth Maul comic).

Everything after is fanfiction to me. Some of it good, some not. Like a car crash i can't stop looking.

When those two female comedians accused Louis CK of 'bating in front of the them while hanging out in his hotel room, claiming that they sat watching in disbelief until he finished himself off, I found their story puzzling. Why would you sit watching that mess instead of walking out of the room? I'm ashamed to admit, I blamed the victims.

Then I sat through The Last Jedi. I regretted my sobriety within the first 20 minutes. It was arguably worse than the Holiday Special, but I couldn't pry myself from the train wreck. I should have left the theater and asked for my money back. It was a full frontal assault on all of my senses. I feel violated, and I'd like to apologize to those two brave women who came forward. I get it now. #METOO.

Well I vowed after TFA to never give Disney my money for SW ever again. And I stuck to it. But my friend insisted on taking me, same way he tricked me into seeing Rogue One last year.

Unfortunately, he got tickets for the wrong show so I had to watch this 3 hour movie in Japanese. Yes, I live in Japan, but my Japanese is nowhere near good enough to understand all this nonsense about hyperdrive tracking, etc. Good thing I read ALLLL the spoilers beforehand.

I don't know if this was a weird ass movie cause I saw it in Japanese, or if it was just a weird ass movie.

My Japanese buddy eagerly laps up these big corporate movies like Old Man Luke slurping green titty juice. He actually cried at Rogue One and loved TFA. He left this movie basically saying "WTF did I just watch?"

I didn't laugh at any of the "humor" but I did snort with derision when they showed Snoke's dead dumb face laying on the ground. I also felt bad for Chewie for not getting to take a bite of porg. It looked really good, like a roast chicken. Poor Chewie.

After about 2 and a half hours when it was finally almost over, the Falcon comes in to save the day. Rey is on board. Did I miss something? When the eff did Rey get back on the Falcon after the big ship got blown apart??

I found the casting of TFA pretty insufferable but it was even more blatant this time....PEOPLE OF COLOR!!! SEE?? SEE HOW PROGRESSIVE WE ARE??? WE HAVE PEOPLE OF COLOR!! ANS STRRRRONNG WOMMMYNN! WOMEN CAN BE PILOTS!!!

Who the hell was that hideous woman with the beak like nose? Was she CGI or is she a real person that fell outta the ugly tree? What did that schnozz look like in 3D Imax??

I...did not like this movie. I know it's not fair cause I made up my mind two years ago that I would hate it cause I hated TFA so much. I was pretty close-minded all along. But then they went and made a terrible, weird, awful movie so I guess sometimes first impressions are right.

I still like Luke. I'd buy a toy of him in his Astral Projection outfit. I'd just pretend it was from a different canon.

Did anyone else think of Twin Peaks during that Rey reflections scene?

When those two female comedians accused Louis CK of 'bating in front of the them while hanging out in his hotel room, claiming that they sat watching in disbelief until he finished himself off, I found their story puzzling. Why would you sit watching that mess instead of walking out of the room? I'm ashamed to admit, I blamed the victims.

Then I sat through The Last Jedi. I regretted my sobriety within the first 20 minutes. It was arguably worse than the Holiday Special, but I couldn't pry myself from the train wreck. I should have left the theater and asked for my money back. It was a full frontal assault on all of my senses. I feel violated, and I'd like to apologize to those two brave women who came forward. I get it now. #METOO.

what a ****ing stupid post

watching a movie is not the same as sexual harassment

You had to watch it just to be sure that people hadn't misrepresented how poor it was.

Oh, and why the hell are so many of you guys going AGAIN? It's not gonna be a different movie a day later! Didn't learn anything after seeing The Phantom Menace 6 times in row?

So good.

That is all.

Close to perfection.

Go on Luke, go and dust yo shoulders off

You had to watch it just to be sure that people hadn't misrepresented how poor it was.

Seriously, Disney must have paid people for the unanimous praise it received. When Luke was milking the space dinosaur, I'm pretty sure it was a metaphor symbolizing Disney's motives for purchasing the franchise.

what a ****ing stupid post

watching a movie is not the same as sexual harassment

Yes it is! I'm a victim. Don't question the validity of my experiences! #METOO

Has Star Wars taught you guys anything?

Luke isn't really gone... for **** sake.

There is no sadness at the end of the movie. It's brilliant.

Ying and Yang there is a balance in life.

I also like the fact they incorporated the Ying and Yang symbols with the two sisters.

Brilliant.

Brilliant character development from any film IMHO.

Everyone had an interesting story arc and it wasn't contrived or forced.

I believe it all.

As far as I'm concered Star Wars ended in 2014 with the release of the last few bits that were sanctioned under George (Clone Wars S6, Darth Maul comic).

Everything after is fanfiction to me. Some of it good, some not. Like a car crash i can't stop looking.

Regrettably for me, I have had to erase TLJ and TFA from my archive memory

image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back