Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi SPOILER DISCUSSION THREAD

TLJ did it’s job just fine of showing all that’s left of the resistance is in the Millennium Falcon, setting the stage for the Ewoks to save their ass again. Who do you think they’re signaling with the beacon?

They need them to pelt the FO Stormtroopers with stones. Weaponry the resistance could never have. :lol

Right. Like I said, you're essentially saying if Luke's going to kill someone, at least kill them when they're awake/in battle and not asleep, because there's indeed a big difference. Correct?

So if Luke engaged Ben Ren in a lightsaber duel with the intention of striking him down, you'd be fine with that, yes?

How are you making this jump with me? For me, Luke never gets to this situation. I thought I’ve made that pretty clear. Not sure what you’re trying to say with the whole steelman set up.

“representation matters.”

women and people of color, and the misogynist, racist, classist

his toxic masculinity

so-called alt-right

Damn so close. Just needed "white privilege" for Bingo :gah:

Credit to Rian for not full retreading esb, but what we got felt nothing like star wars imo. None of that had anything to do with the ethnicity of the characters. It had everything to do with humor, language, motivations that didn't really fit in a star wars movie.

I know some didn't dig it, but Rogue One still delivered everything I needed in a Star Wars movie while being different enough to feel like it's own thing.

How are you making this jump with me? For me, Luke never gets to this situation. I thought I’ve made that pretty clear. Not sure what you’re trying to say with the whole steelman set up.

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you unhappy with Luke contemplating killing his nephew in his sleep, or contemplating killing his nephew at all under any circumstance? If the latter, I'm not sure what relevance his nephew being asleep would have.

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you unhappy with Luke contemplating killing his nephew in his sleep, or contemplating killing his nephew at all under any circumstance? If the latter, I'm not sure what relevance his nephew being asleep would have.

Implies cowardice, which is further antithesis to Luke.

0ROed16.gif

Well since lando did not show up on this one watch him be in charge of the other resistance, which would mean nothing since they would off him to complete closure now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you're simply unhappy with him contemplating killing him in his sleep then?

No. Like I said, that only further contradicts Luke’s character. It was contradicted in the first place when he debates killing his nephew at all.

No. Like I said, that only further contradicts Luke’s character. It was contradicted in the first place when he debates killing his nephew at all.

So if you're opposed to Luke killing his nephew at all under any circumstance (even if he engaged him in a lightsaber duel with the intent of killing him because he's evil) then what difference does it make if he's asleep or not?

I'm about to drop out of society and start again taking mushrooms LSD and peyote after this film.
(and it still wouldn't make sense)

Oh and **** Rose!! Stupid character!

So hear we go. I’ve been reading all of your thoughts on the movie since I got back from seeing it. Here are mine:

The moment Luke tossed the saber Rey brought to him through all of the struggles and drama of TFA and through all of the history of that hilt over his shoulder, I should have stood up and walked straight out of the theater.

Contemplate to irony of waiting 34 years to see Luke back in action, and the first thing he does is try to murder a Youngling. I’m done...

Done with Star Wars or done talking about TLJ? Was there anything that you liked about the movie?

I can say after watching the movie I have zero interest in owning Snoke. What a chump.

So if you're against Luke killing his nephew at all under any circumstance (even if he engaged him in a lightsaber duel with the intent of killing him because he's evil) then what difference does it make if he's asleep or not?

If Rian must absolutely take the character in this direction and put Luke in the scenario where he seriously questions killing his apprentice —a direction I’ve made pretty clear I disagree with, it only further adds insult to injury to debate doing it in such a cowardly way that further takes away from his already compromised character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back