Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi SPOILER DISCUSSION THREAD

No one has mentioned that HORRIBLE Yoda puppet. Hopefully for the special edition they will digitize him.

He was pretty cheap. But so was the puppet in Return of the Jedi.

Anything with Jedi in the title = bad Yoda puppet

How long is a Mon Calamari cruiser?
Mchomeone2a.jpg

las-claves-de-oumuamua-el-asteroide-mas-largo-de-la-historia-3-655x368.jpg
Do you think Admiral Holdo is on Oumuamua?

All of this talk about wasted characters... NOBODY got the shaft more than poor R2.

He was pretty cheap. But so was the puppet in Return of the Jedi.

Anything with Jedi in the title = bad Yoda puppet

Yeah the puppet used in Jedi was definitely a step down from the one used in Empire. Maybe two or three. And silicone-based puppet used in TPM didn't look much like the Yoda we knew. But this one... I felt like it was used in some cheap community theater version from Empire. A whole other level of bad.

I didn't stay for the end credits... was Frank Oz the puppeteer... or did it say?

Last edited:

Hi! Long term lurker and have never posted but TLJ has just changed that and the fact this forum appears semi-sane compared to much of the internet & mass media.

I've never been so stunned in a movie that I actually couldn't move at the end. I felt like I was a in a nightmare! It's Star Wars ffs. Oh Disney what have you done.

Anyway, posts like these below have helped - forum therapy, brilliant thanks all! At least I'm not alone.

Just seen it. Appalling from start to the tedious, drawn out end, absolutely awful, in every single department - writing, acting, vfx work, production design, editing, pacing.. even basic things such as the framing of shots was bad. At times - many, many times - it looked like a bad soap, or Doctor Who or something. Desperate. And beyond disappointing.

Genuinely shocked by how terrible it is. Pretty much the entire screening seemed to be in agreement judging by what could be heard being said as everyone left en masse; bolting for the exit the instant it finally stopped. Even a few people gamely asking for their money back in the foyer.

If I were Johnson, or any of the younger actors, I would be worried. There's no hiding what an awful film they've made. I'm amazed it got signed off for release, in all honesty.

Excellent. :)

This is the worst Star Wars since AOTC.

I think AOTC still holds up as Worst Star Wars film ever though. I think.

^^^^^^ This is exactly what I said to family on the way out of our seats (eventually). Though the more I analyze it the more I actually think its the worst but it is a hard decision.

What did they do to Luke ? Why did they never really use Phasma? Why kill her like that? What was the POINT of Snoke? BB-8 can drive AT-ST's (how the *&^% did he get in there?) Leia didn't implode in space? She can fly, is this Star Wars? Where are the Knights of Ren? Street urchins from Mary Poppins? So much cheesy humour. Hux's character went backwards. No danger, inconsistent, no character development, plot holes everywhere, no story, no climax!

I'm probably so angry as I feel like Seth F'in Rogen in Fanboys with Jar Jar Binks tattooed on his back forever. I was expecting so much but it seems Mark Hamill's initial reaction was bang on.
Rian Johnson has been promised a further trilogy too. Great, can't wait. . . . . . or did the reaction of preview audiences force them to release news like this as a backing for a film they knew a lot of SW fans are going to hate.

I've been back for a second showing with my kids and it wasn't as bad but then I didn't have that disappointment.
Anyway Hi the names Aidy, I'm a recovering Star Wars addict. Thanks for helping my suffering, at least I'm not alone.

Hi! Long term lurker and have never posted but TLJ has just changed that and the fact this forum appears semi-sane compared to much of the internet & mass media.

I've never been so stunned in a movie that I actually couldn't move at the end. I felt like I was a in a nightmare! It's Star Wars ffs. Oh Disney what have you done.

Anyway, posts like these below have helped - forum therapy, brilliant thanks all! At least I'm not alone.

Excellent. :)

^^^^^^ This is exactly what I said to family on the way out of our seats (eventually). Though the more I analyze it the more I actually think its the worst but it is a hard decision.

What did they do to Luke ? Why did they never really use Phasma? Why kill her like that? What was the POINT of Snoke? BB-8 can drive AT-ST's (how the *&^% did he get in there?) Leia didn't implode in space? She can fly, is this Star Wars? Where are the Knights of Ren? Street urchins from Mary Poppins? So much cheesy humour. Hux's character went backwards. No danger, inconsistent, no character development, plot holes everywhere, no story, no climax!

I'm probably so angry as I feel like Seth F'in Rogen in Fanboys with Jar Jar Binks tattooed on his back forever. I was expecting so much but it seems Mark Hamill's initial reaction was bang on.
Rian Johnson has been promised a further trilogy too. Great, can't wait. . . . . . or did the reaction of preview audiences force them to release news like this as a backing for a film they knew a lot of SW fans are going to hate.

I've been back for a second showing with my kids and it wasn't as bad but then I didn't have that disappointment.
Anyway Hi the names Aidy, I'm a recovering Star Wars addict. Thanks for helping my suffering, at least I'm not alone.

Welcome.

I think R2 knew better to sit this one out.

Honestly, if they're going to get rid of something it should be 3PO. He's worn out his welcome so long ago.

Why was this film allowed to fly through post-production without some significant re-shoots handled by Ron Howard?

Just got back. Very conflicted with this movie. I've allowed myself to come to grips that nothing will ever reach the OT, and going into this movie with that in my mind, I was nervous how I'd feel coming out. I'm not going to say I absolutely hate it, cause I did enjoy it(I find moments to enjoy in all of Star Wars films....even AotC). But so many things wrong; the wasting of Luke(and the complete switch of character, from redeeming his father to now only seeing evil in his nephew?), wasting of Snoke(hopefully we get a backstory book), flying space Leia, the utter waste that was Canto Bight after being hyped up with its own novel(even if it was barely ok at best)...more I'm probably just forgetting. Not sure if the bright spots can out do it. I will differ in my opinion where I think I like it more than TFA, but not by much. They tried being different but also being the same, and where it went it's own path, I liked....minus space flying Leia....but...I dunno. I think I might be hunting down New Jedi Order and Legacy books and diving in for serious rereading.

Why was this film allowed to fly through post-production without some significant re-shoots handled by Ron Howard?

Good question. Maybe they figured they couldn't take yet another "Star Wars reshoot" in the press. And they realized it would take more than a few reshoots to salvage this. So they went with their poor decisions.

No way this will make 2 billion. I'm wondering if it will actually make 1 billion. Sooner or later, Disney will not reach that bar with Star Wars. I think this might be the one.

Good question. Maybe they figured they couldn't take yet another "Star Wars reshoot" in the press. And they realized it would take more than a few reshoots to salvage this. So they went with their poor decisions.

No way this will make 2 billion. I'm wondering if it will actually make 1 billion. Sooner or later, Disney will not reach that bar with Star Wars. I think this might be the one.

Agreed - I don't think it was ever going to get the 2 billion mark, even if it was good. That type of figure is more anomaly than anything. The best they could hope for would be 1-1.5 at best.

There's new articles popping up in the last hour saying how much fans are hating it - calling it the worst ever made... and I think this will just be the beginning.

I just got home from TLJ and have absolutely no idea what I just saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back