Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.. cast of this Episode IV 2.0:

Luke/Leia - Rey
Leia/Luke - Boyega
Vader/Maul - Kylo Ren
C3PO/R2D2 - BB8
Obi Wan (first part) - Han Solo
Obi Wan (second part) - Luke
Han Solo - Oscar Isaac
Yoda - Lupita
Emperor - Andy Serkis
Boba Fett - Phasma
Tarkin - Gleeson

So.. cast of this Episode IV 2.0:

Luke/Leia - Rey
Leia/Luke - Boyega
Vader/Maul - Kylo Ren
C3PO/R2D2 - BB8
Obi Wan (first part) - Han Solo
Obi Wan (second part) - Luke
Han Solo - Oscar Isaac
Yoda - Lupita
Emperor - Andy Serkis
Boba Fett - Phasma
Tarkin - Gleeson

3sm7t.gif

this scene is as entertaining as...

violin-steve-buscemi.gif

POS scene.lolz

Wow. I hadn't seen that in ages, but it's worse than I remembered. Idiots just standing there waiting to be impaled. I can understand a second of shock, but dude took out the saber, revealed his true nature, flamboyantly flies across the desk, makes a crazy face, then attacks. C'mon guys. Yoda would be ashamed.

So, rumor is that Disney is keeping Jake Lloyd out of the spotlight, they're paying for his rehab, legal fees and most importantly to keep his mouth shut.

Media channels are all scrambling to be first to get him for an exclusive interview on how SW ruined his hollywood acting career and life.

Hey, whatever happened to Ahmed Best? :lol
I get that they would want to get him on the tabloid news shows now as a cheap bump in ratings, but it would have zero impact on the success of the new films, which he has nothing to do with. So, I'm not sure why Disney is going out of its way. But I guess the cost is negligible for them to attempt to avoid even a very small distraction from their carefully crafted marketing campaign.

They should let Cronenberg direct the next Star Wars spinoff. Not enough body horror and weird sex stuff in the new trailer for my tastes.

I love all the lightsaber duels in the PT. I don't go into these movies thinking I'm going to get a realistic fight for survival style combat. It's suppose to be flashy. That said, I thought Yoda's jump flips were ridiculous.

As legendary as Epsidoe IV is, the duel between Vader and Obi Wan would never work with today's audience. Take a look at Obi Wan's spin move at 0:35. :lol

It was quite a bad lightsaber duel but remember when this was filmed and how. And you could look at this duel like at a Samurai duel, which could take long time. And still I bet that everyone who watched SW back then on cinema was truly amazed by what was seen on screen. Which is not the case with Yoda vs Dooku scene... I was amazed at how stupid and hilarious that was, like Mario Bros jumping on mushrooms. As said by others Yoda should have not come with a lightsaber, but use the Force only. Dooku was great though.

Anakin vs Obi Wan on Mustafar in ROTS is another duel that makes no sense. Started ok, except the show-off saber scene:

tumblr_mva3m3yQNg1sjzbuao1_400.gif

That reminded me of something like this:

55930f7c3e1a7.gif

And when they started fighting on lava (with no protective suits) it became ludicrous.

this scene is as entertaining as...

POS scene.lolz

The other 3 Jedi died like some retarded old farts, which is stupid, considering who they were and even if you'd say Palpatine was so powerful. Uncle Jorge simply brought 3 Jar-Jars next to Windu...

ROTS is full of great Lucasian moments. :slap

I get that they would want to get him on the tabloid news shows now as a cheap bump in ratings, but it would have zero impact on the success of the new films, which he has nothing to do with. So, I'm not sure why Disney is going out of its way. But I guess the cost is negligible for them to attempt to avoid even a very small distraction from their carefully crafted marketing campaign.

I bet Nick Stahl wish he worked for Disney right about now. :lol

It was quite a bad lightsaber duel but remember when this was filmed and how. And you could look at this duel like at a Samurai duel, which could take long time. And still I bet that everyone who watched SW back then on cinema was truly amazed by what was seen on screen. Which is not the case with Yoda vs Dooku scene... I was amazed at how stupid and hilarious that was, like Mario Bros jumping on mushrooms. As said by others Yoda should have not come with a lightsaber, but use the Force only. Dooku was great though.

Anakin vs Obi Wan on Mustafar in ROTS is another duel that makes no sense. Started ok, except the show-off saber scene:

And when they started fighting on lava (with no protective suits) it became ludicrous.

The other 3 Jedi died like some retarded old farts, which is stupid, considering who they were and even if you'd say Palpatine was so powerful. Uncle Jorge simply brought 3 Jar-Jars next to Windu...

:lol :lol :lol

oh, and :exactly:

All I can say is that even if JJ Abrams does to Star Wars what he did to Star Trek, it'll still be better that what George Lucas has done to Star Wars.

ROTS is full of great Lucasian moments. :slap

There minds were clouded by the darkside... or something.

As silly as that scene was, I have to give credit to the actor playing Palpatine. He was probably the same age as Alec Guinness in ANH, yet he moves a lot better and his handling of the saber is also superior.

Pretty sure all or most of it was CG with McDiarmid's head on someone else's body. Any shot that actually looks like it really is McDiarmid is really short.

mcdiarmid always said he used a toad as a reference for palpatine. I just think he took the croaking too far. Lucas didn't pull him back at all because again.... Bad director.

Back