Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebert is a human being like everyone else. Who among us hasn't had an initial reaction to some film or another that changed pretty drastically over time? I initially didn't get the Big Lebowski, and now it's one of my favorites. Same thing happens with music and books.

So Cannibal Campout still has a shot. :yess:

No dvd collection is complete without Rambo or Rocky.

FB = great
Rambo 2 = fun
Rambo 3 = cheesy fun
Rambo 4 = gorier than most horror movies :lol

Rocky 1 = great
Rocky 2 - 50 = fun

I am NOT a fan of Blade Runner. It's just ok for me. I'm much more of a SW/Raiders guy. :lol

I see them a bit different.
FB - 10 out of 10
Rambo II - 5 out of 10
Rambo III - 3 out of 10
Rambo - 7 out of 10

Rocky - 10 out of 10
Rocky II - III - 8 out of 10
Rocky IV - 4 out of 10
Rocky V - 4 out of 10
Balboa - 7 out 10

But I can watch all the Rocky Movies at any time... Rambo 2 and 3 not so much. Looking forward to Creed

Anyways you are right no collection should be without.

oh and PT sucks :lol

Other than the visuals, effects and city, I don't like Blade Runner either. None of the versions.

I love the feel and look of Blade Runner. I use to go outside in the rain and pretend to be Deckard :lol

Story wise it's ok but it gets a solid A+ in all other areas from me... But I can easily see why people might not like it.

I see them a bit different.
FB - 10 out of 10
Rambo II - 5 out of 10
Rambo III - 3 out of 10
Rambo - 7 out of 10

Rocky - 10 out of 10
Rocky II - III - 8 out of 10
Rocky IV - 4 out of 10
Rocky V - 4 out of 10
Balboa - 7 out 10

But I can watch all the Rocky Movies at any time... Rambo 2 and 3 not so much. Looking forward to Creed

Anyways you are right no collection should be without.

Yeah those numbers are about right.

I'd add wardrobe and makeup.

I guess to a point, well done for sure I just wasn't a fan of the style.

You know what really irritates me about the PT, GL obsession with showing ships landing and taking off.

Every 5 minutes there was a ship extending its landing gears. :lol

I guess to a point, well done for sure I just wasn't a fan of the style.

You know what really irritates me about the PT, GL obsession with showing ships landing and taking off.

Every 5 minutes there was a ship extending its landing gears. :lol

Oh yeah, my bad, for some reason when I think about PT I only think about TPM :lol I never even bother with the other 2.

Liam Neeson, Ian Mcdiarmid and Ewan Mcgregor were good. Christopher Lee in what little he was too. I thought the art and character designs were great too.

And I know someone put the Episode I lightsaber duel and tore it apart, but that's still one of my favorite duels. Up there with Luke vs. Vader.

I LOVED DM's flip at the start of their duel the first time I saw it back in 99, it was so very bad ass.

But now it makes no sense, it didn't serve any tactical reason, he just wanted to show off with his arrogance.

I guess that's a good enough reason, but for me it now looks silly.

But yes, overall a great battle.

The sound of the lightsabers clashing is intense and powerful.

But I still prefer the duels from Empire.

Huh? How so? Other than the kills it is literally perfectly choreographed.

I don't know, it's on YouTube. It being perfectly choreographed is the problem they had with it. :lol I still love it though. The setting, the frenetic pace, three combatants, Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan getting split up, with the former getting visibly tired.

It made up for taxes, Jar Jar, and little Annie.

I LOVED DM's flip at the start of their duel the first time I saw it back in 99, it was so very bad ass.

But now it makes no sense, it didn't serve any tactical reason, he just wanted to show off with his arrogance.

That's the reason, he was showing off, he was having blast fighting 2 Jedis, he lives for that ****.

Besides it's a fight it lazer swords, there's no reason to go full realism :lol it's not even the most non-tactical fight in the entire franchise. But it is the best choreographed imo thanks to Ray Park.

I don't know, it's on YouTube. It being perfectly choreographed is the problem they had with it. :lol I still love it though. The setting, the frenetic pace, three combatants, Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan getting split up, with the former getting visibly tired.

It made up for taxes, Jar Jar, and little Annie.
It absolutely did :lol

No dvd collection is complete without Rambo or Rocky.

FB = great
Rambo 2 = fun
Rambo 3 = cheesy fun
Rambo 4 = gorier than most horror movies :lol

Rocky 1 = great
Rocky 2 - 50 = fun

I am NOT a fan of Blade Runner. It's just ok for me. I'm much more of a SW/Raiders guy. :lol

I'm not a huge fan of Rambo 3, but his itro in that film was awesome!

Right now WWEJEDI is like

kumo836.gif

:monkey3

I hadn't watched that saber fight in a few years, so I just rewatched it. I liked it, and still like it. Overall it's very effective and well choreographed. But it suffers from something I always hate from the prequels--the unnecessary baton twirling of the light sabers, and twirling/spinning around by the fighters. But it appeals to kids more I guess.

Please JJ, no more of this:

tumblr_mva3m3yQNg1sjzbuao1_400.gif

Yeah, TPM is such a mixed bag, so much of it is absolutely dreadful, but then the Darth Maul battle gives me chills. I just love when Obi Wan veers towards the dark side and uses his anger to school Darth Maul, so very cool! Then he falls down a shaft, and the scene goes down the proverbial toilet with his super Jedi flip that somehow astonishes Maul to completely drop his guard. Oh well.

My absolute favorite lightsaber duel will always be Empire, just love how Vader is toying with Luke the whole time and then Luke gets in a good hit and Daddy loses his ****.

I hadn't watched that saber fight in a few years, so I just rewatched it. I liked it, and still like it. Overall it's very effective and well choreographed. But it suffers from something I always hate from the prequels--the unnecessary baton twirling of the light sabers, and twirling/spinning around by the fighters. But it appeals to kids more I guess.

Please JJ, no more of this:

tumblr_mva3m3yQNg1sjzbuao1_400.gif

I still love TPM duel. I never cared for the Duel in ROTS. It started off ok. Harder to follow with two Blue Sabers. Got really stupid when they started swinging on wires and fighting on Lava boats.

Never cared for any of the saber fights in AOTC. I hate that Yoda uses a saber... He should be past that.... Same for Emperor in ROTS. I like to think both are so powerful in the force they are past using those. Another reason why I ignore the PT :)

TPM has the pod race, Maul Dual, Maul, real sets and John Williams Score for the Dual of the Fates. All of that makes it the best of the PT.

I think Mauls' arrogance is key. Its what ended up getting him killed in the end, so I think the flip just further drives home that idea of him being too confident in his abilities.

The only think that I hate about the duel is that some how Maul and Qui-Gon end up being divided by last laser wall while they were fighting their way down the hall. Obi-Wan runs at a full sprint and gets blocked by that same wall. If Maul could fight his way through all the barriers and Qui-Gon getting stopped at the same one Obi-Wan gets caught at, surely he would have been able to run though them all!

I'll never forget seeing Yoda using a miniature saber and jumping around like Spiderman while screaming in anger like Miss Piggy. I remember my brother and I looking at each other like, WTF is happening? :gah:

Back