Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that laugh and grin he does when Vader loses his **** and implodes all those medical droids.

so shaft brought in some newb level dum dumz to take out a sith lord!? where's the logic in there.

for someone who doesn't know anything about those wasted jedis background.....that's how it would roughly translate to. newb level dum dumz, sidekick jedis.

shaft deserved to die if he brought in newbs to a big boys fight.lolz

IN AOTC Palpatine looks pale and sickly, but in ROTS he doesn't. Maybe George wasn't sure how to get from palatine to emperor and going to use the sick route versus lightning to the face?

so shaft brought in some newb level dum dumz to take out a sith lord!? where's the logic in there.

for someone who doesn't know anything about those wasted jedis background.....that's how it would roughly translate to. newb level dum dumz, sidekick jedis.

shaft deserved to die if he brought in newbs to a big boys fight.lolz

Shaft brought the Redshirts of the Jedi council :lol

makes you think those were the jedi masters stuck behind the desk, grounded in the temple for being slack or incompetent...and that was shaft's last resort backup.
was the jedi temple that depleted of ace grade jedi masters.lolz

IN AOTC Palpatine looks pale and sickly, but in ROTS he doesn't. Maybe George wasn't sure how to get from palatine to emperor and going to use the sick route versus lightning to the face?

That was one thing (well among many) that bothered me. AOTC Palpatine looked like he was being consumed by darkness and beginning the transformation into the Emperor from Jedi. Then in ROTS he appears younger until the lightning thing/whatever the hell happened to him scene. Just sloppy. Like most of the prequel trilogy.

yep, and they went down like newbz.

The worst backup in history. I think the younglings would have put up a better fight.

tumblr_mva3m3yQNg1sjzbuao1_400.gif

Ridiculous. Also the blue on blue sabre fight made it all the more difficult to know who was doing what in the long shots. One way they could have changed the blade to red could have been when Anakin goes to his knees before the emperor. Palpatine could have held out a red crystal, used the force to dismantle the lightsabre and replace the crystal, then said "you shall be Darth Vader". Not sure if that would have violated canon. Of course then everyone would have said why was it blue again with Luke got it back obi-wan could have done it after taking it away, but that would have been more complicated I suppose.

Last edited:
The duel between Palpatine and the four Jedi plays out SO much better in the novel. He makes short work of them, but it's due to the fact that he moves at a speed that the Jedi had never seen before. Mace is only a match for him because he skirts dangerously close to the Dark Side during the fight. It's really a great scene. Alas, it didn't play out nearly as well in the film.

Those guys remind me of pro wrestling, when the attempted attacker tries to sneak up on a guy by holding his arms way up in the air, as if he's gonna smash the guy. But then the other guy turns around while the attacker seems frozen in shock and disbelief while he gets punched in the gut or kicked in the balls!

3 jedi masters in under 30 seconds. :pow

he's a sith lord, yes. but not THAT good.
i mean he's first strike, you could see that attack coming he pulls back(for cryin out loud) and he impales a jedi master in that blow. lousy. **** that, masters reduced to newbs.

The duel between Palpatine and the four Jedi plays out SO much better in the novel. He makes short work of them, but it's due to the fact that he moves at a speed that the Jedi had never seen before. Mace is only a match for him because he skirts dangerously close to the Dark Side during the fight. It's really a great scene. Alas, it didn't play out nearly as well in the film.
lyzA8h4.png

3 jedi masters in under 30 seconds. :pow

he's a sith lord, yes. but not THAT good.
i mean he's first strike, you could see that attack coming he pulls back(for cryin out loud) and he impales a jedi master in that blow. lousy. **** that, masters reduced to newbs.

They need it this guy. A true master of the Jedi arts :lol

nOJbyVG.gif

So basically vampire speed, which would have been one way to shoot it that could have looked pretty cool. But who knows what kind of a movie trilogy Lucas was trying to make. But to be honest, I prefer the PT to the Hobbit Trilogy.

I would have liked that scene to go longer. They all were on the council, all veterans of the clone wars and they drop like flies. Should have been a three minute duel with Palps taking down one a minute, then save the big duel with Mace for last.

I think this scene though just shows how great Palpatine is with a saber. He could have taken Mace but knew/foreseen what was to come.....

Back