Star Wars reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. They were prequels. A reboot is starting over again from square one with preexisting material. Like Battlestar Galactica for instance.

I saw my first episode ever of that yesterday on scifi and was like wtf? They had an entire fleet, the President was flying around in a fighter jet, and the VP murdered some people, I turned it off pretty much right away, it seemed awful.

Last edited:
Man thats like turning on Star Wars when Ewoks are killing stormtroopers. You lack context. Acquire that and Battlestar Galactica is one of the coolest shows ever.

A Star Wars reboot will happen. It's only a matter of time.

It will. It just may not be Skywalker. Depending on how senile Lucas goes in his older years he may make the legal instruction even tighter but I have a feeling that in the twilight years he'll just change it and leave it to his kids and be done with it. It may be long long time before you see Star Wars on screen again in a reboot but I think it'll happen.

J.J. Abrams can do whatever he wants with Star Wars, in my book. If he can make (what is heralded as) a great Star Trek movie when he is a Star Wars fan, then I'd like to see him take a crack at Star Wars.

Not me. Fanboys often make the worst films because they are too close to it. I liked the prequels but there are way too many issues and things wrong with them that fanboys forgive and no one is a bigger fanboy of his work than Lucas himself. Empire and in its own way Jedi was great because someone from the outside looking in was able to take his vision and make a movie from it. Abrams not liking Trek means he was out to make a movie plain and simple, he wasn't worried about offending the fans or stepping on canonical toes he wanted to make a movie that he found interesting, then used guidance from the sources and consultants to make sure its still felt like Star Trek. In reality the best reboot of a Star Wars movie is someone who doesn't really consider themselves a fan but will respect it enough to not make radical off the wall Schumacherian changes.

"Star Wars" isn't like "Trek", which is owned by Paramount. Only ONE PERSON can make SW happen.

Star Wars in name but it only takes a crafted storyteller to take the basic elements and create something that is undeniably Star Wars but changed enough legally to avoid litigation. The problem is writers often find themselves wanting to tell their own stories not retell someone elses so many of the Star Wars or even Star Trek clones have a unique spin that makes them different enough. Since Lucas' own fairytale is rooting in mythology and well known archetypes that just need to be woven together I'd say its really only a matter of time.

Man thats like turning on Star Wars when Ewoks are killing stormtroopers. You lack context. Acquire that and Battlestar Galactica is one of the coolest shows ever.

Yea, I remember alot of hype around it, I'll give it a chance eventually, you can just understand what an odd point to come into it that was. I was expecting guys with 80's haircuts and moustaches shooting lasers at silver robots.

I wouldn't want any remakes, but they could make movies of some EU stuff. The Thrawn trilogy would be a great place to start.

Yea, I remember alot of hype around it, I'll give it a chance eventually, you can just understand what an odd point to come into it that was. I was expecting guys with 80's haircuts and moustaches shooting lasers at silver robots.
While I think BSG is a bit over-rated, it is still a very good show worth giving a look. I wouldn't dismiss it because of one bad/confusing scene.

The may as well reboot/remake them. The originals have already been bastardized by that Special Edition crap, might as well go all the way with it.

^^^^ GEORGE LUCAS! I was looking forward to more and BETTER Star Wars stuff after he died.

Goddamnit.

I wasn't happy what happened with I, II and III, so I doubt I'd be happy with anything Lucas would come up with now. I honestly don't want to see a reboot of IV, V and VI.

I do agree it will probably happen one day. Maybe after George's passing.

George will have his head and neck wattle put in a glass jar and wired up to a computer, so he will live forever and write even more crap to insert into the ever expanding Star Wars SPECIAL EDITIONS :monkey4

Rebooting Star wars would be a horrible idea in my opinion, esp. one within the next 30-40 years.

Hell why dont they reboot the Godfather while there at it?? Or Jaws??

Some films should not be touched because they are monumental figures in film history/American History, and fantastic interp. of the time in which they were made. I swear the American Philosophy of "BIGGER, NEWER, LOUDER = Great Idea, get it done yesterday!!!!!" is a joke and basically why the country lags behind the rest of the world in regards to culture. We as a country should relish and celebrate our film achievements, not seek to improve on something that dosent need improving just for the sake of it.

If there still is money to be made from the franchise (which there is), create a spinoff type film bridging the two eras together (possibly focusing on Boba). There are hundreds of good EU stories out there, which would only serve to expand upon the film mythology. Dont totally disregard what happened before with a Reboot. And on top of that, there is a cartoon series out, a live action series being made and more than a few monthly publications focusing on the franchise as it is. The franchise of star wars is far from dead and is making money by the handfulls as we speak.

Last edited:
I can't think of any form of art that hasn't benefitted from rebooting. How many versions of the Piata have been painted? Or the Last Supper? Different stagings of great opera's?

What makes film so special that it can't be touched by the reboot bug?

The may as well reboot/remake them. The originals have already been bastardized by that Special Edition crap, might as well go all the way with it.

:lecture I agree... Lucas is a greedy bum and once the SW cash cow dies down in 10+ years.. we will see something done to the films.

Back