Star Wars reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fett was weak. He just had cool armor.

Exhibit A) He couldn't capture Solo (Vader did it for him)

Exhibit b) He got taken out in like 2 seconds over the sarlac pit.

never underestimate a hole in the ground! ;)

I can't think of any form of art that hasn't benefitted from rebooting. How many versions of the Piata have been painted? Or the Last Supper? Different stagings of great opera's?

What makes film so special that it can't be touched by the reboot bug?

So your saying that subsequent versions of the Da Vinci's Last Supper have been superior to the original? How have they benifited the original work in the least? They havent. They can only try to imitate a fantastic work and make names for the ego maniac artist whove tried to attach thier name's to a inferior replica over the centuries.

Film HAS been saturated by the Reboot bug already. Its just that it isnt crucial to the development of this paticular franchise. Since the franchise is still pulsing with many projects and generating considerable cash, nothing can be gained.

So your saying that subsequent versions of the Da Vinci's Last Supper have been supierior to the original? How have they benifited the original work in the least? They havent. They can only try to imitate a fantastic work and make names for the ego maniac artist whove tried to attach thier name's to a replica over the centuries.

Film HAS been saturated by the Reboot bug already. Its just that it isnt crucial to the development of this paticular franchise. Since the franchise is still pulsing with many projects and generating considerable cash, nothing can be gained.

A true Star Wars fan. :lecture :lol

Da Vinci's Last Supper was a reboot itself smarty pants. How can you know a reboot wouldn't also be superior?

The only reboot/remake I've ever seen that was better than the original is the 1959 BEN-HUR. And maybe OCEAN'S 11, but that one almost doesn't count because the original was never revered in any way.

If there is a reboot, I think Hayden Christensen should play every character. He can be Luke, wear a wig for Han, wear a wig and dress for Leia, wear a suit for Chewie, have old age makeup for Obi-Wan, it would be AWESOME

Da Vinci's Last Supper was a reboot itself smarty pants. How can you know a reboot wouldn't also be superior?

Obviously the story goes back 2000 years.

But there is a difference between a Films script (which is rather percise) and one of the most important events of the Christian Religon that is vaugley recorded in a collection of gospels. Every body can have thier own view and interpration of religon, hell thats what religon is all about. But STAR WARS WAS CREATED THRU ONE MANS VISION ALONE. ANY OTHER VISION WOULD BE WRONG since it is not the original idea of the sole creator. Big difference buddy.

Star wars has been made and exploited to death already. A Reboot would serve no function.

I don't see how it makes any difference at all whether Star Wars was the product of 1 man or 10,000 men. In addition, did anyone recoil at the idea of Peter Jackson filming LOTR after someone already made an animated version? Would it make a difference if a SW reboot was animated?

I don't see how it makes any difference at all whether Star Wars was the product of 1 man or 10,000 men. In addition, did anyone recoil at the idea of Peter Jackson filming LOTR after someone already made an animated version? Would it make a difference if a SW reboot was animated?

No because it would still just replace the massive layered mythology that has developed over the last 30 years. Lets just kick that all under the rug. The animated projects out right now that lucas has made have only ENHANCED the films due to the fact that they have expanded the story that the films revolve around. The films are CANON, meaning that they are the most signifigant portion of Star wars out there and will be the definitive version of star wars now and always.

Agree to Disagree I guess.

But do you honestly think a reboot of the franchise is needed to enhance its story, mythology or cultural signifigance??

Last edited:
But do you honestly think a reboot of the franchise is needed to enhance its story, mythology, cultural signifigance??

No. But I think it might be entertaining. Like hearing an old song cleverly covered by a good band.

I guess I just don't regard Star Wars with quite the same level of sanctity as you do, so yeah - agree to disagree. :duff

But do you honestly think a reboot of the franchise is needed to enhance its story, mythology or cultural signifigance??

Well here is the thing. The Star Trek film as awesome as it is, does not enhance the original story or make it more culturally significant. All it does is give a fresh take on the characters and make it more broadly appealing which the franchise needed. A reboot of Star Wars would not wipe out the history before it and any real serious changes like those that occurred in Abram's reboot of Star Wars would just cement the old into its place in history of fans. No one is saying that Star Wars needs to be replaced and it'll never happen just like no matter how popular new Star Trek, even if it makes TDK money and appeal, would ever replace the original stuff. It just a retelling of the story with another person's spin on it. I would argue that Star Wars could only be helped by this because no one will ever be able to outright replace was Lucas has done.

Nope...I think it's a bad idea! They should never ...EVER....even think of doing a SW reboot!! No matter what director they pick!!!!!!!!

Except for the PT!!!

Fixed. ;)

J.J. Abrams can do whatever he wants with Star Wars, in my book.

If he can make (what is heralded as) a great Star Trek movie when he is a Star Wars fan, then I'd like to see him take a crack at Star Wars.

Agreed. It's not as if it'd take anything away from the originals anyway.

As for a "Star Wars Reboot".... it won't happen. Ever. Lucas will just continue tinkering with the existing films, but has it legally documented that upon his death NO new "Star Wars" films, sequels, prequels, spin-offs, etc can be made. He owns the rights 100%, and when he dies they die with him... until they enter public domain, which wouldn't be in our lifetime anyway.

The SW machine will probably move on, but only in the form of licensing.

Maybe. Maybe not. There's too much money to be made by his benefactors, lawyers, studios, Hasbro, etc. to say that it will never happen.

Where there's literally hundreds of millions, perhaps billions, of dollars involved, there is a way.

Exactly, its like the way Kubricks wife got all his film rights. She respects his wishes and so you don't see thigns like action figures etc.

But if it goes to Lucas's wife or kids, you really think they'll never ever be SW again? I think thats really a stretch. And again, this isn't 2001, these were movies built around products and toys and sequels so Im counting on more once he dies eventually.

Exactly. Kubrick's wife is one thing. Lucas' kids? Hard to say. No doubt they can be comfortable for the rest of their lives, but the presumably huge SW income isn't going to last forever. People will remain SW fans all their lives, but even fans will lose interest in collecting - certainly at the level SW is at now, at least - if there isn't media to keep interest high.

I though the cabel version of Dune was better than the David Lynch. :0

I don't think Dune should count - it was a book first, after all.

Rebooting SW as a motion picture would be like rewriting Dune as a novel.

1252075516_Invasion_of_the_Body_Snatchers.gif

Back