Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's out today in blighty, one of the rare occasions that something gets released before the USA. I'd taken the day off work to watch them too.:(
It says the UK release date is the 13th. :dunno

I know its not the 13th there.

I thought you had sworn off buying the blu-rays. :gun

:pfft: No way, sir. I honestly couldn't even be bothered to take one to a price check scanner. :lol

However, I was bummed that they could put the SW sets out 4 days early, but no THOR, which streets tomorrow. :(

Well we all know how Adywan feels about the official SE's and it sounds like he's no fan of the transfers for the new OT:SE edits on the blu-rays.

However for the deleted scenes alone he states this:

If you are a fan of the OT and love deleted scenes and special features then this set is for you.

:yess:

Between the HD PT, OT:SE slots that I can replace with copies of the OOT, and deleted scenes it sounds like this is going to be a hell of a fun set. Can't wait!

Been gone a few days, and boy tons of pages to read. Some things that stick out.

1. The Lego movie that comes out this week. Is an Exclusive to Walmart, NOT just the figure, but the movie itself is an exclusive.

2. Watchmen zillion times > TDK

3. Being mad about a few things, still excited to get this in HD. I just dont understand about that press conference saying they fixed things, and it turns out, they didnt. They fixed the Green Saber in ANH just FOR ONE SHOT!!! and didnt bother the rest of the scene. Whats the point?

4. Wish Lucas would take Tommy Wiseau under his wings. Would love to see what Tommy would change to The Room.

Something that just occurred to me. Its been heavily speculated that George released the original theatrical trilogy on non-anamorphic DVD in 2006 with just barely better picture quality than bootlegs of the OOT to put the bootleggers out of "business." Basically use sucky transfers so as not to compete with the Special Editions but still have the "best" available version of the OOT, bootleg editions included.

Now that guys like Harmy are starting to figure out how to distribute high definition versions of the OOT I wonder if we will indeed see it appearing on an official LFL blu-ray in the not-too-distant future....

How did Wal-mart get a lock on that deal?

183_lucasrapetrooper.gif

Don't think that gif will ever get old... well the set shipped today, so guess I'm stuck with it for now. Even though it sounds shady on my part I will try to unload them if at all possible.

Hoping someone will want to save $10-$15 off of retail :huh

Back