Statue Star Wars Mythos - Will it continue?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want a great Luke Skywalker. I could go for a Han if it was knocked out of the Park but a great Luke is a must.

As far as smaller characters... Well I could go for a Wedge Antilles. I like the idea of a Bossk or a IG-88. But I am not sure I would get them. But If Wedge was done well I would snatch one of them up fast :)

I posted this before.. kind of a Luke like this would be a no brainer for me:

Star_Wars_Luke_Skywalker_Cut_Scene_Blu_Ray_Jerry_Vanderstelt_Knight_Passage.jpg

:rotfl I believe that the first time Maul mad a "Force Pull" was with that stick when he was little and Sidious kept him locked and training with a droid and he did it by instinct fighting with the droid.

I don't know why he would keep that stick or maybe I´m just making up **** and it´s just a random stick...I believe a read it in "the wrath of maul". So I don't love the churro stick but I can give it some backstory and that way it has a meaning for me :)

The stick is actually for his origins story where he kills a Jedi and builds his double ended light sabre.

I posted this before.. kind of a Luke like this would be a no brainer for me:

Star_Wars_Luke_Skywalker_Cut_Scene_Blu_Ray_Jerry_Vanderstelt_Knight_Passage.jpg

Something like this would be about all I would pick up Luke wise....

Im not his biggest fan but that pic is very cool and in statue form I would be all ovet it

The only downside is the statue can't actually use the force to levitate the pieces. That means some cheesy semi transparent garbage between the pieces.

That's what I was thinking. This depiction of Luke is better suited to art as the pieces that would simulate the Force effect would take away too much from the overall statue.

The stick is actually for his origins story where he kills a Jedi and builds his double ended light sabre.

:goodpost:
Yes, the mythos surrounding his lightsaber and origins. I guess Maul could be boring if you don't know or aren't aware of the backstory.

Which sort of makes this line both infuriating and brilliant.

Yes, the statues are gorgeous and days can be lost just staring at all the detail. But....unless you know the back stories, you can never fully appreciate what you're looking at.

:goodpost:
Yes, the mythos surrounding his lightsaber and origins. I guess Maul could be boring if you don't know or aren't aware of the backstory.

Which sort of makes this line both infuriating and brilliant.

Yes, the statues are gorgeous and days can be lost just staring at all the detail. But....unless you know the back stories, you can never fully appreciate what you're looking at.

For these pieces a piece of artwork that depicts the context and an explanation of the origin of the concept would be appreciated.

Well, since we know Grievous was at least in the planning stage I hope they show some at SDCC. I love this line.

Usually by now, SS would have teased with a quick behind-the-scenes snippet, or snuck a proto pic into an introduction sequence - I think they set the ES on these way too high and have a bunch sitting in the warehouse and are trying to decide if the line will really "continue" or will they just release Grievous because he's probably too far along now and then call it quits?

Surprise! You build high ES, drop scale, raise price, and drop mixed media and they don't sell like crazy. At the same time there's 1/4 DC PFs opening for PO at the same price.

This Mythos line has a huge opportunity. The equation just needs to be tweaked a little.

This Mythos line has a huge opportunity. The equation just needs to be tweaked a little.

:exactly: The opportunity is huge IMO, a fresh and interesting take on the galaxy with so many characters to choose from and build a small story around. But @ $350 a pop, an ES of 2500 doesn't look that appealing to a lot of collectors. Then they announce 5K for a Vader that has awe-inspiring potential (pending on paint aps) - level out the ES and they'll move and make way for more characters to be done.

Okay, first off, I'm ashamed that I've missed out on this thread for so long. I love all things Mythos. Well, almost.

Like many of you, I am hoping the line continues, and have been eagerly awaiting a new reveal, and hopefully a new "wave" of five new statues. I'm still waiting on my Maul (second shipment), and Boba of course. Still haven't pulled the trigger on Vader. Is he $350? This is virtually the only Sideshow line I collect, and if they stop this, it would likely be the end of collecting Sideshow for me.

These statues are flat out amazing to me, and fire the imagination perfectly.

I'm hoping the Grievous really does make an appearance of some sort at SDCC this year. And I'm super happy to have scored my Sunday ticket. Not much, but enough to peruse the Sideshow booth, and knock around a bit...

Again, I think the Mythos formula is pretty decent:

Wave of five at a time
Four heavy hitters, and one second tier character
Lower the edition sizes
Lower the price, if at all possible
Offer through retailers

That is all. :D

looks like we will see only Grevious for now.. no wave.. to bad...

Maybe they will have some behind-the-scenes video that will show another 2-3 in development, that would at least tell us more are coming.

that would be great.. I also would like to know if and what is coming next

that would be great.. I also would like to know if and what is coming next

The odd thing, at least to me, is SS has gone on record stating that the Mythos line will continue and grow, but they haven't a thing to show for it. One would think they have at least 2-3 being worked on as the SW license is big for them.

Okay, first off, I'm ashamed that I've missed out on this thread for so long. I love all things Mythos. Well, almost.

Like many of you, I am hoping the line continues, and have been eagerly awaiting a new reveal, and hopefully a new "wave" of five new statues. I'm still waiting on my Maul (second shipment), and Boba of course. Still haven't pulled the trigger on Vader. Is he $350? This is virtually the only Sideshow line I collect, and if they stop this, it would likely be the end of collecting Sideshow for me.

These statues are flat out amazing to me, and fire the imagination perfectly.

I'm hoping the Grievous really does make an appearance of some sort at SDCC this year. And I'm super happy to have scored my Sunday ticket. Not much, but enough to peruse the Sideshow booth, and knock around a bit...

Again, I think the Mythos formula is pretty decent:

Wave of five at a time
Four heavy hitters, and one second tier character
Lower the edition sizes
Lower the price, if at all possible
Offer through retailers

That is all. :D

Yup!

I think a little tweaking will go along way for this line.

Back