Statue Star Wars Mythos - Will it continue?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of right now, that's the only sign we have that this line will supposedly continue. That and a few quotes from Tom Gilliand, which I don't put much stock in, as SS changes directions quite a bit.

The other sign is the speed with which they sell out. The line is doing well, so I expect it will continue.

The other sign is the speed with which they sell out. The line is doing well, so I expect it will continue.

Very true. With Kenobi selling such a large ES in a relatively small window of time, SS has to see that we want these to continue.

Very true. With Kenobi selling such a large ES in a relatively small window of time, SS has to see that we want these to continue.

Another thing: put yourself in the artists' shoes. Wouldn't it be more interesting to design a Mythos statue than a classic style one? I bet the artists want this line.

they confirmed they were working on another batch during SDCC...

yep... kinda funny yet sad, that they can hit the EU and PT characters out of the park, yet when it comes to OT characters like the Storm Trooper PF and Vader that they seem to drop the ball every time.

Wow guys. I wouldn't say that Vader is screwed at all. This is not correct. I mean we have a production, delivered piece with excellent - as seen so far - sculpt and excellent paint application which in this case is not easy at all. Yet everybody seems to criticize the entirety of this beautiful piece only because of a feature that came with it falsely advertised.

I think the really funny thing here is to say that this particular statue is screwed just because of the position of one of its alt hand displaying options.

Wow guys. I wouldn't say that Vader is screwed at all. This is not correct. I mean we have a production, delivered piece with excellent - as seen so far - sculpt and excellent paint application which in this case is not easy at all. Yet everybody seems to criticize the entirety of this beautiful piece only because of a feature that came with it falsely advertised.

I think the really funny thing here is to say that this particular statue is screwed just because of the position of one of its alt hand displaying options.

It's not just falsely advertised, it's screwed up. People want what they ordered. SS needs to fix this.

Its hard to say.... to some Vader wipl be totally screwed up and others even with the arm muck up he wipl be the best piece in their collection. I will fall somewhere in the middle...

In regards to new Mythos statues I would love to see whats going to happen with this line as whats coming next will determine if I will pick up Maul from this wave

If all the pieces they release in the next wave are gonna go in my collection I would have to get Maul too as not point having everyone except maul but if they chose something I can pass on Maul will be passed on too and I will be happy just getting tge ones that really matters to me as aposed to being a completist

I hope they stick with 5 pieces with 4 OT and 1 PT. Seems like an appropriate mix to me. If they continued with that approach over the next few years, I'd be happy...

I just read this, about what to expect from the Mythos line: "They can expect a mix of very adventurous takes on well-established characters from stories that have been told only in print, as well as pieces that give unsung characters a little limelight!"

So we can expect more like the Gamorrean Guard, which reading this entire thread, is bad news for some of us.

BTW, lets post some more on the Facebook wall of sideshow asking for more Mythos and some teasers of the next batch! I've already done so

mythos.png

I love this line, Im excited to see what they come up with. If they make a Yoda one, I will buy it on the spot!!!

Back