STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what ... I have a 3-year-old boy. I'm glad he'll have the opportunity to see this.

SnakeDoc

why does it have to be in 3D? i dont see what that would improve for any of the SW films.

why does it have to be in 3D? i dont see what that would improve for any of the SW films.

330jarjar.jpg

Now I like the Prequels, I even think Revenge is as good as Return, but I am not a fan of converted 3D movies, so I am slightly sceptical. That being said, I will go and see it with my daughter, and hope that the conversion process has been greatly improved by then.

....I am not a fan of converted 3D movies, so I am slightly sceptical.

I don't think there is any reason to be skeptical. This is Lucas. Say what you will about his storytelling, but when it comes movie tech, Lucas doesn't ____ around. It will be great.

I'm an OT nut and I despise the prequels, but I'll see TPM. Out of the three prequel films, TPM is the best. The end duel, the score, Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Maul, 1999 nostalgia, yeah I'll see it in theaters again.

:lecture

Not sure I'll see them in the cinema again but I agree about TPM, the best of the prequels. It ___ked up the whole thing in so many ways and yet manages to be the most enjoyable.

I don't think there is any reason to be skeptical. This is Lucas. Say what you will about his storytelling, but when it comes movie tech, Lucas doesn't ____ around. It will be great.

I know, but we still have Vader's pink lightsaber.

:exactly:

George Lucas at one time was great with tech. Now he just wants to make a quick buck.

I will be there to see it. TPM is much better than AOTC and ROTS IMO. TPM FTW ROTFLMFAOBBQ.

I'm an OT nut and I despise the prequels, but I'll see TPM. Out of the three prequel films, TPM is the best. The end duel, the score, Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Maul, 1999 nostalgia, yeah I'll see it in theaters again.

Won't see AOTC or ROTS though.

I doubt I'll see this, but I agree with the rest. TPM had a lot of good things that just happened to be in a bad movie.

When I think back to around '99, I just think about the excitement and how pumped I was, and getting those cardboard circles at Taco Bell. I choose to not focus on the movie itself.

George Lucas at one time was great with tech.

Lucas employs people who understand technology. He also selectively ignores what he doesn't want to hear.

He most famously sold off the Lucasfilm Computer Animation project which would under Steve Jobs become Pixar.

For some time he was happy to proclaim the pre-SE OT, Star Wars in particular, were gone. Unrecoverable. Get used to it. There are digital film restoration buffs that strongly argue otherwise . Lucas simply refuses to allow a modern transfer of the real OT to be done.

What are people smoking thinking this is the best of the prequels? This movie is barely watchable. I'm not into the 3D thing, but I'd see the others, not this.

I will be taking my son. It will be his first Theater experience at 2 1/2 years old. We will see how it goes, he may be too young, but maybe not. Can't wait to start a tradition of taking him to each one.

My son won't sit through a movie yet, we took him to Cars 2 and it was a turrible. Unless I wanted to be the _______ parent who lets their kid run around a darkened theater. I can't be that guy. Luckily the real 3D Star Wars movies don't come out for a while.

Back