STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone please clear something up for me...

"A New Hope" = a new hope for the Jedi order

"The Empire Strikes Back" = Self-Explanatory

"Return of The Jedi" = Jedi Return

"Attack of The Clone" = Clones Attack

"Revenge of The Sith" = The Sith Get Revenge

"The Phantom Menace" = ?

Because Darth Maul shows up pretty late and even after his appearance the council finds out and then they forget all about it as the story returns to Naboo. Is it Palpatine cos they dont even know about him yet.

Does it refer to Palpatine manipulating the events? Even though you can't really refer to that as a Menace.

So what is the Phantom "Menace"

Someone please clear something up for me...

"A New Hope" = a new hope for the Jedi order

"The Empire Strikes Back" = Self-Explanatory

"Return of The Jedi" = Jedi Return

"Attack of The Clone" = Clones Attack

"Revenge of The Sith" = The Sith Get Revenge

"The Phantom Menace" = ?

Because Darth Maul shows up pretty late and even after his appearance the council finds out and then they forget all about it as the story returns to Naboo. Is it Palpatine cos they dont even know about him yet.

Does it refer to Palpatine manipulating the events? Even though you can't really refer to that as a Menace.

So what is the Phantom "Menace"

ANH is hope for the rebellion, not Jedi.

Phantom Menace is indeed Palpatine.

You were right, tell your sister, you were right. :lol

Since half the movie is walking, and talking, I really dont see a need to pay for this.

Maybe sneak in during the last 20 minutes...

Since half the movie is walking, and talking, I really dont see a need to pay for this.

Maybe sneak in during the last 20 minutes...

Last 20 minutes, for free. I'd be up for that.

After all, Palpatine wasn't a full blown problem yet, only a menace.

I mean, not trying to be all PT bashing, but the film doesn't have that "MUST SEE 3D" thing.

It's nice visually, but if i'm seeing a 3D movie, I want wall to wall action. Or something. It's a gimmick after all.

I mean, not trying to be all PT bashing, but the film doesn't have that "MUST SEE 3D" thing.

It's nice visually, but if i'm seeing a 3D movie, I want wall to wall action. Or something. It's a gimmick after all.

Pod Race and Final Duel will be cool, first lightsaber battle in 3D.

Other than that you're right.

3D Anakin at the supper table and Qui-Gon grabbing JarJar's tongue :lol

Btw, just watched Megamind in 3D, wow.

I just hope that when this 3D version hits the theater that, like the current "Lion King" re-release, it's out in 2D too...it'd be cool to see a SW movie on the big screen again and the 3D gimmick doesn't work for everyone...

ANH is hope for the rebellion, not Jedi.

Phantom Menace is indeed Palpatine.

You were right, tell your sister, you were right. :lol

Yep, Palpatine is the menace, lurking in the shadows like a ghost. Heck, the fact that you mainly see Sidious as a hologram throughout most of the film actually evokes the imagery of a ghost. On a broader level, the Phantom Menace is also the invasion of Naboo. It seems to be the main danger to our heroes, and when the good guys defeat the trade Federation, they think they've won. It's a shadow play. In reality, the true danger was Palpatine's rise to power and nobody knows it, so the movie ends on a happy note, even though everyone is actually screwed. The invasion was like a phantom pain that isn't truly dangerous, while the cancer of Palpatine is doing real damage undetected.

Pod Race and Final Duel will be cool, first lightsaber battle in 3D.

Other than that you're right.

3D Anakin at the supper table and Qui-Gon grabbing JarJar's tongue :lol

Btw, just watched Megamind in 3D, wow.

Obviously, from the podrace on is just gonna look sick in 3D: screaming-fast podracers tearing through the desert, the battle between the Gungans and the droids, the space battle, the duel of the fates, the re-taking of Theed...all of this will play well in 3D. The first half will be slower, with the highlights being the invasion of Naboo and the underwater scenes (even though it's full of Jar Jar and Gungans, it will look amazing). The early Tatooine scenes, weellllll....

Yep, Palpatine is the menace, lurking in the shadows like a ghost. Heck, the fact that you mainly see Sidious as a hologram throughout most of the film actually evokes the imagery of a ghost. On a broader level, the Phantom Menace is also the invasion of Naboo. It seems to be the main danger to our heroes, and when the good guys defeat the trade Federation, they think they've won. It's a shadow play. In reality, the true danger was Palpatine's rise to power and nobody knows it, so the movie ends on a happy note, even though everyone is actually screwed. The invasion was like a phantom pain that isn't truly dangerous, while the cancer of Palpatine is doing real damage undetected.

:exactly::clap:goodpost::clap:exactly:

There is a LOT of cool ____ that will be awesome in 3D.

Pod Race obviously the biggest but also:

Invasion of Naboo
Watermosters
Droiddekkas
Escape from Naboo
Duel of the Fates
Attack on Federation starship.

I never liked the Pod Race. It always bores me. It's a good scene on it's own...but it has nothing to do with the plot, and is just useless. You could seriously skip from when they arrive on Tatooine, meeting Anakin, then talking to Watto...then leaving with Anakin. That entire scene does nothing to advance the plot. I mean, he needed the parts and all that....but you could easily just have Watto give him the parts. Or something.

I never liked the Pod Race. It always bores me. It's a good scene on it's own...but it has nothing to do with the plot, and is just useless. You could seriously skip from when they arrive on Tatooine, meeting Anakin, then talking to Watto...then leaving with Anakin. That entire scene does nothing to advance the plot. I mean, he needed the parts and all that....but you could easily just have Watto give him the parts. Or something.

I understand that GL needed a way to show off that he was a gifted kid, one close with the force and of the highest midichlorian count, but they could've figured out another way to show that.

The TPM novel explains that Pod Racing is only performed by aliens with multiple limbs, great dexterity and stamina and that Anakin is the only human who can compete with them, but I don't believe the way it was done for the movie did a good job conveying that message.

That being said, I have yet to experience a scene from any movie that has the same quality soundtrack that is present in the Pod Race scene, so I love it! :lol

The dynamic energy and cacophany of sound that comprises that scene is truly spectacular!

I use the Pod Race scene to show off my 7.1 home theater, jaws (not jawas) always hit the ground!

Last edited:
Back